Supple Leather Armor

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Barugon, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I created a set of augmented supple leather armor and noticed that the critical chance bonus is minuscule (+1.6% for the chest piece). How is this used in the critical chance calculation these days? Is it directly added to the base critical chance or is it multiplied?

Roycestein Kaelstrom and FrostII like this.
  2. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

At these numbers, i'd say the chance is very good that it is a direct added %. IE you have base 5% crit, that chest puts it at 6.6%

3. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I believe that was changed when people were creating 100% crit chance suites. It is now a multiplier. But I could be wrong.

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

It is multiplied off the base ( unless they changed the tooltips) So your pine bow which would add 10-15% crit chance, really was 10% X your base , meaning at mid tier levels, a full set of supple armor and a pine bow ( crit build ) was getting you a whopping +2-5% total. or something like that.
    So most people realized how useless this was untill your base dex as an archer was over 100+ (for your base crit chance to hit a point it was worth it) and went maple + hard leather for Base dmg.
    I was running pure crit archer, (not sure where people got 100%'s from but ) i was hovering around 35% by taking a dmg hit. This change when i worked it out ment i either did +5% crit chance total, or i do +14% base dmg.
    Quite obviouslyy the base dmg, which was also amplifying your actual crit dmg, was the choice.

Havnt seen if they botherd to alter the tooltips yet, ill have to look, but yea the crit % chance's were veyr deciving, and actually multipliers of your base, not added on to it.
    I remember doing the math , and few others when he first changed it.. and it was 100+ dex needed before crit matched the base dmg boost when it came to overall dmg output.
    I had pointed out how useless this made supple, and remember basically being ignored.

Maybe its changed in last patch or 2.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I understand that they changed it to a multiplier but, at that point, the values in armor were a lot higher. The values now are miniscule, so much so that it would make sense if they were additive.

Maybe @Chris could comment?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I believe the minuscule values in the enchantment is from the change to enchanting that increasing the power of the enchantment based on the level of enchanting or master working. Don't think it was a change to the calf at all causing that.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's from materials, not enchanting.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I just verified that it's being added to the weapon critical bonus, which means that the entire summed value is probably multiplied, which means that it basically sucks. So, if the bonus is only applied to the base weapon critical chance, 0.187 x 5 = 0.935. Less than a 1% bonus. if it's being applied to the base weapon critical chance + Armor Weak Points, 0.187 x 9.5 = 1.7765. Still pretty lame for the amount of materials and effort involved.

[​IMG]

9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

The crit chance is being applied as crit bonus damage instead?

That seems like a bug if true.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Check the screenshot. I'm holding a pine longbow with supple leather bowstring. Without the armor, the number circled in red is 0.15.

11. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

0.187 = 18.7%

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, the bow is 15% and the armor is 3.7% total for four pieces (chest, gloves, legs, boots).

13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Barugon likes this.
  14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

(BaseWeaponCritChance + VitalPointsBonus+ArmorWeakPointsBonus+DexterityCritBonus) * (100%+EquipmentCriticalBonus) * FromBehindBonus

Barugon likes this.
  15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

so lets say 75 dex

75/1000 = 0.075 ( 7.5% ) + 5% from armor weak points give or take.. ( vital doesnt work on ranged ).. and base 5% from long bow =
    17.5% Base crit chance X Your equip bonuse of 18%

So 0.175 X 1.18 = total of .2065 ..

20.5% Crit chance.

So your armor + bow ( that 17% ) Is only in actuality adding 2.5% crit chance.

These numbers change if you up your base ( for example if you base was 100) Your new crit bonuse would be 23%.. and your equip would be adding about 3.6% ( at 100 dex)

So when you look at it like that, you can obviously see why peopel are running maple / hard leather, that just adds blunt dmg % which actually multiplies your total. ( 10% dmg is actually 10% more dmg output )

So i hold to my point, unless soethings been changed supple armor, pine bows = absolutly useless.

16. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

How do these numbers factor out by the time you work in Dodge, Block, Glancing? Given that Critical Hit invalidates those, according to Chris's post? Raw damage increase might be good, but against a foe with high mitigation chances maybe the crit can catch up?

Not sure, just wondering.

17. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

In PVE = those numbers dont matter in the first place.

In PVP, i think you might be able to justify them slightly, but even at 125 BASE dex, your looking at something like a 4% crit chance improvement in actuality. Even if that 4% means 4/100 of your shots do 100% dmg, as opposed to a maple/hardleather setup of 15-18% dmg boost.. on every shot.
    If your base crit chance is already 20%, id rather have 15% dmg on my base crit of 20 + my other 80% non critting hits,
    as opposed to 4% extra chance of doing dmg.

( im not going to run the numbers, but IMO even if your facing someon in PVE giving you a 50% miss rate, the other 50% your hitting for 15% more dmg, is better then that 4/100 increase of bypassing that 50% miss rate.

So maybe someone wants to go more detailed, but IMO they made supple useless ( unless they changed the values since ive looked )
    this is not mentioning that ure 15-18% dmg boost effects ure current base crit dmg as well =P

Corp Por likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.