Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

the downside to leveling... rewarded with slugs!

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by coder1024, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

At level 10, I had no points to spare really having invested as carefully as I could (being a newbie still), using a 2H axe deck with the basic heal, 1 earth spell (for the combo), a little bit of passive health, and a couple utility glyphs.

I filled my deck enough so as to avoid slugs. And my skills were all max'd (they were in the deck as many times as they could be).

I went out adventuring and was killing stuff and leveled! congrats right? Well, as soon as I leveled my deck was no longer sufficiently full and immediately I started getting slugs. Looking at the deck window indicated I needed to add 2 more glyphs, but I had nothing I could add. I was out of consumables and so couldn't add them (health or focus pots).

The end result was that leveling actually appeared to penalize my char (in the immediate time frame) due to now getting slugs. I had to leave the adventure scene, go find a skill trainer, train up some glyphs and add them to my deck.

So all in all not a huge deal, but I still thought it was peculiar that leveling actually made me have to stop and go to town or deal with slugs.

Not sure how to resolve this (maybe there's nothing to resolve and this is how it should work), but I wanted to share my observations.

Lord Baldrith and Father Aquila like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes that is the way it is. You are forced to spread yourself too thin. If you want to focus on a particular thing you cannot until you are leveled further. It is not so much different in other games though. You are not usually able to get every thing you want when you want it since you run out of points getting to things.:) LOL so sad, but true.;)

coder1024 likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Congrates on figuring out you had to leave and find a trainer to learn skills to remove the slugs, there have been others who just whined about it.

Yeah it is part of the game, the only time this could be an issue is if you gained a level 1/2 thru something like the Necropolis, single player :-(

FrostII and coder1024 like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

As you move to higher levels it's way less of an issue than at low levels for sure... Hey, be happy you leveled.... Congrats!

Mishri and coder1024 like this.
  5. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Also, next time around you can plan for that since you are now aware of it (i have not seen a slug for 4 months).

coder1024 likes this.
  6. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

Well, I'm not sure about planning for it. Even knowing that I still don't think I'd be able to sacrifice the combat points to avoid the slugs. I think I'd have to choose to just stop everything and go to town and train when it happens. Its just a bit of an abrupt thing to be fighting fine one minute, then level and now be worse off in a sense due to slugs showing up that didn't show up before :)

7. EnigmaWinz

EnigmaWinz Avatar

Maybe they could change this by keeping your current deck which had no slugs in effect until you've gone in to modify your deck, or created a new one after you've applied your additional skill points. I get what you're saying and I see how it can be annoying to have to leave the area, and travel the over-world map to find a skill trainer. You might get pulled into a random encounter and have to fight with a deck that includes slugs on your way to the skill trainer. This could make the things that people find annoying about the game. .(loading screens, over-world map travel, random encounters) just that much more annoying. Personally if I'm farming I don't want to have to leave an area until I'm almost over-encumbered or in need of equipment repairs so I get it.

coder1024 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.