Tax Free Lot Upgrades? Need some insight.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GMDavros, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Hi everyone!

Work has kept me away from gaming recently and it looks like it will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. :(

Having said that, I'm wondering if I should try to upgrade my 2 POT village lot deeds to tax free. Not sure what the cost or possibility is for doing that? (or even how)

Can anyone give me some insight into if i can still do it, and what it might cost (in terms of COTO or $$)?

Not sure when I'll be on more consistently and i'd hate to miss making those final payments or dumping arbitrarily large sums of money into taxes. I have a good nest egg of gold, but I don't think dumping it on taxes would be the best use of it.

Thanks for any insight anyone might be able to give!

Fenris

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

You can put the deed in your bank or inventory (store your decorated lot in the property manager first so you can restore after) and right click on it to see the amount of crowns of the obsidians to upgrade to the desired deed.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

To upgrade a deed you must have it in your inventory, not placed on a lot, so you'd need to place your houses in magic mover temporarily and unclaim your lot.

To upgrade the deed right click on it in your inventory to see the options- upgrading a POT village deed to tax free POT village deed seems to be 11200 crowns right now. Generally getting tax free deeds is more of a convenience thing than a money saver because it takes a long time to recoup the money.

Remember even if your deeds are tax free you need to log in from time to time to keep your stuff from being sent to the bank. But I'm not sure how long that would be for you, I think it depends on kickstarter status or something.

EDIT: If the POT village deed is one you get free for completing the quest line you must first upgrade it to tradeable before making it tax free

Time Lord, Rentier and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings GMDavros
    As they have said above you can upgrade your Deed if it is in your inventory. This means you shroud go to your lot and double click on your lot marker and choose property manager. Then un-claim your lot and right click on it and choose the upgrade path you want. You may have to upgrade it a couple of times to get the size and non-ta status you want. Also you can only use Crowns to upgrade, gold coins do to work. If Real life is going to keep you away from the game for an extended time you might consider leaving you house and deco in the property manager until you can come back more often. My best guess is that if you are going to away for 120 days your lot, even with a tax free deed will expire and be sent to your bank. Here are the time frames for deed expires. Remember you only need to log in for a couple of minutes to reset the timer.

Lots used by tax free deeds will become unclaimed if the lots are not interacted with after the number of days shown in the list below.
    Citizen: 150 days
    Edelmann: 180 days
    Knight: 210 days
    Knight Marshal: 240 days
    Lord: 270 days
    Lord Marshal: 300 days
    Baron, Baron 2, Baron 3: 330 days
    Duke: 360 days
    Lord of the Manor, Lord of the Manor 2: 390 days
    All others: 120 days

Time Lord, Dysis and Rentier like this.
  6. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Thanks for the info guys. I had sufficient crowns to upgrade my primary lot to tax free. I have enough to do the second, but want to buy some sweet mounts as well so I may settle for now to have halved my tax burden.

Fenris

Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can tame horses and convert them to mounts (after a future patch). They won't be flashy but they'll work just as good.

Time Lord, majoria70 and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.