suggestion for main quests, and question about quests

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by baronandy, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

i personally loved it how age of conan offered everything
    -quests like in ultima online (find an npc and help)
    -do dungeons
    -1000 sidequests from npcs for gear or resorces for crafting (or crafting recepts)

in an open world setting (with pvp), even with npcs from sidequests you could chat an hour with lol
    but you had to be careful noone sneak behind you and attack during the chat XD

and the main quests was mostly located in a private instance which is located inside an open pvp instance
    so you had to enter a big instance finding a special mountain and when you entered the mine the main storyline quest started only for you

-which give the developers the option to make storyline decissions depending on what you will tell them
    dragonage witcher like staye
    -we could maybe get different endings
    -the developers could implement tons of movie sequences for storyline which i loved !!! and made the game deep

plz watch this excemple (love it especially when npcs talk to you and you dont have to read XD)

i also want the ability to choose if i am cruel or a good guy (would make fun to create another character because the storyline could be played differently)

here an excemple of open world quests where you meet other players and can do pvp (but a starter quest where you character not had combos enabled and so combatwise just directional standard swing attacks)

and this vid shows a main storyline quest (at the end of the vid he enter the storyline single player instance)
    the half of the quest was located in an open world which allows pvp, and the chatting with some npcs of low importance,
    but npcs of most interest where you could make decissions and want to carefully read or listen to everyting ,were located in the main quest singleplayer instance so you wont get interrupted by pvp while you want to listen XD

sadly didnt found a better excample that fast, maybe a bad excemple because the instance was hard to find XD so skip it after he found the prostitut e

and here the main storyline singleplayer quest

or in this single player quest you entered a house (single player instance in an open town and could start the quest) you spawned afterwards in the same player town but with no other online players at nighttime and had to kill a lot of enemys

2. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

that was a fantastic way to make a storyline deep, with videos, chatting, scrpted things inside the singleplayer instance and a more intense boss fight (maybe made the game a bit big like 30 gb or so but it was worth the download) + the fact other dungeons were open instances , (most of them with spawning monsters to farm) and much more rarely the storyline single player instances somewhere hidden for excemple behind a secret door in a open world dungeon

this could be a way to get nice starting gear for the arena only (for the collector style of players who want to gather the best gear without risk loosing it)
    in the big endgame raids vanq weapons and cheeper armors for open pvp could drop and very rarly a super expencive part which can be used for arena only (would be way to sad and op for open world pvp)

so people can choose open world pvp with player crafted gear or some magic weapons from dungeons with player loot (gear you wont care to loose)
    or playing the arena minigame like capture the flag with the best gear out of raids they cant loose but this equip coudnt be used for open world pvp

i personally hated when someone was nearly unbeatable with his gear and when you once got him down in a minigame he was still op because he didnt lost his gear , but it made people loving the raids and collecting and getting better gear over month , i personally woudnt join these arena minigames personally before i have gathered some good arena parts i can use for this minigames , it was horrible for a new player fighting op guys with super gear

but it was fun when you had the gear and having no pvp till i gathered this would be horrible so i think both sides need to be satisfied open world pvp lover with there house in pvp zones, and these guys who want to gether the best gear excisting over month and play arena mostly because they cant get looted

3. Robby

Robby Avatar

I personally like the idea of adventuring thru a game that feels mainly single player, or friends only play. Mostly doing the PvM style of play where the majority of interactions are between me(and my group of live friends) and the NPC's. I loved that dragon age video where all the most evil options are being chosen. >=-P Thats the kind of character ill play. Ill do anything to get ahead. Only problem with the situation on dragon age is the fact that your walking around with them do-gooders always trying to be the angel on your shoulder. Your not joining my party if your gonna be that way!
    Anyways... Yea I like having a single player or FPO experience for a majority of the time. But I want to have points where my team and I can take risky turns. For example, imagine we need to get to the next town. Only way to do that is to either walk thru the woods which are full of brigands(who could be live players). Also bounty hunters who wouldn't hesitate to collect the heads of my entire team to collect bounty payments----OR! pay a bunch of guards and get on an armoured wagon, drive it out to the town. Perhaps not even the wagon is 100% safe... its just going to be 100% tougher for someone to raid it with the mighty protection we got on the wagon. Choice is ours... Are we willing to pay the big bucks to be safe? Or are we looking to save and live dangerously. (of course if your totally PvE and absolutely will never opt into random moments of danger, the wagon is going to be 100% safety for you, perhaps even walking the trail will be. But based on the decisions I made in the game, and based on my conversation with the gypsy in the wagon, im having a different experience.).
    I love open world full loot PvP.... But I like danger to be limited most of the times. With different points of the game where I can take a dangerous path where other players could come into conflict with me and my team, or a single player/fpo only path where we can be certain no others will join our experience.
    In other words... In order to make a certain PvP path to be exciting, you should be able to get the feeling that you do not know what is going to happen. Even as a huge promoter of full loot PvP, I realize the flaw in this when it comes to... the dungeon destard for example in the UO shard emulations I play on. You have to be ready for battle when you go into the dungeon of destard. Gank squads are always there.. Yes this is the game I like to play. But it does become a bit dull and redundant sometimes. Constantly using the Kal Ort Por and vanishing as soon as you see a red font. This needs to have some work done.

4. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

"Yea I like having a single player or FPO experience for a majority of the time."

i think it should not be more then 5 percent of the dungeons to reach all your abilitys (the story) but still some days to get it done, and mainly sidequests with pvp in open world pvp zones which reward you with resorces for crafting and sometimes magic weapons, instead of metheor places but there should be options to get crafting resorces without farming and mining the whole day

5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm trying to translate what you wrote there...did I read it right that you think only 5% ofthe dungeons should have anything to do with the story?

6. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

i mean with that 5 percent of the quests should take place in the singleplayer instance with "storywise decissions to take" , scriped stuff and a lot of videos and curscenes. some bossfights except raids with players should really feel like in a singleplayer and open world mobs in areas where you meet players would be more stupid and more mmo like

95% of quests should take place in open world

i would prefer open instanced dungeons and if you have a special quest key to the last door in the dungeon, you could enter the boss instance alone (questline) perfectly balanced for 1 player to make it a nice challange with scripted events

and the 90 percent sidequests should have there own nice story (including open instance pve /pvp raids depending on how you are flagged) that give you resorces instead you need to farm them at the metheor place.

90 percent of quests would take place in pvp zones for people who want it
    and pve guys can do them save in there own instances

i personally like crafting but hate farming/mining so i killed miners back in uo.
    there should be wooscutter and ore camps you can take over with a flag, so materials will spawn there in the chests for the defenders.

we wanna duel , when we wait for pvp and gamble and not stupidly mine a rock all the time , and have some fun and still get some materials at the end of the day with quests or these camps , for sure you should be able to mine aswell but we need "fun" alternatives

so we get pvp, player loot and pve quests at the same time to get resorces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.