The ability to see nested towns from overworld and map.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Oxblood, Jan 19, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oxblood

Oxblood Avatar

I like the way you can check what is located in towns with overworld access by clicking the information button or holding ctrl. ie. Vendors, devotional shrines, player owned and public vendors etc. Is there a way that it could also show the nested towns withing the town with overworld access? Maybe even have the ability to see what the nested town has to offer in the way of number of player owned vendors and shrines?

zerothis, Budner, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd think showing boroughs (nested towns) on the popup would be a great addition. If you want to see the amenities offered there tho, you can enter the main town and look at the information at the entrance to the nested town.

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Would be nice if there was a destination selection when you enter a POT. When you enter other places you get the option to enter a location at different gates. Why not make it so the default location is the main town, and you have the option to, instead, go to nested towns. That way you don't have to zone two times to get where you are going.

4. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

Yes, show boroughs in some way. I think in the pop-up that shows the town resources.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Kind of defeats the purpose of towns with overworld access and ones without. I suppose if you treat them like other alternative entrances, so you have to go through the main town and zone in at least once, that might be acceptable. Still, some folks paid quite a lot for the privilege of that access.

6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This is true, but in a case where an overland POT owner has added links to nested pots within itself - I mean, that's done by choice, and the main town is still the only one that shows up on the map. I'm not really in favor of players needing to sit through another load screen "just because" - if these worked like the alternative exits, the player would have needed to go through the main town at least once to 'discover' the other destinations. I don't know. I don't own an overland pot myself, but I think if I did, and chose to nest other players towns within it, I don't think I'd object to a bit of a shortcut? If that's where they're heading anyway, they're only going to zone in, be in my town for 2 seconds, then click a wagon....

Sorthious likes this.
  7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

why not do a poll asking if owners of Overworld Towns are okay with it... if all of them are okay with the idea then there's no problem... I think... :)

8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I understand, but it makes no sense to make a player go through a town every time just to get to another town. The overland town owners still get the prestige of having their towns displayed for everyone to see and if someone wants to check out vendors in the overland town they still can. I'm just thinking of it from a players perspective. It's annoying to have to zone in, go find the vehicle that links to the town you acually want to go to, and then wait through another load screen, especially if it is a town you visit frequently. As @kaeshiva said:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.