Store: New Items

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Browncoat Jayson, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

As well all know, this release the Store had everything removed except Crowns and Game Access. Instead, all in-game item rewards are available only in the Crown Shop inside the game.

While I've been pushing for this to happen, as the Add-On Store had grown huge and overwhelming, there are a couple negative side effects of this change:
    1. New items are not highlighted anywhere. Adding something to the Store was always a big deal, as there are screenshots for it that didn't appear anywhere else, and it was an opportunity to show off to the community that something new and different is now available.
    2. There is no way, other than buying Crowns, to contribute to the Livestream Stretch Goals. Comparing the last couple months of livestreams and the stretch goal progress, it appears that this is highly detrimental in that regard. Buying Crowns is not very exciting.
    What I'd suggest is that when new items are added to the Crown Shop, they also appear on a second tab of the Add-On Store. At the next release, that page can be wiped and have the new items from that release added instead. Also on this new tab, make sure to include a link to the Make A Different, Ep. 2 Stretch Goal, and Game Services stores, as those funds also affect stretch goals and having them linked would be a nice reminder.

I know that is extra work for the developers, but I think it will be good in the long run. Looking at other games with premium shops, the often have specials or new releases available both in-game and on the webstore, so that shouldn't be a turnoff to new players.

Thanks for listening.

(PSA: I'm totally not requesting this just so new items can easily be located and added to SotAwiki, with nice images. Because thats crazy. Go, stretch goals!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.