Talking singing in emotes needs to be optional: unusable now

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Right now it makes sing and pontificate unusable in a bunch of situations when you can't be making simlish over music or voice acting/your own speech.

Imagine, you're giving a real voice speech and want to use /pontificate, and your guy is there going blah blah blah blah.

Or you're trying to put on a play, this is a super useful emote for that. Blah blah blah blah while people are listening over the radio.

Spoon and Lace like this.
  2. Lace

Lace Avatar

A very long time ago (don't lawyer me bro) they said we would be able to kinda do a stringing together of emotes .. kinda like a playlist ... almost a macro kind of thing, that in conjunction with typing 'speech' could work if you knew your timing. For me being able to string together a choreographed listing of emotes would help the New Brittania theater troupe, allow for some events I would like to host like Battle of the Bands with the Solid Gold Dancers (cheesey grin) and also things like Church of the Darkstarr and I am sure others.

Many have also requested that emotes be able to be on the non combat hot bar.

Me I would like to have a rotator on the non combat hot bar or at least the ability to build decks of the non combat hot bar. AKA one to house emotes even if we cannot string them along as once talked about but be able to not have to constantly change what are in that slots ..

This also helps in combat .. you could have a pvp noncombat with those potions, you could have a pve for dungeons, a pve for mining, a situational boss mob non combat.

With poisons coming to archers I am sure they would like this too.

My 2 cents

Jaesun, Spoon and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

This has been in game for a while:

Spoon likes this.
  4. Lace

Lace Avatar

But can i do /emote /bow and /darkstarr salute or how do i do 2 diferent emotes together? what is the correct syntax?

I know i can make my own up like in most games:

/em does a freaky dance

But how can I do a handstand followed by taichi in one typing line

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I want more features too, but at the moment I would really like to be able to use two of my favorite emotes again.

Use sing and a dance party (perfect place for it right?) feel like a jerk for ruining the music.

Well, at least I still had pontificate, it works well for lip syncing too.

Nope! Feel like a jerk for ruining everyone's music! So there are no more usable talking/singing emotes.

Really sad to be honest.

Spoon likes this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

I've not played with it myself but from the description this should work. I'm away from my PC so can't give it a go myself.
    Code:
    /em %bow% %darkstarr%

Jaesun likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Aaaaah it's in Old Prospector too!

We're all going to be grunting and groaning for the dance parties soon. @DarkStarr I'm not sure you want your set to be full of by a bunch of simlish, I certainly don't.

Simlish off by default preferably. I can see turning it on in certain, very specific situations.... like.... hmmm.... afk singing from a balcony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.