Thanks for new character slots!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

We already have plenty of avatars wearing shrouds. Does it really matter to have the game name to be singular or plural?

Also, given that anyone can have as many accounts as they want if they can afford it. Why would it such a big deal for a person to have multiple character in one account instead of one character on multiple accounts?

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

A separate account is completely separate, and can be logged in at the same time as any other account. You can list it as a Co-Owner on your properties, but that still isn't full privilege. Even as Co-Owner, the separate account can't pull up the lot deed or change the house.

An extra character shares bank, property ownership, virtue, and (I think) guild membership and friends lists. I'm not sure about in-game gold, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that is shared too. You can not log on two characters from the same account at the same time.

Vyrin and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  3. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Ask LB when you get a chance about the original avatar concept. His was an interesting take on game design that related to the virtues and choices having consequences. Design changes, people change, things move on, but it may be an interesting history lesson if they really are interested in LB's games.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I do not see how that would be relevant to having multiple characters on the same account, though. If you look at the old single player Ultima games, at least the one I played allow players to have multiple saves, which allow them to do different things that affect virtues and choice consequences. You can reload the save if you don't like the result. In Ultima Online, we get multiple character slots up front anyway. Each character can have their own lives completely separately from one another. One player might not even know alternate identity of another player unless that player tell him or if he's stalking well enough around the other player's house to figure out.

And it's not like they decide to allow multiple characters per account yesterday or last month. This design has been announced for years. The Kickstarter didn't say that they're gonna restrict player to have one character per account either.

I'm sorry, I just don't see having the ability to play multiple characters will affect virtues and choice consequences. While the virtue scores are shared among the characters. The choice and consequences that tied to the quests are specific to individual character, no?

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  5. Metalton

Metalton Avatar

Technically, story-wise, you start as a non-corporeal, etherial being.. until you look into a magic mirror and get to decide what you want to look like..

Even talking to Ara the first time she says you don't have to give your "real" name, you give the name you've chosen for yourself..

Nothing in-game says we do not have the ability to go non-corporeal again, and remanifest with a different body.. and considering we aren't using our "real" names anyway, nothing to stop us from picking a new one to go with our new look..

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.