Summon tree

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Bayard Knock, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Bayard Knock

Bayard Knock Avatar

Why not have a tree dedicated to the nonundead summons?

Make it to where it focuses on having more than one elemental pet (daemons, phoenix, and wisp included), and while it would make the elementals stronger, it would not be the same level as the taming tree does.

Instead, make it so the playstyle with elemental pets is adapting to each situation, utilizing the strengths of each magic school's elemental and being able to swap them out when necessary. Utilize their unique abilities in tandem with each other and what not.

That way players are able to "generalize" with the specialization, but also have the opportunity to further power up a favorite if they have one.

Here's my idea for what it could look like:

Please note that I'm using "elemental" as a generic term for all summoned pets.

Summon Familiar: Summons a small familiar to aid you in combat. This familiar will cast buffs on you, debuffs on enemies, and sometimes will attack. The summon specialization will grant a slow regeneration effect to nearby friendly elementals while your familiar is summoned.

Unlocks: Train Summoned Pet Resistance, Conjure Minor Swarm, and Pact Magic at level 20.

Trained Summoned Pet Resistance: Basically same as the Focus tree variant, except that skill would be moved over to this one.

Unlocks: Train Summoned Pet Damage, Train Summoned Pet Health at level 40

Pact Magic: Reduces the casting time of summoning elementals by ( x ) and slowly increases the amount of summoned pets you can have at a time.

Unlocks: Cursed Mark and Elemental Totem at 40.

Conjure Minor Swarm: Summons 2 random, weak elementals for ( x ) seconds that attack every hostile creature for the duration. Leveling this skill increases the amount of elementals summoned (maximum of 5). This skill has a high FP cost, a 20 second cooldown between casts, you cannot command the elementals when they are summoned. None of the elementals have their special attacks, and their health doesn't scale, but their attacks have a small chance to interrupt their target's casting. The Summon Specialization increases the damage these elementals do.

Unlocks: Summon Lesser Elementals at 40.

Summon Lesser Elementals: Unlocks all current summon pet glyphs currently in the magic tree, though you may need to complete some school quests before you can use them. Basically it condenses all the current summoned pet skills into one and moving them into a single tree for the sake of ease of unlocking. Naturally, leveling this skill would increase your attunement to each of the magic schools or the summon skills would be replaced by something else.
    Leveling this skill is easy, and requires only summoning any of the nonundead elementals (demons, phoenixes, wisps too) and has the same effect that leveling an appropriate summon skill would have. The summoning specialization would grant a small stat and health bonus to all elementals of this skill, but would also unlock the ability for your attunement in each school of magic to affect that school's appropriate pet's effectiveness.

Unlocks: Disruption at level 40 and Summon Specialization at 80.

Train Summon Pet Damage: Same as in the focus tree but moved here.

Unlocks: Summon Specialization at 80, Train Summon Pet Speed at 40.

Train Summon Pet Health: Same as in focus tree but moved here.

Unlocks: Train Summon Pet Taunt at 40.

Cursed Mark: Debuffs a target for ( x ) seconds. Friendly Elementals deal increased damage to that target. The Summon specialization also reduces the damage that target deals to your elementals.

Elemental Totem: Temporarily summons a totem for ( x ) seconds. While this totem is summoned, nearby friendly elementals take ( x ) reduced damage. The Summon Specialization further increases the radius. The totem does not count against your summon total, but can be destroyed by moving too far away or being hit by attacks.

Disruption: Chance to stun elementals and daemons. No effect on other types of creatures. In PvP has a low chance of banishing the enemy player's elemental instead. Summon Specialization increases the chances for the stun.

Summon Specialization: Increases the effectiveness of your summons a little, unlocks the ability for the attunement from magic schools to further buff their specific elementals. Note: The former benefit does not stack with the specialization from magic schools, as that gives a much larger bonus to their school's elemental.

Train Summon Pet Speed: Increases movement speed of your elementals.

Train Summon Pet Taunt: Increases summoned elementals aggro generation.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Roxefeller, Numa and Jaath Windsong like this.
  2. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

The problem I see with this is the focus on the elementals alone. I am an advocate of expanding on the summoning/taming/pet systems as a whole. Not just one type of summon/pet. Let alone adding a new skill tree to do it. If you're proposing a new skill tree be added, it would have to be introducing something to Summoning/Pets that isn't already there. Like the animation of crafted weapons as summons/pets.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s/suggestion-tamable-animated-sword-s.161538/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/suggestion-new-taming-innate-skill.161570/

Bayard Knock likes this.
  3. Bayard Knock

Bayard Knock Avatar

Ah, my mistake. I was using Elementals as a sort of "catch all" term, meaning if they were to add some new lower tiered summon in the game, such as animate weapons, imps, and the like, it would more than likely be included in there.

Roxefeller and Numa like this.
  4. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Ahhh, okay then yeah. That's definitely something I can get behind. I really do want to see the summoning/taming/pet systems go a lot further.
    If you couldn't tell, I'm a strong advocate for "animate weapons" and to incorporate weapons from your inventory so that crafted weapons could be targets of the animation; making for more powerful summons that not only are strengthened via skill trees, but also take on the attributes of their targeted weapon.
    Properly crafted items are already such an integral part of endgame gearing. Finding more ways to incorporate crafter's wares into gearing decisions is good for the economy and the player choice factor.
    There's so much potential in SotA, and so many great ideas here on the wishlist forum.
    I just hate to see agendas being pushed by groups of early deep-pocketed backers that inevitably nudges ideas like these off the wayside.

Bayard Knock and Numa like this.
  5. Bayard Knock

Bayard Knock Avatar

- Removed Focus Tether and added its effects to Pact Magic.
    - Added Elemental Totem in place of Focus Tether
    - Added Conjure Minor Swarm

The best we can do is drum up enough support for these ideas and hope the devs see them.

6. Bayard Knock

Bayard Knock Avatar

Tbh, I'd be happy if they fixed the Train Summon passives to be worth the xp required, and made it to where the Focus Specialization buffed all summons by giving the passives a boost.

Violet Ronso and Numa like this.