The difference between lvl 1 and 145, and why its not a super huge deal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkah EMPstrike, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

You will also have to rule out differing stats by makign sure your strength, dexterity, Intelligence, gear, and skill levels are the same while tryign different adventure levels.

Dexterity being higher causes you to be dodged less and dodge more often, as well as offerign subtle melee dmg increase sint he form of crit chance. Intelligence being higher causes your spells to be dodged less and deal more damage. Strength will increase your weapon damage and cause you to block more damage.

The bonus health and focus will also give you more survivability and the ability to use more skills in a fight makign you seem both more defensive and deal more damage with a substatial difference in adventure level.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I hope it all gets cleared up at least for us melee types. In my case normally running a 2 to 1 ratio of str to dex it would be nice to know if a 50/50 even split between those 2 would yield quicker kills. I am tempted to speculate a 50/50 split would be better for light armor avoidance based melee vs heavy armor types. As if taking away the double crit chance you used to get when hitting from behind was not enough now we have to look at adv level being somewhat insignificant.

3. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I wonder why my attacks that normally do 75 damage to other enemies suddenly do 7 to the same enemies but with orange names.

Yipp likes this.
  4. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Because @atos said so!

5. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Just adding my two cents on the effects of Adventure Level.

I've noticed that when you have a certain level advantage over mobs, like when they con green as opposed to yellow/orange/red, etc, that the effects of skills seem to trigger more often or effect them more often than when a mob cons orange. This has been from my personal experience. So while not contradicting any of the original arguments, I do believe there is some benefit of having a higher level over mobs.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Because they have higher resist

7. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

So people kill the ebon dawn fighters in the siege zone by 7 points of damage at a time because they have 70 DR?

8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Probably not. But you should try again. I was doing alot more than 7dmg a hit to red melee types last night.

Adv level has never had an impact on how much dmg you deal, so thats resulting from something else.

9. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Enlighten me on what that something else is.

My bludgeon skill is 90, it does 75 damage approx to green named ebon dawn fighters in the siege scene and 7 to the orange named ones.

I can't see anything about the enemy beyond the color of their name so that must be the defining factor in the perspective of the player.

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its a generalization of thier difficulty overall but i use daggers and didnt have that issue. They do block alot but you would notice it being a block cuz itsays block

11. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Chris said what contributes to hit chance during the telethon and AL wasn't part of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.