Stories from Paxlair & Chesapeake Shard

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Francis_Marsten, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Hail Rhyssand!! My how we miss you. We had a lot of "injured" people in PaxLair in those early days from the murderous attacks, and more from the Orcs (player orcs) from the Orc Fort down the road. We now have a Healer's Hut in PaxLair City with bloody towels and bowls. It was part of a special community quest a year ago. Attacks on PaxLair City have reduced, but I have a feeling they will pick up again. We are planning some events in UO soon that might be like future events in SotA, like some plays or contests, so that will come out on our Twitter feed @PaxLair. Maybe you can join us again.

Great to see you!

Winfield, Governor of PaxLair

Time Lord likes this.
  2. lordrex

lordrex Avatar

anyone remember lord ed mcmanus from chessy?

Link_of_Hyrule and Time Lord like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Winfield wassup! Its Dirtnap!

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Chessy had alot of great things event wise, it was a great server /Shard I miss alot of people that I lost touch with due to ICQ loosing its need for camunication . :(

Time Lord likes this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I still play Chessy and im part of the Pax Lair community as well (DWxC) i go by the names, squirrel, dirtnap, bloodlet if you decide to start playing there again until this game comes out feel free to call on me in chat, and ill see what i can do for you i have lots of armor and weapons packed away for pretty much any class, they are not the 400000gp type armor and weapons but they still are pretty decent to use until you can either make of buy or find those expensive sets on your own!

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Xaverri

Xaverri Avatar

love this thread!

Time Lord likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Wassup Xaverri!

Time Lord likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

i started playing UO when it first came out, i was on Lake Superior and Chesapeake, and i am now replaying UO again after time off from game for tha last 2 years i always seem to come back to UO! Id play WOW, Rift, something else cant remember, but always ended up back at UO! Customization was key for me i think, building houses, and making a toon the way i wanted to. So heres my UO history and stories,
    I started off in Lake Superior shard, i was probably killed every second i stepped out of town, i lived in yew in the Bank! lol, i would go out and chop wood because i was an archer and needed arrows, and kill birds for feathers, so basically that was all i had on me at any given moment, one day i got tired of being PK'd so i met up with a bunch of other disgruntled victims of PK'rs, we then went after each one, one by one, there was five of us to one of them, so after we scratched off the names in our black book and completed "The Hunt" we decided to make a guild, next thing you know i was volunteered up as Guild Master by the others we formed a notable guild (CYS) Consider your Sins, for thos of you that never played UO you probably miss the inside joke, but for those of you that played a pkr, pk killer, we know that saying all to well, we had to go to a shrine and repeat "I must consider my Sins" over and over to go from red to gray to Blue again, so it took awhile. My toons names over the years have been (most recent) Squirrel, Dirtnap, Bloodlet,Blaquerogue, Blink (there is another Blink in Chesapeak as well as me) Maximus.Pain, Sam Elliot, Jon Snow, and my Blacksmith Brock.Frostymug. My older ones from the beginning were, Dirtnap,Blaquerogue, Kabal, Keirnon, I used to run them on both shards and we had our guild on both shards, I used to run with Werewolf, and Lani alot on both shards, our guild was a Keep directly across bay from east Brit (there were alot of reapers in that area and gargoyles) Im Currently in DWxC on chessy

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

To help possibly jog some people's memories or jump in here with more stories about PaxLair and Chesapeake, I re-published PaxLair's "consolidated history" from 1997-2004. These were grand years of many player towns and guilds that saw the progression in UO from Felucca to Trammel to Tokuno.

See the full article "Consolidated History of PaxLair" on our PaxLair Times here.

Below is an extract from the article:

THE CULTURE OF PAXLAIR

With much of all this happening in the first two years of PaxLair, Mayor Winfield said at the PaxLair Second Anniversary Celebration (January 19, 2000),
    "Our culture remains our most vital component in PaxLair. This PaxLair culture is not stagnant, and is only a piece of the culture within the entire shard. The Olag Hai Orc Clan, the Clan of Vampires, the Caitiff, the Woodland Elves, the Xun Verin, the Wraiths, the Death Knights, the PaxLair Knights, the Kobolds, the PaxLair Wizards, the witches of Shadowcove, the Healers of Chesapeake, the Lupars, and many, many more beings bring color not just to PaxLair but to the entire shard. This is what makes Chesapeake the most interesting and robust shard of all shards. We in PaxLair vow to do all we can to help all beings, through our sense of neutrality, in any way we can."
    And in solemn and quiet fashion, he also contacted the Seers and Counselors that he could and thanked them for helping bring significant portions to the culture of PaxLair and the Realm.

It is inevitable though that in such a culture, PaxLair dealt occasionally with guilds that declared war on the city. At times, PaxLair's reaction was simply to attack and defend. Other times when such battles went on for many weeks, extensive diplomacy was attempted.

Early in PaxLair's second year (1999), a clan of wolves known as the Lupars declared war on PaxLair (February 8, 1999). For several months, Mayor Winfield and Chancellor Tycho Veg worked hard at diplomacy while others defended against attacks. The Ladies of the Lair house was a frequent place of their attack. Lupars demanded human sacrifices, which were against PaxLair's principles and tenets. Many discussions occurred with the Lupars to negotiate the violence and better understand the meaning of their wolfish attacks. Mayor Winfield hosted King Lupar and his Clan at a more neutral ground in Trinsic (February 26, 1999); however, the Lupars continued to demand a weekly human sacrifice, which PaxLair could not agree to. Therefore, the Lupar's regular attacks on shopkeepers, guards, and visitors continued. After a few months of this, it became apparent the war situation between the city and the Lupars would not progress beyond a tactical warring state. Eventually, PaxLair and the Lupars went on to other adventures and the war naturally subsided.

Also, the McManus Fiefdom (November 25, 1999) residing just northeast of PaxLair offered more opportunities for cooperation, diplomacy, and meaningful combat. However, full interactions did not take place. In later years, the Fiefdom was gone yet PaxLair still encountered Lord Ed McManus in the area.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.