Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion: revamp Escape skill to nullify combat mov't penalties

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by redfish, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

It would make Escape more useful if it nullified the new penalties on movement bonuses. So, a player in combat would use Escape, and all his movement bonuses would double, to how they would be out of combat.

Nikko likes this.
  2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

And people would still be able to use Dash + Fleet Flute to get 13-15ms per second / not balanceable in PVE / PVP griefing / aggrevating net lag problem ?

I think the idea is interesting, but it's currently not a proper solution for the balance problem. It would be a solution for the problem inducted with the bad solution to the balance problem.

If someone want escape to be useful, I doubt that it's a good idea to make it as a solution to a nerf to an already useless skill... like Sprint, for exemple ?

Chatele likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Hornpipe

Oh well, I don't know all the background behind the change, since I was out of game game for most of last release...

I was just thinking about how the Dash skill is primarily meant as a combat skill to escape opponents; in contrast to Sprint, which is for long-distance running, Dash is basically just a short burst of speed to get away from opponents. So its pretty bad that just because the devs have added in a bunch of additional speed buffs that can stack, and this is abused, that the ability to use Dash as a means of escape is cut down.

This just made me think of the Escape skill, which is the only Light Armor skill that I haven't trained up, because I find it rather useless...

So its all just an idea off the top of my head, though I don't know what the proper thing to do is dealing with all the game balance issues.

Hornpipe likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Actually, come to think of it... a useful feature for Escape would be to be able to 'escape' combat mode altogether... to suppress combat mode for x amount of seconds.

I don't know how feasible this would be, though, without messing up a lot of other aspects of combat balance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.