Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The clink quest

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by UKDude, Jan 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UKDude

UKDude Avatar

Reproduction rate: Seems to be 100%
    Blocker: Only to the clink quest
    Details:
    If Myron is killed (in my case by a chain lightening hit in error) after talking to myra, the quest enters limbo, she won't respond to further prompting and Myron (who I assumed had a conversation thread I never received) now just asks to be killed as per normal.
    The riot in the clink cannot be restarted, so the quest is not completable.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Get the quest from Myra
    2. kill Myron before speaking to him
    3. report back to Myra

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

@UKDude

Ouch! Bug submitted for review.

3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It is set up so that if you kill Myron without ever talking to Myra she will not ask you to undertake the quest. You should have a journal entry after killing Myron in that instance.

Myron appears regardless of whether or not there is a riot in the Clink.

The inability to speak to Myra is a seperate issue affecting all merchant NPCs that will be fixed shortly.

4. UKDude

UKDude Avatar

I can speak to her just fine, but she continues to ask me to free myron, who I can't free because of the special tree he has, just during the riot. If I try to return again, I get nothing from him that would progress the quest. Not related to the merchant bug.

Also, FYI I did kill myron before taking the quest and she was fine with it..

5. LESTAT_SiK

LESTAT_SiK Avatar

This is confirmed, was going to submit. Nothing I say to the warden, Myra, nor Myron will update the quest log. She continues to state "No" when I tell her "myron is dead". She answers in a similar manner when I use the keyword on the dialogue "i killed myron". She does state "you have the key, go check it out".......I have killed poor Myron several times to make sure there is not some obscure speech that needs to take place.

As in UK dude's report, I DID kill Myron upon the first encounter with him, BEFORE talking to Myra in the first place. Myra did, in fact, ask me to start the quest after I butchered him the first time. It appears that is the issue is that she isn't supposed to if he is dead. Param flags?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.