The City of Penshire

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Poor game design, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Envy is building a good town with some underground features.

Sawtooth Hollow is also going to be underground and Open PVP. So you may want to look there too.

I've considered it for the City of Penshire. It's a possibility the longer it takes to launch the game. But I don't have immediate plans for an underground at the moment. Everything is in flux, everything is in play. I have several design ideas for the city, some of them are drastically different than what is showing up in the OP.

E n v y likes this.
  2. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

just wanted to say grats. if your town becomes a viable hib of commerece it might be worth putting a vendor their i will just have to see

Drocis Fondorlatos likes this.
  3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

You know... if we get elves AND underground PoT... i may have to rethink things and make a Drow community.

4. Drocis the Devious

Due to some recent changes in my real life, I had to make some choices that resulted in shifting my financial resources around for SOTA. The short of it is that I no longer have enough cash to be a Baron and own a large city. (Don't cry for me Argentina) :)

What this means is that I'm probably unlikely to continue with plans to build the City of Penshire. It's a long time between now and launch, so this could potentially change. But for anyone following this POT concept, please be aware that at this moment in time I no longer plan to see this through.

I'm a big believer that it's not a good idea to string people along, so please consider this a courtesy for the benefit of keeping you focused on more realistic dreams.

Roper Docholiday, Tahru and L U S T like this.
  5. E n v y I I

E n v y I I Avatar

Really sorry to hear this.......I hope everything works out OK for you.

6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I don't know the right thing to say here. I can only wish the best and hope everything works out so your city can come to light.

Roper Docholiday and L U S T like this.
  7. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

we all feel for you ... i truly hope that the future brings the changes u desire. i hope all is well and we all hope you are able to keep your city

L U S T and Tahru like this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

Like I said, don't cry for me Argentina. :)

This is part financial and part me biting off more than I could chew. I had previously given up my Baron pledge so I could buy the city. But I found myself really REALLY wanting a city lot more than an actual city. My original plans had been to be more of a hermit and here I was managing one of the largest concentrations of players in the game, between those two things it just didn't make sense and it was weighing on me. (You can't have it all)

I had thought about just keeping it to myself and trying to raise up more funds before launch (something that is certainly possible), but my heart just isn't in it. My vision of Penshire and then what I plan to do as an individual in the game, is probably a good 10k outside of my price range. :)

Anyway, thanks to all those that had interest.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Baron Drocis...So sorry not crying, just wishing you upcoming good fortune. :)

10. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Sorry to hear that Drocis. My invitation still stands to have you come run an A+ alchemy shop in Blackstone Bluff. I hope you aren't tapping out completely, you're an asset to this game.

11. Drocis the Devious

Thanks, Lord Blake.

I'm going to stay a Baron. I even still have my own player town, it's just not as large and interesting as the City. (an inhabitant of 1)

My current plan is simply to fall back into the shadows of the world, learning about magic, experimenting, and occasionally exploring. If anyone has specific alchemy needs, I may be able to help out depending on the request and how much people are willing to pay. But I don't plan to open a store. If I get enough inventory built up, I'll probably wonder into market, set up my tax free vendor somewhere and sell everything off that I don't need.

I'm most looking forward to being in this game years and years from now, having a large collection of books, knowledge, reagents, and wisdom that could only be obtained by being as devoted to magic as I will be.

Oh yes, and I plan to write books about many topics. Most of these will be for my private collection, but some may be available in mass production - we'll see.

Tahru likes this.
  12. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Thats my favorite part of this game, being able to just write fiction for myself. Always wanted to write a book but have never had a reason/the drive until SOTA. SOTA effects people in many different ways without the devs even realizing it or planning it. Thats why I got frustrated at the "target audience is too broad" discussion. There are a lot of people out there unlocking potential for no other reason than personal accomplishment. I look forward to reading some of your stuff in the future. Let me know if you open up a writing thread like enderandrew's..... I'd enjoy that. Good luck sir.

13. HokageFont

HokageFont Avatar

cant wait to visit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.