Template Variation Suggestion: Forest with Stone Docks and extra river.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Aartemis, Mar 28, 2016.

?

Would you like a Forest 01 template variation with Stone Docks/Lights and Bridges from Swamp 01?

1. Yes

77.8%
  2. No

22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Based upon Feedback from @DarkStarr I am commissioning thoughts on a template variation:

The thought process being, rather then going with a static option for our town, seeing if there is enough interest in the template to create a dynamic variation based on a current one. So here we go.

Just wondering if anyone else would be interested in a Forest 01 Template variation that used the Stone Docks w/ Lights and extra River w/ Bridges found in the Swamp 01 template and a Formal Entrance along the North Beach? I personally would prefer it w/out cobblestones however I also would not mind it being a Forest01b&c were we could choose either with the new adjusted layout.

The Stone Dock area and extra Bridges/Waterway IMO speak more of a thriving town and port docks then the dilapidated wooden docks currently in the forest 01 template which seem to fit a small hamlet with a few houses near the water. I think the variation would work well. I would certainly choose this new version and stay dynamic then go static just to get those few changes.

Any opinions on this?

Ronluin, Trevour and Mactavish like this.
  2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

While it sounds good to have more options, I would like more variation. Just adding a river and stone docks isn't enough. I would rather the time spent to add those minor variations to each Forest01 template be collectively spent on just making a new template. The multiple entrance point proposal will help keep things a little more fresh, but not enough. We need different overall designs.

Mactavish and Aartemis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.