Tamers of New Britannia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaath Windsong, Feb 18, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaath Windsong

Jaath Windsong Avatar

I present to you...I am not really sure. Let me explain...no, there is too much. Let me sum up.

I have started an informal guild of Tamers. Not a guild as defined by the game, but a loose association. More of a union, really. But without any formal affiliation. I have no idea if I am getting my point across at all. Starting over...

The game has no support for any kind of groups other than party or guild, and this isn't a party or guild. Actually, all it is at the moment is a building in White Hart on Abundis, rather like a tavern, except the only thing that I am worse at than explaining the building is decorating it...

My point is, stop in. If you are a Tamer, come introduce yourself, hang out, and share a story or trick you've picked up. If you are interested in Taming, pop in and learn some of the stuff that isn't on the tin. If you are any good at deco, for the love of the Virtues please come help me deco this place. :D

The Tamer's Guild Hall is located atop Cherry Hill in White Hart on Abundis, conveniently near South Boundless Forest (and the Tamer's buff). I will be here for the next few weeks as much as I can, or at least in and out trying to set the place up, so if you can't find it you can port to me (in-game name same as forum name).

Again, I don't know what this is, or what it might become. Let's figure it out together...

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

@Jaath Windsong, I love your idea, and would probably like to imitate it for another vocation sooner or later, but that is for another day! For now, I would like to offer you any potential aid in terms of deco that you could need from what I have. 3 accounts I have access to have been on the rewards program since the beginning, and pledged their monthly 5$ when that was the directive, so any pledge/reward item you might be interested in, I will gladly share for your tavern! I have a bunch of other things too, but I can't really see what you could want or need myself.

I am terrible at decorating though, so the best I can do is simply lend what I have! Feel free to ask.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Jaath Windsong

Jaath Windsong Avatar

@Violet Ronso If you have a few minutes come down to the Hall and have a look around. TBH I probably need input more than items; stuff I can get, inspiration (and talent) elude me. ;)

Violet Ronso likes this.
  4. Jaath Windsong

Jaath Windsong Avatar

OK, so it occurs to me that all Tamers have a second profession, so one of the things I might need is a list of experts in every other profession. If you are an expert in some crafting or adventuring profession and wouldn't mind random pings from n00b Tamers, either reply here or message me in-game to be added to 'The List'.

5. Jaath Windsong

Jaath Windsong Avatar

Additionally, it is only possible for me to be in-game for a few hours each night in the evening (CST). If you are a Tamer interested in taking a shift hanging out at the hall contact me here or in-game.

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Welcome to Jaath and all other avatars of interest.

White Hart on Abundis is at the headwaters of the Abundis River between Yew and Harvest.

The zone in will put you at Town Boundary one - the teleport sign will list Central - that is where Cherry Hill is, and if you follow it up and past the Viking crafting pavilion, that is where Jaath's placement is.

Town cryers are also available at Town Boundary 1 and Central if compass directions are needed.

Numa, Anpu, Violet Ronso and 2 others like this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

+1 for quoting the greatest movie of all time ;)

8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

9. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I wouldn't be able to figure out what my first profession was. But after seeing someone fight with a destroyer I knew one would really help my style of play. First order of biz was to get summoning up to 89 then rez pet up high enough to not worry about losing one. Having that big pig helped me finish the final parts of the Shroud quest when I got the pet heal up there also. But in terms of tame creature I have only gotten as far as collecting nice looking pets for companions at dance parties.

Seriously though while I am not terribly interested in stats like DPS I know that hanging out with other players talking about any aspect of the game is the best way to learn things. And this sounds like a great idea.

vj

10. Jaath Windsong

Jaath Windsong Avatar

Stop in some time! :)

vulcanjedi and Violet Ronso like this.
  11. Illiaro

Illiaro Avatar

Sounds good. We should also be able to help some of the up and coming tamers. I'll drop by.

Numa and Violet Ronso like this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

Same sentiments here. My hours are odd though so I'll just catch you guys when i can :)

13. Numa

Numa Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/qa-build-956.162046/

Chris just posted some intriguing info on the current state of the new bard class. We're going to see a lot of bard/tamer builds soon so it's worth tracking.

Could be a powerful addition to a party of tamers. But since the bard will be spending most of his time playing (without an instrument, skills degrade by 75%) - having too many bards in one team may degrade overall dps in my view.

ps. Strongly suggest that one major guild activity would be to adventure as a team to figure out how different pets can work together. And which combinations are the best against specific mob types.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  14. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Are you taking on Tamer apprentices? (GM learning bonus)

Numa likes this.
  15. Jaath Windsong

Jaath Windsong Avatar

That certainly is the plan, though I am still manning the shop by myself. Very soon I will either get some help or I will start closing the hall some nights and taking out Taming groups for the GM bonus. Stay tuned!

Numa likes this.
  16. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I can be available to take out an apprentice or two or to give out some tips occasionally. I will try to stop by the hall sometime I am in game but I'm not sure about taking a shift to sit around and wait in case someone shows up. Maybe we can have a posted list of characters to try to contact for help or some type of drop box for people who want assistance to leave their names and most convenient game hours to be contacted by whoever is available then. Or maybe just a class schedule type thing if there were enough people interested in help (newbies 3pm fridays, mid level 2pm mondays type of thing).

Numa likes this.
  17. Numa

Numa Avatar

Maybe a list of tamers who need boosting or training? I'll be frank and will include myself in this category. Taming is the last tree I took so it's the least developed of my major trees.

Am in the position to train newbies though so that's one way I can help. This month is too busy for me but late March/early April is doable.

18. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I stopped by yesterday and had a nice chat. Also, White Hart on Abundis is a lovely POT.

Numa likes this.
  19. Jaath Windsong

Jaath Windsong Avatar

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.