Taming skill vs. Tamed Animal

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by GreyMouser Skye, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Can we agree on a way to better state the OP after these discussions? PM me or write it here.
    New title to add in summons?
    Thanks.

2. Curt

Curt Avatar

I think both pets and summons should somehow scale with the players str/dex/int/health/focus

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

If they scale, how do you consider them visually? "That avatar has an obsidian wolf, but I wonder if it is a weak one?" I do not buy that part. An obsidian wolf is an obsidian wolf. A daemon is a daemon. A simple skeleton is not a hardened skeleton (but summoning can be more interestingly tied to summon skill there). Interesting....

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I think you actually have 4 different pets scenarios to consider.
    I think Summoning skill, Attunement, and (maybe) player level should all affect the pet in some way.
    I don't think player stats should affect a pet in any way. How is me being stronger make my pet stronger? (one could make an argument that int should affect summoned pets, but only peeps with Int are going to have summoned pets anyway)

#1 Tamed pets Start out as fairly useless, end up being god like.
    Has an entire Tree devoted to it. Needs something to keep level 1 tamers from running around with Best tames in the game.
    Needs to ultimately be the most powerful pets available in game with enough points spent in the taming tree.

#2 Summoned Magic pets from all lines besides Death and Chaos.
    Has 1 or 2 summon spells (e.g. Summon Water Elemental & Summon Ice Elemental are both in water) per line to actually summon but no buff spells.
    These pets should benefit for spending more points in the elemental summoning skill and from higher magic attunement in their skill line, and adventure level should provide some benefit.
    So that they aren't mostly useless in 5+ skull areas.

#3 Death Magic Summons, (skeleton & lich)
    already has two additional inates to increase their power and hardiness already.
    A maxed out death magic attunment + maxed out both summon passives + maxed out summon skill should make the lich 2nd best in the game (after tamers) and the skeleton 4th best (after chaos)
    (assuming everyone agrees that More skill points spent should = More better pet and that higher tier skill should mean better pet.)

#4 Chaos
    Summoning is basically just spawning a Mob you don't control.
    The control skill is a second skill that may one day basically gives you a chance to temporarily "tame" the new mob.
    Maxed out attunement + maxed out summon skill + maxed out control skill should be the 3rd best pets in the game. (after death with maxed Lich) and above (death magic maxed skeleton)
    Has the 3rd most points spent and is the 2nd most risky to aquire. so should be rewarded with more power compared to normal summons.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    GreyMouser2 likes this.
  5. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

#1 - I'm actually alright with this option. More points/time spent working the skill up, the better said tame will be.
    #2 - Agree, except that you need to change 5+ to 2+. Summons are technically useless period at the moment.
    #3 - Also alright with this one, especially since these are timed/decaying pets and don't permanently stay out until they die or are dismissed.
    #4 - Have no insight on this one as I haven't played around with the Chaos tree at all, so I'll just believe you on this one.

Rofo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.