Stretch Goal Buildings?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Latnem, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latnem

Latnem Avatar

I am curious on how the Greenhouse and stable work. It says "this item will gain the ability to be decorated." Does this mean if you purchase it now nothing can be done with it? I like the idea of putting all my Reag plants in a greenhouse or something.

Second question is would these need to be placed on a second lot or what lots allow multiple buildings

Oba Evesor likes this.
  2. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

I own some of those, the Garden Shed is the only one I have messed around with and that was 4 releases ago. That being said at the time I could put all my potted plants in it, and misc other stuff. I def saw other peoples Greenhouses that had things in them.

Point two kinda depends on the size of the lot. On a town lot with an Edelman house you could probably fit all the Flex Placement structures around it. On a village lot the stable takes up a ton of space. I'd have to mess around with stuff to see what exactly would fit. If Flex Placement is implemented that'll make everything so much easier..

3. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Can you place any of those in a PoT as decoration, so not on a lot like the Crypt or Outhouse?

Oba Evesor likes this.
  4. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  5. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Yes, I'm trying to help keep that current actually but a lot of items are still untested or at least not reported. So anyone with a Greenhouse or Garden Shed that could test would be great :D

Oba Evesor likes this.
  6. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Ahhh, well I've got all those decorations, but my PoT isn't in yet. I can give ya the decos if you have a PoT in-game.

7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

You can decorate in the garden shed. At one time you could even sneak lanterns into the rafters. Not sure if you can now.

These structures are already placed "flexibly" it's just our homes that can't move. Apparently it's linked to pathfinding.

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

This refers to walls and such.
    So while you can place stuff on the floor you cannot place things on the beams or walls or such.
    These does not count as a "house" but rather as decoration.

However they are huge.
    I'd say greenhouse can be placed outside a small home on a town lot. While the stables takes up a village lot space by itself, so you couldn't place it even on a town lot with a town home.
    One could always place them on an empty lot but what is the fun in that?

So ask around in game for people who has these and try them first if you are unsure.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I love the stables. It is huge though. Lord Baldrith placed it in the town and put crafting tables in all the stalls, but it didn't really seem as good as our open crafting area. I love the stables also for how the doors open on them, They slide instead of moving outwards. So any of the stretch goal items have limited uses. I can place lanterns on the railing of my boats. I love that the Dev team has put stretch goal items in the game. It is very cool. Also the boats can be put in the water on your water lot, I love that Also they can be placed anywhere for that matter.:)
    edited

10. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I have both stables and greenhouse and shed.

The greenhouse can now be decorated in, because it doesnt have a FLOOR any longer, but you cant put anything on the walls

The garden shed is tricky. you can put stuff on the shelves, but you cant put much on the floor. cant put basement entrance for example.

The stables is just amazing, and you can put stuff all over the floors, but nothing on walls.

All are well worth the buy if you have the garden space :)

majoria70 and Oba Evesor like this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

just tested, the greenhouse cannot be placed loose in a POT.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

So true the greenhouse and stables need a lot. The boats can be placed outside of a lot.

13. Kit Kimberlin

Kit Kimberlin Avatar

Such a shame

14. Ceara_Quein

Ceara_Quein Avatar

I have an add-on store village lot and greenhouse. I never put an actual house on the lot, just the greenhouse. Not much else can go, except the outhouse and the odd deco.

I only purchased the greenhouse because I figured it may have benefits when growing crops.

Other than that, my actual ''house'' is my 5 storey basement. I did that because I did not like any of the village plot houses available. Too claustrophobic for me in those houses.

Miracle Dragon and Solazur like this.
  15. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Anybody know if a greenhouse and a balloon can both go on a village lot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.