Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The cause i quit SotA - Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Stundorn, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Hi Devs,

short Feedback why i quit playing your Game and have no hope anymore.

1. To feel to accomplish something, be it crafting or training a skill, beating a Mob or surviving a scene it's allways too grindy and takes too long.
    I know some play for progression only and that it is. The game is only about progression and not about a RPG sandbox gameplay.

2. There is no germanspeaking Roleplayer community around.
    No germanspeaking Gouverneur or PoT Project what cares for immersive RP. I wonder about that and couldnt imagine, tried to do it by myself, but there are not enough players and interest. And in the end , the way the game is setup atm is anti RPvX Gameplay.

3. The game does not feel like a sandbox or something you can distribute to the world unless you are one of these ultra hardcore powergamers, grinding 24/7.
    The game is casual unfriendly as hell.

4. No Caps and no feeling of one day beeing ready with your Char to begin to play in the world, with the world and interact cooperative and competetive with other players.
    It more feels about to race and raise skills and to grind the best xp/hr spots.
    No dependencies within players and an ultra wide gap between players strength make it impossible.

5. Groupplay feels not rewarding, but punishing due to the density and amount of mobs and ressources.

6. PvP feels completely disbalanced and meaningless.

Good Luck with Release.

Have Fun - Stun o7

Sophi, Corv, GrayFog and 15 others like this.
  2. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Farewell Stunny! Best of luck in thy future endeavors.

Leelu and Stundorn like this.
  3. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Game has truly a difficult stand in germany. Almost all guilds got disbanded and in german MMO communities and media the game got no support whatsoever.

I wish you good luck and hopefully the changes in Q2 post release will interest you and other fellows to try the game again. Keep a look out for Q2 Release announcements ;)

Ronni, Leelu, Stundorn and 2 others like this.
  4. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

I second everything he said. The game is just so brutal for people who are casual gamers and I have seen no meaningful point to the game other than improving my character.

Johnwick, Ronni, Olthadir and 8 others like this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

And yet I see many casual players doing well and having fun. Its all perspective.

Nikko, econner, Oxblood and 26 others like this.
  6. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

Personally I disagree with everything he said. I've played so many games in my 60 years, and this is one I know I'll be sticking with for a long time--just like UO.

Oxblood, Sorthious, Verit and 15 others like this.
  7. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

@Stundorn are you checking out LOA saw someone on forums with same name! If not check it out its buggy but fun. If you played UO and miss that atmosphere they also have a private server called legends of ultima which is neat if your not digging the official server ruleset. Anyway hope you find a game to have fun with! it also seems the mods are letting the community grow organically. Forums arent over moderated at all. Its nice to be able to actually say things without having your posts deleted and being threatened with a "timeout"

oh and +100 to everything you stated. I agree, and have tons more to add but it would be a waste of time.

Sher Shadowleaf, Leelu and Stundorn like this.
  8. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I think what the OP is saying is that Taming needs some love. ;) Let's get a couple more active skills in that tree! :)

Merrik, Leelu, Stundorn and 7 others like this.
  9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I hope you find what you're looking for. You'll be missed. Leb wohl!

10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Yep it's me, playing / trying with friends and wanting LoA Gamemechanics with SotA Grafic.
    Grafic is 2nd, gamemechanics, ruleset of LoA feels great and more rewarding and all more like a RPG sandbox.
    I also had fun playing/testing Sea of Thieves and love there is no vertical progression, just a sandbox to have fun with.
    So i've already found games i like to play more.
    SotA has some great things i like, but the grind and some other things they did drive me away. Not what i want or understand a RPG sandbox is.

Leelu and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Sorry to see you go @Stundorn and I understand your frustrations. As you know, I am a very casual player but I still find that there is a lot of fun to be had in the game. Like @Mac2 said it's all about perspective. I know for you it was the lack of German speaking, role-playing avatars and the grind, but I hope in time you will come back and find what you are looking for.

I HATE the grind, but the thing I love about SotA is that there are always people up for doing something and willing to help. For example, this past weekend I popped onto Discord and @Rada Torment throws out the call, "Lost Vale up in 5!! Whose coming with me!?" Next thing I know we're grouped up, I met some cool new folks and had a blast adventuring and slaying cabalists in the Lost Vale. :D

Anyway, I wish you all the best and hope you at least come back for launch. Who knows, the entire planet could turn into full loot PvP at which point I will quit the game lol ;)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Really?
    Steam charts dont show any increase in players since persistance..
    Even if they only represent 30%? 20% or is it 40% ? ( depends on which quote you take from devs ).

Lack of casual friendly play was a huge reason i couldnt get more people to stick it out with me initially...
    So yes. I guess it is all perspective.

Stun, the game hasnt been what you are after since you first started posting.
    Not surprised at all if your leaving. ( though youve said this like 10x ) .

While its improved, i dont think itll be what your after anytime soon.

Olthadir likes this.
  13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

all well and good but what are you going to lok forward to next month - "Launch"?

If this is all development has to introduce something new every month ???

14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

And yet we had one of the best telethons yet recently, and I am seeing TONS of new players.

15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

@Stundorn , You stuck it out and gave it a very fair try. You constantly gave feedback from your perspective. You cannot say you did not try. I really sympathize with you because I am very much like you. Fair journeys my friend, and be stalwart on your journey!

16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Joe Zhudarak @MrBlight

Please show me where i ever said i quit.

I never said it and i was very calm the last weeks because i already stoped arguing.

Thanks for kind words of the rest.

Leelu likes this.
  17. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

That's a great question Weins and to be honest I can't really answer that because I don't know! I don't know what the future holds, but I am definitely enjoying things currently. :D

As a casual player I get my enjoyment where I can and when I can. For me, it's little impromptu adventures that make things fun! So it's less about playing the new content and more about the social interaction of putting together a group and tackling a really tough area/quest. That's what I like. Grinding is still a huge negative for me, so I find fun ways around it. :)

18. mass

mass Avatar

These are players that want to love the game. Working on making the journey of character progression more fun, dynamic, and engaging should probably be a top priority. Personally, I think it will get better, but it probably needs to get better relatively quickly.

Numa likes this.
  19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Hate to see you go, we had our differences years ago but seems like we were pretty spot on with opinion as time went on. However, Im on the same route as you, Im giving the game a last shot with release and if not much has changed I'll finish off selling my assets and move on to brighter pastures. Maybe you should give it a few more months just to make sure. Some of the responses to you are shocking here, you have supported the game but been harsh on its problems and thats what we were supposed to do in pre-release. Some people are just so blinded they cant see the flaws.

but you are right. Im "hard core" casual (which means I have a life and job but play as much as I can) and I have COMPLETELY given up on anything relating to crafting.

20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I guess our definition of TONS is different.
    That or enough backers are gone that the statistics of player numbers support your claim. ( old left, new came in ? )

As for the telethon numbers, not really that surprising that the same people keeping it floating, would do one last dump before release no? I mean.. if someone dumped 5k instead of usual 1k, it doesnt translate to more people. But guess thats all speculation.
    Which is why i look at server platforms charts for reference. ( steam for example )

But this is a moot point.

2 weeks till release. The following months will settle any and all disputes about pop/the game.

@stunb maybe im just thinking of the times you said you wernt playing anymore??
    I swear you started numerous threads kinda saying same thing.
    *shrug*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.