Teleporters and destinations

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Oct 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I already knew the moongates/ lunar rifts from the singleplayer Ultimas of old.
    In SotA I now got to know the other teleporters, be it the redclothed wagon / ship (to overworld), the sparkling blue teleporter or the whiteclothed wagon to Player-owned-towns.

I have tried out several just to see where I would land and barely came back to the main island alive after being killed by barbarians that wildly outclassed me and running to the "continenwide Galleon" to return to the original island.

Suggestion: When a whiteclothed wagon or ship lists PoT´s as designation (e.g. in Aerie in the docks there is a bluesailed ship that offers transport to:
    Bedlam, Draigiau Diwedd, Meadow´s Edge, Multivisium, Silver Spring Market, Treasure Island

Naturally I try to look up where any of that would be and if I can use it as a shortcut instead of running across the whole continent - but I know none of those towns and the (obsolete) map
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/
    doens´t know either of them, too.

For a new player it´s simply try out and hope that there is a teleport back on the other side if the town happens to be in another island that has several tiers of threats above the character level.

Suggestion: Could the name of the region or island be added behind the townname?
    e.g. Town X (Grunvald) or town Y (Mistrendur)
    so that a even a player who has no idea where the town with that name is, has an rough idea where he will land.
    After all if a character ingame would approach a wagon he could ask where the ride goes exactly, too.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I know it can be difficult starting out. If you want pm me your character name her, or in this thread or even friend me in game, I do accept all friends lists. I am happy to send a welcome gift of zone scrolls. They are our way of having mark in the game. They show you all locations visited plus allow you to leave to a familiar spot when you are lost. I am Majoria in game.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I´m not complaining. For me as someone used to old singleplayergames it´s normal to try to go everywhere and either fail or be amazed what is there and try out the best ways to get around.
    For example a completely random click on "Sea Bear´s whatever" town on the ship in Aeries harbour lead to me finding another teleport there to Ardoris so both cities are only two teleports from each other now. And that despite that Sea Bear town being on another continent. Faster than the moongates and cheaper than scrolls :cool:

However despite loving to explore myself those public teleporters could be named more obvious so that not only those who live in that town know where the teleport will end.

And thankyou for your offer but I had to get used to do without Mark since 2002. :D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    CrandalltheFoole and Time Lord like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You are welcome and you can craft scrolls as well. Don't forget you can get 250 gold for clicking on the town crier in each new town you visit. So that's one way to get a little gold. The thing is for every location you visit these new locations will now show on your zone scroll and by scrolling over those locations and using the control key you can see what is in the scene. It is a personal favorite addition to the game of mine so I am more than happy to share with Players or assist if I can.

oops I think I was wrong. It is 500 gold from the Oracle daily from taking the test. It used to be 250 until they raised it ;)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@ConjurerDragon
    None of the wagons, ships, or Player-owned towns wagons take you to a fighting "scene" - not sure how you managed to get killed by barbarians in a town... Don't happen friend.. Me-thinks thou art confused.. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Simple: Tried a teleport to a city whose name I did not know. Teleported to city assuming that a bandwagon would be a town in the vicinity and moongates the "continental" flights. After looking around in town I left the town to see that I no longer was on Novia but on Mistrendur. And the roving encounter were some named Barbarians who were enormously over my threat level who intercepted me on the way to the city with the continental galleon which I tried to reach to return to Novia...

Time Lord and CrandalltheFoole like this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@ConjurerDragon
    Here, you said it yourself in your response:
    You did NOT get killed IN TOWN - you got killed in an overworld "encounter" !!

Overworld "encounters" occur in ALL continents, be it Hidden Vale, Novia, or Mistrendur - you simply need to avoid them.

When you see anything other than another player - could be a stag or wolf or "humanoid" or whatever - then they all represent an "encounter" - so give them a wide birth to avoid being "sucked-in" to one.

If you do get "caught" in one, you can simply RUN (any direction) and you will soon run OUT of it and be on the overworld once again ! :)

Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just so you know, when you spawn into an area, including the overworld, you have "spawn protection" for a short time. That is, nothing can attack you and you can't get drawn into an encounter. Some towns can have encounters near them so the best practice is to immediately move away while spawn protection is active.

FrostII, Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  9. Toular

Toular Avatar

You are supposed to have, at least. I have left a random encounter, only to immediately get sucked into another. Seems to usually happen with wolf encounters that ignore the spawn protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.