Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestions: not so much feedback take 4 [current-pre-alpha-wishes]

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by graylake21, Feb 19, 2015.

?

I feel similiarly

Poll closed Mar 5, 2015.
  1. I only feel similiarly about a few points, I'll comment below with more insight!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. nope!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what i've been trying to say!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I'm loving the pre-alpha, in spite of some of these issues.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. One day, my son! You will be king!

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

tl:dr warning, already noted, and confirmed. and ignored :)!

Crafting large sums of ingots at once
    1. Crafting large sums of anything at once
    2. higher tiered weapons, level 60 with the same stuff, I had at 20;
    3. zones with appropriate leveled monsters instead of farming wolves 40 levels
    4. maybe some mini-bosses, less focus on quality, more on quantity
    5. maybe seeing an exceptionally large orc/elf/mob from time to time, less focus on loot in that aspect just xp
    6. higher durability on armor, since it breaks within every 2-3 levels, and weapons at least everyone 1 level
    7. combos being used without having to waste a GCD to use them, themselves (instant cast after combo button use)
    8. adjustable locations for your deck, damn neck hurts looking down. (prolonged gameplay, 12hours+)
    9. added visibility issues for night time!
    10. more weapons, while nice to have limited variety, having limited variety and no tiers... (eh...) (hits me in the nerd buttons!)
    11. lack of other perks then +str buffs, and armor buffs in other trees, that may enhance performance to a swordsmen/and or any fighter (don't really care!) (anything!)
    12. some novel objective, other then hides for quests, ectoplasmic returns, some type of higher then myself goal established, even if its cheeky similiar to "meet other travelers at the bar" i get there, and it's empty! Well?!
    13. perhaps an engrossing chat system, that you have to enable, so as not to ruin the other chats, perhaps just to make idle banter turn into a farming adventure
    14. perhaps an email system, if not for personal use, for me to report to devs, instead of having to use the forums (i genuinely hate log ins, the formatting) and other players may genuinely hate (being on public display)
    15. Perhaps even a journal free form, merely to have space to write notes of your own, and or something devs can snoop every now and then, quest tools etc. It's 2015, and this game will probably require a pen and paper, inevitably!
    16. crit stats visibility, and other hidden stats!
    17. decrease in repair kit price, and or, an increase to their benefit on use, since to save time, it's often easier to just carry repair kits in bulk versus trekking (at least 10 minutes to the blacksmith, to find 'new' weapons, and buy a 'new' set of plate)
    18. increase in lich spawn, minus their summoning ability, definitely needs to be looked at, since its not their strength that really gets players, it's that, looking down, and chasing after an archer lich, wondering if and when its going to stop moving while you are getting attacked by seven mobs.
    19. increased visability on lootable items, particularly ores/trees/etc. I don't care if i have to put on harvesters goggles to see them, in the night time! I'd look dope as hell!
    20. any intelligent design around GCDS that doesn't involve a damage decrease (ie: greater haste weapons)
    21. poisons on weapons, or enchantments, I genuinely would like to run fire swords, but the 2nd cast time plus the gcd, keeps me away from it, plus the fizzle in plate (obv intended) (but, was perky, and looked good, until i realized -chance to cast from off hand, or -chance to cast with plate
    22. potions that give stats, str, int, etc.
    23. potions that give nightsight... (so worth the 200g, currently for any potion) (the night vision in this is sooo limiting! (a perk, and a con really)
    24. a re-focus on some of the broken trees, that you don't know are broken until you obv don't get health regen, night regen, or night str, or day str. Which is kind of problematic because you won't notice you wasted points until you're too far along.
    25. Night vision from lunar abilities
    26. A damage calculation derivation on shield versus offhand weapon spam, since, really, offhand is just rocking the charts currently. Shields have shield slam, and even with combos, pales in comparison!
    27. perhaps a change to the party system to actually make it worth your time to party with others, 50% xp cut for company is a hard bargain, and always will be in any game with a leveling system! If I have friends to even play with, having the rewards slashed in half, won't equate the current timer speed!
    28. Lumberjacking ---==== but just because if I don't concussion hit something soon, I might cry!
    29. Perhaps something with precasting, like say, I don't know, an explosion of ice. (wink wink)
    other notable mentions will include in no particular order, the same was as the previous list, since most things i feel were covered in the first 30 points!
    1. npcs showing you where things are when you ask, so you don't run around the same tiles 99 times!
    2. A radar that temporarily appears to let you know where the hell something is for 2seconds and dispersal when you ask, would do the job cut and dry enough!
    3. kicking an enemy when they are downed, on a knock down, or some form of cheap shot, even if i have to pay for it in virtue!
    4. some attempt to give me something to do other then what i am doing in combat, since with the GCD, there is nothing else. I am standing there waiting to do something else. *hence the immediate prevelence of offhand which allows for no GCD*
    5. adhoc battle system, if i am behind rocks, maybe throwing a rock, or perhaps launching myself off of a higher battle ground (too much work, but hey, just an idea)
    6. some better method of point distribution instead of, hey at level multiple by 5, or 0; you get a crap load of points! Perhaps even based on prime numbers 1-70; doesn't add much more "dumps" to the equation, but, might make it easier to play through (suggestive as hell!)
    7. Relisted again, but I feel this one was important, truly --- A WAY TO ONE SIDED CONTACT DEVS IN GAME, BECAUSE HALF THE PEOPLE AREN'T GOING TO LOG ON FOR "MINOR BITCHES" getting feed back is great, in any form, in any place, on any forum.
    8. Point 8 is me not having ask to a dev forums, or anything that might have a higher audience then these side-venue forums, thusly making me a second class citizen. That ones blatant, and almost rather blatantly offensive, I can't even read other threads within that subsection, and perhaps others, and that's... That's somewhat rude, how else will I afford trade secrets?!
    9. no castle lots. If you're going to keep me busy next week, how the hell do you intend to do that with no castle lots for me to work towards? Even so, I'm not even necessarily sure if they even were in "limited supply" or just afforded and alloted to Lords of the Manor; Thusly trashing my dreams of being a "working up the ladder kind of man!"
    10. No Bounty Boards! This one is huge, since, at the very least we could leave requests for certain things, items, clothing, etc, and then go through whispers if we want to trade the limited things we have, for example some people might want to sell their swords, or sell their time for gold, (mining, gathering, etc)
    11. no way to hide your location once in a party, or having a player not know where you are (obvious point in this is keeping your locations a secret to you!)
    12. no weighted system against the GCD for damage/second, particularly with skills like fire fist, earth fist, etc. They're intended to be spammable with no cost, they just don't know it yet (wishful thinking! though the damage output would be CLOSE on its own to offhand spam currently)
    13. Free regs, and the reasoning for this one is, why would i play something that costs money that isn't half as good as something that already works. Particularly while in an Alpha, spending 900g to figure out liches are bad, or phoenix's are terrible, etc etc, is a bad way to play!
    14. No loaded in images, to indicate unusable abilities, but instead should be Construction signs (alluding to the main introduction, or stop signs, so you know they don't work appropriately!)
    15. no indication of glyphs that can't or can be used, particularly with some of these abilities as well, oh i am going to use rapid fire, but i can't since the glyph didn't show up in the list;{ or i am lacking an arrow to do so.}
    16. These particularly indicators here, have prevented some loss in gold, and effort. Which in some ways, have hurt my experience in game! Particularly before realizing gold was somewhat-easily-acquired!
    17. Since the drop rate is low on gold, the quest for the gold sword; would make a good addendum, in the sense of armor, and even in silver. Minor graphical updates, and a hint to the glory of the crafting system, in minor ways, will have huge impact
    18. perhaps some smashing attack, with both weapons to help make up the difference in bludgeons, etc, with offhand spam, my offhand doesn't even take damage, nor do i swing with it, as of current. though that is merely my opinion as of now, offhands take 0 durability loss, so that might be an assumption!
    19. increase in skinning and butchery time, since looting itself, takes as much time as finding another monster, watching the same old animation, when a quick sound and loot would do. this one, is again, suggestive, and i can see why the 'stilling' exists in trying to slow players down, but at the same time, in other games this same mechanic played out has probably netted me a life-time loss of 33 hours of game play in other games, at "MODEST" estimates -=(nodes,trees,cotton are fine, and obvious, field dressing taking more time, would be a direct hindrance since some monsters only produce as a result of field dressing!)
    20. perhaps a system of sharpening, or sharpening stones before, in, or after combat, to give a minor buff, of any kind. just to have something extra to keep track of. but this is more like, to keep you on your toes, similarly to how a food buff, might! The importance of this being, having some way to track time, since, this game is really addicting, and having to rebuff, will at least break immersion, or give you a somewhat investment of how long you've been playing.
    I think that covers quite a bit, if anyone would like to add or comment, feel free. And if you'd prefer to message me, that is also acceptable. or message me in game, zero TSG ;

more to come, and always in the re-write.

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its already planned to make refining materials in bulk a possibility.

The best equipment in the game will be made by players and will scale in effectivness based on the users ABILITY, not the item itself. We dont want to create an Equipment, based game

Regs should never be free, and mages are the msot powerful thing int he game currently. The problem lies in Platemail being too difficult for physical attacks ot penetrate, and there beign no way yet to mitigate magic.
    Mages are very good at PvE if you learn to do it. below level 20 your gonna have alot of focus issues, but can overcome it by stickign to tier 1 and 2 spells while raising your focus.

Mages can also wear decent armor. Fizzle doesnt matter as much in PvE as in PvP.

Soem of the stuff you mention is either already in the game, or already planned to be.

Check out the Portalarium channel on youtube and watch R13 and R14 post-mortem. They give alot of nice info

3. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

again appreciated on the replies, I counter with, have warriors, don't have an equipment based game. *giggles*

as far as regs, for testing purposes etc --- it's not out of line to suspend their cost until things are figured out, but at the same time for someone like me, it's not a hindrance, i don't really care, i'll go farm the mats.

it's more so the worth of it, and the worth of it in my eyes is lacking to commit to magery for the simple fact that it while maybe comparable to running builds, doesn't reflect that cost barrier.

entire games were built on swords, and the hunts for weaponry, hell, even doing it for the models at this point would be worth the venture, but ignoring it entirely as an option is somewhat silly.

You can easily bluff 1600 hours of content with just a gold sword, since that's about how long it would take to make a gold hilt, or a gold blade; silver, maybe 3-4 hours.

I appreciate the feedback, on both accounts. have a good day, sir!

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Please don't take this wrong but anything presented with 50 bullet points will get very little feedback, and will jut get glazed over :-(

This come from a LONG time briefing High Level Officers in the Armed forces :-(

5. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

All the issues you have with crafting and gathering: None of those skills are implemented at the moment so we have really no idea how things will be in the release version. We need to wait and see.

6. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

I wouldn't be so candid with that information. as far as finding a 50pt list offensive and probably ignored. I was just kinda throwing my input out there in the first place, the people who want it can do with it what they want, if not, that's cool too :0!

7. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

hate to add a +1 quite like this but:

Right now i have all my quick buttons on 1-0 and on the num pad in the same way, to help with left,right, and multiple hours, to be honest, i wish i could have three bindings, to help settle my gripes with being told a 1-0 is mandatory, having another alteration ie: 3 settings, so i can also include shift 1-5 for 6-0 would be nice, hate to complain but, i am coming up on about 90 hours played, and for anyone trying to grind up 60-70; having multiple set ups on the fly that won't mess up other set ups, is kind of clutch.

current handset techniques that i use for anyone who was looking for my method involve, right mouse hand with a naga with the numpad 1-0 for thumb presses, and the numpad on my left; when feeling like changing it up, slide to the left, and put the keyboard on my lap lazily, previously coined in other circles as "shethboarding" (though, typically he wouldn't do it lazily)

other alterations would include mostly just the use of left shift, and 6-0 common in world of warcraft players purely because the length of the hot bar in most circles is seen as too long or not required, particularly with macros.

any ideas on other extended ideas, perhaps 1-5 and f1-4; tilde keys. I am technically ambi, just really didn't want to swap to my left hand just yet!

super lazy is typically, numpad right hand, and wasd in left

other suggestions include being able to set up your cards in stacks of 3x3x3x3 or 4x4x4 or multiple layers of 5x5x5; or even 2x2x2x2, just to change up the surface area requirement if you were using a mouse

putting this into language so other people can understand, uhm, less left right monitor space, into more up/down verticle space, to decrease the x,y distance your mouse needs to activate an ability, in rows colums, etc.

it wouldn't decrease the total, just change it to an x,y axis. as it stands i have my mouses left right x,y cranked out, just because of the game playing in total width more so then up/down

perhaps one better would be columns that fall into place like tetris, hate to get even gamier with the system, but, since you basically whack-a-mole replace them anyway, if they fell into a grid of 3x3x3, and lets say you used skills your ability to continue to use 1-3; without having to revert higher, would at least keep your left hand somewhat locked into 1-6 for an extended period of time versus, moving them around constantly, total mileage on my hands in these 90 hours is probably comparable to about 1 day of path of exile as it stands, for whatever those basically "off the top of the head" metrics are worth keyboard hand mileage, and mouse mileage

+1 chat time stamp for damage over time tracking on mobs, etc

8. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

as an avid user, and a heavy user, i guess, what i am really speaking to is as it stands right now i can assume the most casual players are having the hardest time with the interface with a bigger deck on account of having to scroll further, and ignoring their surroundings more, for me personally, it's not so much of an issue.

short of when it comes to pvp and you have to deal with target range more, and at the same time executing your skills while in distance of that range, etc, etc. figured it was note worthy :D

not entirely sure if this game is still sticking to its model of wanting to play on a mobile, but having your bar split 50/50 on the left and right, and using your phone like a controller, would be a hell of a lot better then trying to use it as it is (imho!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.