The Ebon Viper

Discussion in 'The Library' started by blaquerogue, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

"THE EBON VIPER" - Chapter 1

Blaquerogue sat there in his dark den, running his dark fingers around the wine goblet, deep in thought..."How many years have I worked for them doing their dirty work? How dare They threaten me "The Ebon Viper", do they not know how capable I am of making them silently disappear!? I have killed for them for many years putting their spoiled fat butts in places of power so they can choke down their riches without thought! I simply want to retire!" He knew they would not let him go that easy, he was stupid to think otherwise, after all it is the Assassins Guild! There was always someone willing to fill your shoes, when your as good as he was at his art of death! Someone was always trying to take that title as, "the greatest assassin" in The Kingdoms of Cartador.

For that was absolutely what he was! He had a target on his back every day he left his keep. Always some young Rogue trying to take the title! It always ended up the same, that same rogue choking as his lungs filled with blood! "The Ebon Viper" was an artist, and death was always his masterpiece.

He had only one equal, his fellow Dark Elf Ariella, known as "The Night Orchid". She was just as good as he. They trained all through their younger years in "Underdark", a place where Drow come from. They were like any other elf race except they had black skin and dark magic's, also thirst for blood and power. Like Ariella he longed for freedom from the Tyrants that ran it! Ariella was the first to escape the Underdark, and Blaquerogue was the second.

How he missed her! After all Blaquerogue taught her to fight with scimitars, strictly forbidden by the Elders! Female Drow were supposed to be Priestesses, Males supposed to be slaves and fighters. Ariella took Blaquerogue as her slave to protect him from the mistreatment he would get by any other Priestess. She taught him magic's forbidden by the elders and of course and he taught her the art of "shadow dance" one of the most deadliest sword techniques of all.

He knew she would escape this place he even gave her a map he had made, to do it! When she did, of course he was blamed, beaten, and accused of chasing her away. They were best of friends and a deadly force when fighting together!

For they knew each other so well, so deadly they were , that they moved in perfect synchronicity without a word between them when fighting, cutting down all that came before them. Then one day they got the order to raid a human village slaughtering them all including the children and that is when things went sour! Blaquerogue refused to follow that order, as well as Ariella. They were both forcefully separated. She was thrown before Matron mother and he was left to punishment of the priestesses. He had heard she escaped, and was happy for her, then one day, he followed suit and was gone as well.

One day they would see each other again he was sure of it! For just recently he heard of some doings of someone named "Night Orchid"! A Thieves Guild master was assassinated in some town just passed the swamps to the North. He knew she kept the name he gave her at a young age, and he smiled for once in the many years of being an Assassin at this thought!

Getting back to the main thought, the only way out of the Assassins Guild and business was by taking out those that would try to kill him if he left. He knew he was going to have to start with making Teron disappear! Teron was the only one foolish enough to try and kill him. He had been trying to work his way up to Blaquerogue's level within the guild for years. Blaquerogue, "The Ebon Viper" was the only thing standing in Teron's way!

Blaquerogue threw his glass across the room shattering it against the stone wall! He then went to his locker and began pulling out the tools of his trade, and strapping them on. A black Ebony Scimitar that had an eerie dark purple glow shimmering off it, and an ivory dagger unnaturally light for its size. He hung the scimitar from his belt and sheathed the dagger in a hidden compartment just under his black leather armor leather known to be made of black dragon hide.Yes, he was Upper Class, elite to say the least, his trade paid well!

He filled his various belt pouches with flasks of green and smokey grey liquid, followed by four more daggers, one in each boot, and one under each sleeve of his chest piece. Throwing his back pack on, he was off to collect another life to add to his collection of so many over the years, but finally this time for his own well being.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Verit, Sol Stormlin, Numa and 14 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I'm sorry @blaquerogue but my mind went straight for the gutter after "dirty work" and "Ebon viper".
    The rest then just became innuendos...

Numa, Sold and gone, Tahru and 4 others like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

ok start over mind out of gutter and you should be good! :)

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

He slipped out of his secret exit only passage from his house and the door swung close slowly and latch without a sound blending into the design of the side of his keep. Moving at a fast pace barely making a sound and heading to the city below.

"Gold Crest" the name of this city in the south of the continent, was a lot less glamorous than its name. It was just another bustling city filled with people from all walks of life. The streets were dirty and dingy, shop keeps lined the main street, as well as thieves and pick pockets.

Blaquerogue knew them all. The shop owners were closing down for the night moving their wares back inside the shops. The sun had been down for little over and hour and the lanterns lit the streets except the alley ways, they were never lit. Walking with the crowds he slipped off into one and over to the next street. This is when his skill came into effect! Keeping close to the shadows he would pass people by as they looked around to see where that movement of air came from! As they turned around he was long gone.

Dipping back into another alley he knew someone was following him, he could smell them! This one smoked a pipe he knew for tobacco lingered on him still! Hugging the shadows down the alley he stopped and looked up. A shadow jumped from one roof top to the other, quickly he rolled to the left side of the alley and into the shadows there! Slowing down he crept like a beast stalking its prey, he could hear the padded foot steps moving up and down the alley via the roof. Quickly he found a shadow at the edge of the alley opening up onto the busy street. There he waited quietly dagger already pulled and waiting like that of a vipers fangs for the strike, it would come he knew!

Sliding off the roof and dropping just in front of him was a fellow clad in black cloth as he turned around, an ivory blade opened his neck spilling blood forth! Blaquerogue threw his hand over the mouth and nose of this one dragging him back further into the shadows! There he held him low until finally he suffocated or drowned in his own blood, two deep jabs to the mans heart, and the cat and mouse game was over as he stuffed the body behind some boxes there in the alleyway. Cleaning his ivory blade he cut the purse from the mans belt and dumped the coin into his own. Then Blaquerogue threw his cloak around him and grabbed an empty liqueur jug he found in the ally. He splashed what little was left on his cloak, and stumbled out into the crowd just another "drunkard". He was bumping into people and apologizing they bought this muse hook, line, and sinker! When he crossed the street into the next alleyway he counted his take four bags of coin should make for a good night at the tavern where he knew he would find Teron drinking as usual, Rogues should never have a usual place! This was Teron's first mistake!

Verit, Sol Stormlin, Numa and 11 others like this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

The tavern was busy with patrons, it was wall to wall people, drinking laughing having a good time, after a long day of work. He walked through the front door a quick glance around the tavern, he knew all he needed about the people, the exits and where Gantrel the Assassins Guild master was, his normal table at the back of the place, He saw Blaquerogue walk in and smiled his toothy grin.

This was one of those places they called a "safe house", no one was allowed to perform any of their dirty deeds here or they would suffer with their life! One of the many rules Gantrel had made, since this was his favorite place to be. Teron slipped behind Blaquerogue, but not unnoticed! He went straight for Gantrel's table. He was stopped by some of his thugs who said no word, Gantrel waved them off and Blaquerogue sat down next to him.

"Well met my friend, have you finally reconsidered your retirement?" he said with a smile. "no one one will touch you here I promise, It is the rules as you know!" with almost a challenge in his voice! Blaque picked that up clearly! Sitting down next to him was Teron who made his way to the table as well, trying to get an ear on things and being Gantrel's personal body guard in the absence of Blaque.

Blaquerogue looked at Teron and smiled then said "Yes I have reconsidered things, as of late!" putting his left arm around Teron. "He seems like a good fit for the job as your new bodyguard!" Teron smiled, and Blaque could see his head was growing bigger by the second!

"And what of you?" said Gantrel, which area would you like to work in? Moving our market from town to town? Enforcing protection fees?" Blaquerogue smiled and said "no I was thinking of something much better! maybe becoming a partner to you? What do you think of that? We can make the split of 60/40 ill get sixty percent of your operation!?" The smile fell from Gantrel's face with a quickness! Just as confused as Gantrel so was Teron with a confused look on his face!
    Blaquerogue just smiled and said "You are a liability to the guild, that is why you will get forty percent of the profits!"
    Gantrel upset belted out "what is this you speak of!! in my place of business!"

In the blink of an eye six quick jabs into Terons heart with the ivory dagger cutting through his armor as if it wasn't there! Blood sprayed splashing all over Gantrel's face, and Blaquerogue's armor! he gently laid Teron on the table face first! The whole place was in shock at this moment! Especially Gantrel! Blaquerogue called out to the thugs standing around the table, "clean this mess up!" They did as they were told for they were paid well by Blaquerogue!

Turning back to Gantrel, he said "This is what i think of your rules! Poor Teron would still be alive, at least for a couple more hours if i hadn't found this on him!" He pulled out a piece of paper and threw it down on the table! There sitting in front of Gantrel was a bounty for two thousand gold, for Blaquerogue's head signed by Gantrel himself, blood still dripping and smudging the ink! "Your thugs work for me now!, and as for you fat man this is where your story ends!" A quick slash across his throat and the conversation was over in a waterfall of blood!
    He looked up at the crowd and said "Let this be a lesson for those that choose to cross me "The Ebon Viper!" Business will continue as usual! I am your new Guild Master!" With that, they went back to drinking, but were a lot more quieter, softly talking and whispering amongst themselves. More than likely plotting Blaquerogue's death under their breath, but he would be ready if they dare tried!

Verit, Sol Stormlin, Numa and 9 others like this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

With that thought in mind he decided to do something about it. He wrote up a contract payment for killing "The Night Orchid" of 20,000 gold, and he passed out the contracts to the individuals he knew were plotting against him! He however knew they would not complete the contract! Ariella was another of the best Assassins in the realm, but he also knew that would bring her to him, and get rid of the conspirators at the same time! When she arrived she surely would be amused that he did that. Ariella knew him too well! He would never put her in harms way! He really missed her and wanted to run this place side by side with her! They would be together but free of the Underdark!

"Finch!" Ebon yelled out "Come over here i have a contract for you, it should be an easy task, just some dark elf woman that owes me some money!" Finch looked at him in disbelief, then looked at the price. A toothy grin came over his face for he knew this would be easy money! Or so he thought! Next he called Pherson, "Pherson come over here i have a contract for you as well!" Pherson came over and looked at the contract and laughed. "Are you serious?" He asked? Ebon glared at him and said "Finch has already got a head start on you, if he completes the contract before you, you will get nothing, and you will be considered a failure among us and possibly ridiculed for as long as you hang around!"

The smile went from Pherson's face, he knew those would exactly be the the circumstances if he came back empty handed! He and Finch were always trying to out do each other for as long as he could remember! One would die at the hands of another we was sure, before they even found Ariella! So that would be one problem eliminated and another would be walking into a death sentence!
    He decided to add one more "Jacobs" hated them both! "Jacobs come over here!" Ebon belted out. Jacobs came running over instantly, he loved to kill and knew Ebon would give him something worth his time, which the previous Guild Master never let him do to his fullest for Finch and Pherson were Gantrel's favorite, and Jacob was always pushed aside on great contracts. Ebon knew Jacobs was loyal to the Assassins guild, and would make a fine officer!

"Yes Sir", Jacobs said with true respect. Ebon told him to have a seat at the table and began to speak, "Finch and Pherson are going to kill a good friend of mine, i want you to kill them off only after they find the girl! If you do this i will give you both of their contract rewards, that would be 40,000 gold and i would give you the First officers position within the guild! How does that sound?" Jacobs didn't even stop to think about it, he just said "I will return with Finch and Pherson's heads in a canvas bag! and he too headed out into the night. Ebon leaned back and ordered a glass of wine and smiled, the game was in motion, and the conspirators were dead!

Verit, Sol Stormlin, Numa and 8 others like this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Now that i am back from my time out! I will continue :)

Kara Brae likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

The Ebon Viper chapter 2 - "Rats taste Like Chicken"

The morning was crisp and cool, the fire in the fireplace was almost extinguished, the sun shined through he window beginning to warm the cold chamber he called his room. He stretched out his arms and reached over to the side of the bed for his leather armor. Donning his armor there was a knock at the bedroom door, a smile came across his face as always, he only smiled once per day and it was at this time! The door opened and his servant walked in with a piping hot pot of coffee, the servant poured a cup for him and set it across the room at his desk. "Would you like me to bring up some more wood Sire?" said the servant. Ebon looked at him and laughed! Ben just leave the damn coffee there on the desk! They both laughed. Ben was one of Ebon's closest and most trustworthy of friends, he was not really a servant, but a highly paid Associate and a friend! They had practically run most of the shady places in the city, enforcing their rules with extreme punishment! Both were ruthless as a wolverine when it came to reminding people who was in charge, most of their victims were examples set for others! The only one in town that really liked them was the Mortician since, they kept him quite busy!

Ebon threw his boot at him as he let himself out of the door! In all actuality Ben was the early bird and Ebon was not. So Ebon had asked him the night before to wake him early. Finishing strapping his leather armor on slowly walked over to the desk, stretching and cracking his bones. He sat down at his desk and began reading the local newspaper, and sipping on his hot coffee. Then he came across some news that stopped him in his morning routine abruptly! "Lord Balrath has opened a new tavern down by the docks, adjacent to his new Shipping and Imports warehouse!" Lord Balrath was known as "The Rat" amongst the Guild and its shady clientele. He had been trying to push in on the Assassins guild for a few years now, and he must've got word that our Guild Master was gone. One night it took for him to get that info! Apparently there was another rat about, running in the walls of the guild!

He quickly yelled out for Ben and the door burst open, Ben with sword and dagger in hand looking around maniacally! Finally focusing on Ebon, who did not flinch when all this happened, "what the hell?!" Ebon calm and collectively responded, " have you seen this news? Ben laughed "You know i cant read! So what is going on?" Ebon glanced sideways at Ben and said sarcastically "Lord Balrath is in town and he has opened a brand new Imports Warehouse! Ben interrupted "The Rat? Does he not know who changed hands? or is he just looking for a signature on his death warrant?" Ebon looked at Ben with no emotion in his eyes, "how can this happen without my permission?" Ben just shrugged. "Let us get eyes on this situation and we'll figure out what the hell is going on! Also find out which city Official ok'd this! In fact i want him before me by nightfall in this room! He will have to face the "Viper"! Also get me a cleaning crew since it will be messy! "On it brother" was all that was said by Ben and he was out the door in a flash.

Ebon stared at the wall, anger filling his veins "How dare someone overstep my authority!? They will pay with their very life, and for the "Rats", they aren't half bad if skinned and cooked right!" Smile gone from his face and morning ruined, he finished latching all the bindings on his armor and sheathed his sword and daggers, ten daggers to be exact! Displayed openly across his chest, for there was not one person in this city that did not know who he was, so he had nothing to hide! His first stop would be a vendor that refused to pay fees on his merchandise! Little did that merchant know he was already a dead man walking, and unlucky that all this happened prior to the visit he was about to get!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

- "A lesson never to forget"

Ebon slid his last dagger into its place on his chest, and a smaller one in his boot well hidden from prying eyes his "insurance dagger" as he called it. Pulled an old carpet out from a closet and laid it down on the floor, he then placed a single wooden chair in the middle, with straps along the arms, and two straps along the front legs, fashioned there to restrain an unlucky person. The carpet was stained with old blood, a dramatic effect for anyone entering the room. Satisfied with the set up he headed downstairs and out the door en-route to the Unlucky Vendor.

Stepping out into the bustling street, live with activity he scanned the area, like he always did. He noticed a group of young pickpockets (of course working for him) Sitting outside the local bakery enjoying a refreshment on this hot day, they looked up at him as he walked by and flashed hand signals greeting the renowned Assassin. Ebon flashed the greeting back. He also noticed a childish suspicion among the pickpockets, they were up to something, harmless he was sure of. He felt an almost unnoticeable soft tug at his purse as he weaved through the crowd, reaching back without looking, he grabbed a small wrist, twisted it grotesquely until he heard the yell and a solid crack! Letting go of the now limp and broken wrist, he turned around and saw the small boy, no more than ten years old on his knees holding his wrist and whimpering. Following that, the laughter of the the other boys who immediately exchanged coins, the bets were now over, Ebon's suspicions were right.

He made a left down a small alley, which then put him on the road where the Vendors establishment was at (The one Ebon funded many years ago) to help out a poor soul, who now had taken advantage of Ebon's generosity which was slim to none in general! How he hated being taken for a fool! A lesson never to forget was about to be taught!

He saw the Vendors Assistant out cleaning the windows as he approached. "Hail Mark" he belted out. Mark jumped and turned around. "H..H..H, Hail Sir! I just want you to know that i tried to tell Kaleb he needed to pay the fees and he just blew me off and told me to mind my own business! Please believe me!"

Ebon looked long and hard at Mark and decided he was telling the truth, then he said "How would you like to have a business to mind?" Marked jumped up and said i would love it Sir! What business would you like me to run for you, I promise you, i would keep good with the fees! Ebon smiled an evil grin, Go get Kaleb and tell him there is a customer out here that would like to have a custom table made." Mark did as he was told and disappeared into the store. A moment later he appeared with Kaleb, who was smiling until he saw Ebon standing there! There was nowhere to run at this distance he knew Ebon would close on him in a blink of an eye.

Before he could finish thinking, with blinding speed, Ebon appeared in front of him, a nose length from his own. Then he felt it, the warmth of his blood leaving his body, as a pool of crimson appeared on the flagstones of the street, filling in the cracks like an experienced mason, grouting bricks. A couple twists and the deed was done! Ebon slid the blades out of Kaleb's Kidneys, effortlessly! He wiped the blades off on Kaleb's shirt and re-sheathed them. It took a few moments for Mark to notice that Kaleb was now dead as Ebon slowly released him to the ground never losing contact with his eyes until they went blank.

He turned to Mark and reached out to pat his back, Mark flinched as Ebon's hand patted him on the back " I will send someone over to you later today to collect the Hundred gold owed to me!"
    Mark, pale as the moon, just looked at the body of Kaleb and nodded. "I trust you will have my payment then?" Mark looked at Ebon, and said "Of course Sir! It will be here waiting i assure you! Ebon simply replied "I know it will! Congratulations on your new business!"

A lady was looking over a piece of furniture, and Ebon nodded his head towards her. "Well Mark it is now time for you to mind your own business!" With that Ebon, cracked a smile and headed back to his Keep, for soon there would be a much more important meeting taking place with an Official of the Town!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

-The Unexpected Visitor -

As night fell the shadows creeped upon the streets, making for easy access back to Ebon's Keep. He would catch the other rogues and thieves dodging in and out of the shadows along the way, but he wasn't worried he knew them and they knew him it would be a relatively safe trip back. Heading down one of the alleys Ebon noticed a shadowed figure moving from wall to wall. Small in statue, and fast (which was good for rogue types) only problem was, this one was noticed! Ebon kept walking down the middle of the alley slowing his steps. The figure came to a stop in one of the shadows. Ebon knew he was being watched, he looked up at the night sky and smiled. A cloud moved across the moon. When it cleared the moon Ebon was gone! Petric, peered out from the shadows but her victim simply vanished in a blink of an eye!

"Curses", she said under her breath I almost had that guy! She sat down against the wall, fished around in her pack and pulled out Pimicus (her pet rat) he immediately ran up to her shoulder and sniffed the air. She broke off a chunk of bread she had brought with her and shared it with Pimicus, he was too obliged to take it and start eating! Petting Pim on his head while he ate. "Well Pim, we really need to get some money, what we have is about gone!" (Pim just looked at her acknowledging her, but not really understanding what was being said.) "Lord Balrath promised Mom and I that he would take care of us! Now he has mother working the docks as a wench, and then he had enough nerve to try and get me to do the same! Im only 12!! How dare him! Mom is too strung out on the poppy smoke, to the point where she doesn't even know whats going on around her! let alone treat her own child, like her own! All she says is do what Balrath tells you and you will be rich beyond your dreams! Look at her now! Cant even afford to take care of her own kid! Let alone move away from the life shes living now!! Lies i tell you all lies, and that bastard Balrath, A knife between his shoulder blades is what he needs, deep and twisting as it goes!!" Just then Pim dashed back into the pack and Petric felt a hand on her shoulder! Startled she jumped but was forced back down to sitting position, immediately reaching for her dagger, It was gone! Then she heard it, a whisper only her and her captor could hear. "Relax, I mean you no harm", Then Ebon dropped her dagger into her lap. Almost challenging her to try and raise it up! She would not, she was in a position, that the only thing that would happen would be her own death. She then spoke "Sir i only needed some money for food" (putting on her best innocent look, and working up some fake tears for the dramatic effect) Ebon replied, "The only reason you still breath child is because you know not who i am! So you can pull back those fake tears for now! Get up!" he snatched her up and pushed her against the wall! "Sheath your dagger before it gets you killed!" She did as she was told. He turned her around and said "Walk!" At this point she was worried that death was still coming, it was just a matter of time! They came out of the alley and onto an open street, Three boys came running down the road "There she is, get her!" Ebon just stopped at the edge of the alley. Petric looked back at Ebon fro some guidance. He just looked at her with raised eyebrow, "this is the point i would pull my dagger out, if i was you!"

She whipped out her dagger from her hidden sheath lightening fast, the first boy came at her! She sidestepped him as he passed by her, a line of red followed! Her dagger had caught him under his left arm, he fell to the street at Ebon's feet, Ebon just smiled, grabbed him and put his dagger to the boys throat! It was then the boy realized who had him. He immediately dropped his knife and started to back peddle his words, um... uh.. well i.. a.. "Lord Viper!!, I am so sorry i did not realize she was with you for i would not have...Ebon cut him off released him and "said get out of here Billy!" Billy dashed down the alley and disappeared into the shadows. Turning back to the open street the second and third boy had her by her arms on each side and up against the wall. "you think you can just come into our neighborhood, and start stealing from our people???" Then the other boy chimed in "Yeah! We run this area!" She relaxed in their grasp, and started her fake crying, "please dont hurt me i was just hungry!" Tears were falling, Ebon recognized this as a farce! The boys let up a little on her, relaxing their grip. (That was the first mistake that would have a painful ending!) She pushed back against them using the wall as leverage running her feet up the wall and she did a back flip, when she landed behind them, she pulled out two smaller daggers from hidden sheaths in her tattered dress and drove them home! One of the small daggers went through one of the boys backs just below the shoulder blade and the other boy felt the other dagger driving up under his armpit crippling him from using that arm for quite sometime! The both fell to the ground and Ebon stepped out and yelled "Stop!" The boys looked up, the next dagger blow would've been the last one of them ever saw!

The boys started stuttering words of apologies, Ebon simply said "Go back to the guild hall and get patched up! You were over powered by a man of great size you hurt him he ran away but you got this from him!"..(Ebon tossed a small coin purse to the boy with 10 gold in it) "Now Go!" The boys quickly disappeared down the street. Excellent work child! Petric glared at him, "I AM NOT A CHILD" MY NAME IS PETRIC!" Ebon smiled at her and said, "Well Petric now that we have formally met, I am Ebon Viper, The Assassins Guild Master here! Excellent work if i do say so myself, i was listening to your whole conversation with that dirty flea bitten rat in the alley, I think i may be able to help you, and possibly give you some work, that has nothing to do with your scrawny little body besides, not getting it killed! I have seen you in action here, consider it your resume! I understand you have no place to go and are hungry, I have a place and plenty of food and maybe if your nice my assistant will play tea party and dolls with you!? A frown came across her face.."I dont play with dolls i play with daggers!!!" Ebon laughed and said "aww, that's too bad "Ben would've loved to play tea party im sure." Petric just rolled her eyes. Then spoke up "Ok so what your saying is that you can give me work that doesn't mean standing on the corner outside of some tavern, a place to stay and food?" Ebon chimed in "and training to become better at your art!" She smiled and then said "only if i can keep "Pim" she reached into her pack and pulled out the rat and held him up to Ebon, (Pim chattering away in protest of being held!) Ebon thought for a moment .. "Only if he and you get a bath"! She cheered up and said "Deal"!

The rest of the trip was uneventful, Ebon showing her the streets, and the quickest way to get from one place to the other, whether by alley, or roof top. He pointed out places of interest (owned by him) in case she needed to "disappear" or evade. She was taking it all in absorbing it like a water does a sponge. Then they came upon a huge Keep surrounded by a black spiked wall. She was astonished at its size, "Welcome Home Petric!" a huge smile came across her face. They went inside the entry way lined by wall torches, all she could do was look in amazement of all the intricate designs, and decorations surely Lordly. Ebon caught her look all this had become bland to him after time, he had forgotten how much he really liked all this stuff. Pointing to a picture of A huge Galleon painted in oils he said, That picture was given to me by Lord Black Boots a renown Pirate when i was about 15 years old that is his boat! He had tasked me with sabotaging a ship of one of his enemies! (oh those were the days he thought to himself almost bringing a smile across his face) and as a reward paid me handsomely and gave me this picture!" "Wow a real Pirate Ship! I would love to roam the seas one day!" (Ebon just smiled remembering how much he too liked it!) "There you go Petric! Something to work towards one day "Petric the Pirate" does sound grand indeed and i do have a few ships that need a good Captain!" They moved into the center area of the keep, books lined the walls in grand and intricate bookcases. Candelabras lines the walls and were places over some couches and seats for excellent reading, Ebon had read every single book in this library from the time he was 9 until now. "I would suggest you start here for your training feel free to read any of these books, In fact over there you will find the Pirate and Ships section! You can read cant you?" "Of course" she replied. Good then maybe you can help Ben learn to read as well!?" "Ben?" she said. they moved over to one of the couches and sat down.

"Ben is a lot like yourself, when he was about 17 i found him on the street, beaten by his parents and thrown out to the wolves, fortunately i came along and found him broken on the street i was 24 at that time so we are close in age and we became best friends, I also took him under my wing and taught him all i knew, much like im doing with you right now. He is my best friend, he takes care of me when needed and has always been there throughout our time together. He and I bought this place years ago, he may seem like a servant, but do not underestimate him! For is far more dangerous than that. He does not get paid a servants pay, and we do not treat him like a servant! He is a best friend and the only person i can fully trust around me, not to stab me in the back. Being in the status i am, someone is always trying to stab you in the back! He will protect me with his life and now you! I can guarantee that much about him! Ok now lets head upstairs to your room.

After a long walk up winding stone stairs to the second floor, it was just as extravagant as the main floor, pictures lined the walls, as well as torches. He stopped at one of the torches and pulled it downward like a level, stone grinding against stone and small dark passage was before them. "That leads down and out the back to another secret door, in case of an emergency that is your quickest way out!" then he pulled the torch again and the stone door closed up blending in with the wall itself once again. A couple doors down and they were finally at her room, as he swung open the door, a grand bedroom appeared! Four post bed with velvet sheets and comforters, a vanity in the corner, a huge gold mirror ,fireplace, lounging seat and 2 windows facing over the city. Petric's breath was taken how beautiful this room was, fit for a queen surely. Ebon noticed the smile on her face and smiled back, "one other thing i need to show you then i have to tend to business i have a politician waiting for me!" He moved over to the bed and pulled the comforter up exposing the underside of the bed reached under and pulled a handle a sliding trap door opened with a wooden ladder heading down in the darkness. "This leads down to a corridor that will also lead you out the back of the keep in an emergency." He pulled the handle sliding the door shut. He straightened out the comforter and walked over to the fireplace, threw some logs in and started a fire. "It will warm up shortly in here, so make yourself comfortable and get some rest, Ben will bring you breakfast in the morning, Now i have some loose ends to cut!" With that he started to walk out and stopped briefly pointing to a door in the back of the room he said "There is the bathing area, please make use of it for you and your friend there! She frowned in protest, and he smiled then walked out closing the door behind him. As the door shut, a huge smile came across her face, she ran over to the window and looked out getting more excited by the minute, then she ran over to the vanity, her rat barely holding on to her shoulder kissed at the mirror and fluffed her hair, she was unkempt and dirty that was for sure she definitely needed a bath and headed into the bathroom for a long hot bath and a restful sleep afterwards.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

-Punishment-

The Ebon Viper walked down the hallway towards the holding room , Ben was standing outside. "Hows the new addition to the house going?" "Fine i guess only time will tell." Ebon said. Then Ben looked at Ebon, "I see it in your eyes old man she reminds you of someone doesn't she? possibly two someones?" Ebon nodded, "yes she does, she reminds me of you when i found you, and also she has a bit of Ariella "The Night Orchid" in her as well! Ben just smiled " I knew it! Ariella will be found i promise my boys are on it! They have sent me reports of the sightings weekly, she is well i assure you! In fact Finch fell victim to her blades already!" They both let out a laugh for they knew Finch would be the very first person to try and take out Ebon first chance he got, one conspirator down a few more to go! "She even carved an Orchid into his back!" They both laughed. "So how is our friend in there doing?" well...Ben Began, "He is a little knocked out at the moment! He had a few choice words for us, that were bad choices!" Ben just grinned, "Lets just say he wont be walking out of here, without a limp at least!" Ebon pulled out his black gloves and placed them on his hands, looked at Ben and smiled, "Let the negotiations begin!"

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ebon snapped his gloves into place and opened the wooden oak door it creaked so loud a haunted house would be proud! On the other side a body lay slumped over in the chair he was bound too, his fine linens stained with blood torn and ripped in places. Ebon walked over to the fireplace, threw some logs into it and splashed them with some oil from a nearby lamp. He reached into is pocket and pulled out a match. Striking it against the wall the flame jumped to life. He held it over his skull pipe and inhaled igniting the pieces of tobacco, and exhaling the smoke. He slipped his dagger out of the sheath and placed the blade in the fire, then hung a pot of water over it.

Looking over at the sleeping body he knew this one, this was Augusts one of the cities Commissioners of business. He was a spoiled brat from a young age his Father and Grandfather, held offices within the city throughout their life, and just passed on the torch to the next of kin. Ebon remembered him when he was a young boy always whining and crying until he got his way. He had made some powerful friends within the kingdom, and one very powerful enemy this day! His pain would be overwhelming to the point of unconsciousness soon. Looking over at the dagger it was "red hot" although Ebon would wait for it to become "white hot" before he removed it! He walked over to the empty chair and slid it over in front of his unfortunate victim, pulling a bottle of hard liquor out of a cabinet and 2 glasses. He poured half a glass for him and half a glass for Augustus setting them on the floor, not before savoring a swish of the liquid that left a burning sensation on his tongue and throat almost numbing. Looking over at Augustus with his swollen face and various deep cuts into it, he knew this poor soul was going to spring to life very soon. He dampened a towel with the hot water making sure it was soaked and began wiping the dried blood off his gashes. It came off quite easily but did not wake Augustus. Then Ebon picked up the glass , took a swig and poured it over Augustus's face! Screaming to life, there He was facing the "Ebon Viper"! The last place anyone in his right mind would want to be!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

"Hail Agustus and Welcome back!" Ebon Blurted out through his chilling smile. The smile quickly went to frown! " It has come to my attention that you decided to go around my wishes. his sentence interrupted by a sharp punch to Augustus's face blood sprayed to the fireplace and disappeared in a sizzle, fire crackling away. This drew Augustus's attention to the white hot dagger resting in the coals, "this was about to get worse!" is all he could think of between the many punches that followed , then everything went black again.
    Brought back to life from the alcohol poured into his wounds, his attention was back! Ebon pointed over to the dagger in the fireplace and said "don't worry friend its use will come eventually"!

"You do understand that i run the docks do you not? You do understand the suffering and death i bring as well, I AM "THE EBON VIPER!" You will have respect for me , without it you will become nothing but a lifeless sack of meat in an alley somewhere, while the vermin feed on your remains! Your status means nothing to me! Your riches i can 10 fold in one night! Cross me again and your lifeline will end!" With that Ebon grabbed the dagger from the fire and smiled. "This will be a reminder for the rest of your life, everyday, when asked how did you get that scar?! Augustus's eyes widened! He took the dagger and pressed it against August's face it let out a wicked "hisss" and Augustus let out a blood curdling scream piercing the night! Ebon dragged it down from the left side of his cheek across his nose and ending at his right jawbone. The air filled with the foul smell of burning flesh. A reminder set in flesh, for eternity.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

To be continued.............................I write while at work so forgive me if i have to continue later on

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Insinious FizzleThorpe and Numa like this.
  15. Numa

Numa Avatar

16. Womby

Womby Avatar

We are always looking for new authors.

Gabriel Nightshadow and Numa like this.
  17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

thanks! I wasnt sure if anyone was reading it anymore.

18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ill need an editor for sure!

19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Gabriel Nightshadow and Numa like this.
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ben came into the room, and smiled with appreciation of the work Ebon had done on Augustus's face, Ebon was wiping the dagger off with a cloth. He turned to Ben and asked him if he could take out the trash, Ben smiled cut the restraints off of Augustus waking him up from passing yet again from pain. He threw a burlap sack over Augustus's head, and tightened a rope around his neck holding it in place and dragged him out of the room to be dropped off in front of his mansion in the Upper city.

Ebon rolled up the carpet and stuffed it in the closet, tomorrow he would go visit Balrath's imports. Balrath was a pompous individual and a pain in the ass altogether! He had his own group of assassins, he had formed after he originally left the Guild and moved to Waterdown, where business was booming around the docks, now he was back! Why? Possibly to take over the Assassins guild here! Ebon Viper would not let that happen! This could be the start of a guild war he knew, but he also knew if he did nothing, his respect would dwindle away, as well as his money! He would not let that happen no matter what the cost! A price would be paid in a river of blood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.