Stuff I don't think I need

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Jul 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I have the following things I don't think I'll need - I've looked for buy orders from them and haven't found much, and have asked on Traders and not gotten much interest. Are any of these particularly valuable, or so much so that I shouldn't just sell them to Theo or Pip?

All unrefined gems except Sapphire
    Gems of all schools except Tempestry
    Ward Gems against all 8 schools
    A few Jewels
    Imbued Gem of Ranged Combat
    Imbued Jewel of Rapid Fire
    Imbued Jewel of the Stag

I also have over 100 arties. I don't plan to sell the shields of attraction - I'll probably combine them all into 1 legendary shield of attraction once I have enough, but I don't anticipate wanting to use any of the others:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Time Lord likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Do you have a vendor? Then you could advertise your vendor in the trade channel. I just type what my vendor has in notepad outside of the game, save it, then copy and paste it in the trade window occasionally. If I was in town I would be happy to give you a vendor free. I have a couple. They are not commission-free though. I'll be back in game the end of August.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

The Ranged Combat gem might be worth something to some people. Maybe Rapid Fire too, but that seems unlikely. No idea about Stag. The rest you can safely sell to an NPC vendor. Non-imbued and unrefined gems and jewels drop like candy from dragons and other high end mobs, so there's not much of a market for them. I've maybe sold 5-10 total in five years.

My work seem to block the url those images are at, so I have no comment on the artifacts.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The images don't show up for me either (Firefox 89).

[edit] A trick I found is to quote the post, switch to plain text editing and then you can copy and paste the URLs into another tab.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@DalTXColtsFan Do you remember where the Imbued Gem of Ranged Combat, Imbued Jewel of Rapid Fire and Imbued Jewel of the Stag come from ?

Time Lord likes this.
  6. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  7. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

You don't want to sell the imbued gems or any artifacts to the npcs. All artifacts are worth at least the money you could get for the essence you get from salvaging the artifact (around 2k right now?) and some are worth more to the right person. The regular gems go ahead and sell.

8. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Try right clicking on image and then choose "Open image in new tab". I just recently discovered this.

FrostII and Barugon like this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  10. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I'll buy the Imbued Jewel of Rapid Fire. What's your price?

11. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I'm KingJoe DalTXColtsFan in game. Just PM me. I'm not looking to get rich, just offer me more than what I'd get from an NPC and I'll take it.

FBohler likes this.
  12. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I felt pretty silly for forgetting that I could just salvage those arties I don't need - I like to hoard Ancient Essence anyway because when I do find an artie I really like to actually use I like to repair it multiple times. And as has been pointed out in this thread sometimes salvages generate imbued stuff.

I think where I was going is that there are some arties that are clearly more useful and more in demand than others - for example people are usually fighting over Warlock Chains and Lavelliers of the Langomorphs. DO any of the arties in my list seem like arties people are usually looking for? If not, then as you said I'll probably just salvage them.

FrostII likes this.
  13. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

If I had to guess I'd say people would want tamer gloves and belt as artis and maybe slipshod sash, sword of speed and BMC rings mostly for the chance at the jewel/gem. But I think it is very different from person to person as to what artifacts hold any value above essence value. People are least likely to want luck rings, life rings, ankh of sacrifice and maybe focus batteries I'd think, but who knows for sure.

Tirrag and Anpu like this.
  14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the cabalist stuff, hoods and hammer, are quite rare.

FrostII likes this.
  15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Now that you mention it, @Alley Oop , do cabalist's still drop hoods ?
    Sorry for the slight derail here :oops:

16. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

100% yes. arties are valuable to crafters after the new imbued gems came out. best to get them out there for sale. if you do salvage and end up with an imbued gem, be sure to hang on to those.

be sure to sell all the non-imbued gems to a tagmatch alchemist such as William in Owls Head instead of an equipment vendor.

17. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I got two hoods last month, or maybe the month before. A Nefas and Corpus I think. Got em stashed away till someone who really wants them to contact me lol.

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  18. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

For the artifacts that I think I will neither use nor sell (and just salvage), do I have anything to gain from "combining" them first, i.e. if I have 8 rings of death common I don't need is there any reason to make 2 rings of death uncommon before salvaging?

19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you're just salvaging them for essence, no. if you're salvaging something hoping for an imbued jewel, you have a 10% chance from a common and a 50% chance from an uncommon, so it actually is worthwhile to combine them first.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you salvage say 80 common artifacts, then you'll average 8 gems. If you first combine them into uncommon artifacts then you'll average 10 gems. If, instead, you further combine those uncommon artifacts into rare artifacts then you'll for sure get 5 gems. In the long run, uncommon has the most return.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.