The economy is horribly inflated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

You will. As your level goes up you can easily dispatch higher level mobs much more easily. I can grind 200K per hour pretty easily, some players can do 1 million/hour. Just takes a while to get there.

And as far as numbers go - imagine you're in Italy or Japan. The unit of currency is the lire and yen respectively; you talk in huge numbers for every transaction. Just need to get your brain around it.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It's also likely that at some point soon, the Gold Piece we're using now is going to become Copper, and a Gold Piece will be 100 of those...
    @Chris has been talking about doing that for a couple years.

Nelzie likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

sure if you're talking xp. but gold? what pays like that?

Chrystoph Reis, mass and Numa like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

you are tal;king about exp not gold, two very different things.

Nelzie likes this.
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I actually agree.

You can pull 5-8k n hour in a t1 and t2 zone. N more then that in t5 zones.

As someone who never spent a dime.. money wasnt an issue after week 1 for me, and i was buying 20 tickets per raffle a month rigjt up till when i quit with over a dozen row deeds, 3 or 4 vil deeds and a city...

Summary: just because you have 500h,1000h or 2000+h .. doesnt mean you know how to properly pull in gold.

The economy has a lot of issues.. but gold per h always seems off to me on forums.

That being said im quite a few releases off.. tho i bet i could jump on today n dk 8-10k easy.

Mac2 likes this.
  6. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Not sure on straight up monster kills, but harvesting the right resources and finding the right player vendors...

Nelzie likes this.
  7. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

er yeah my bad. XP of course - must not post before coffee....

But maybe the other point is sort of valid:eek:

Lord Trady of Blix and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Prices reflect what the market will bear. People selling recipes for 10,000 - 15,000 a piece will find that their vendors are not selling them when others are selling the same recipes for 1,000 to 2,000 (or less).
    (plug) Napar Goods in Novia Market and Brittany Fields has fairly priced items (/plug), but I'm not selling out of stock as fast as I should be. It all has to do with the thousands of vendors all over the place with absolutely no way of quickly searching for the items you want without poking each and every single vendor individually. You can spend hours poking vendors and still not find what you're looking for, at the prices you want. Some people don't have the time, or they don't have the inclination (they'd actually rather be playing the game than running around aimlessly poking vendors).

Nelzie, SmokerKGB and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Because the demand is higher than the supply. It's hard to get, and of those hard to get recipes, most of them are random weapon head/blade recipes. Metals sheets are useful for more than making one obscure kind of axe that nobody wants.
    The market bears those prices specifically because there aren't enough of those few specific recipes (sheets, coils of wire, bindings) for them to meet demand at 2k each. Meanwhile, the obsidian and potion recipes have long since reached saturation.

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Wasn't wood like 70g each, and ores even more, about a year and a half ago? I think 30g for wood and 40-50 for more ores is significantly lower than it was.

Most things come down in price, the main exception being COTOs.

My main advice to new players wanting to get ahead, don't buy all the recipes. Buy a few, work them for a while.

Well, I guess that isn't my main advice, but it does fall squarely in the "don't blow all your gold in one place" idea.

11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I'd rather that our gold became silver, one gold was worth ten (or a hundred) silver, and one silver is worth ten (or a hundred) copper.

Nelzie and SmokerKGB like this.
  12. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

My advice for new players is don't horde resources, sell them. You will want to shop around to see if NPCs or player vendors pay the most for a given resource. Also, many of the more basic recipes can be taught by another player, seek out another player that is willing to teach recipes for free or keep on eye out for recipe swapping parties.

K1000, Nietzsche and FrostII like this.
  13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Well, I don't need to get my head around inflation... The numbers are higher because their currency is worthless... Let's say an apple pie cost $1 USD, that same pie, exactly the same, in Italy would cost $1,100 Lire and $1,500 YEN in Japan (this is all for example sake, I didn't check the exact exchange rate) and the apple pie is exactly the same, which is worth more? The higher the numbers, the less value it has, in Japan I would never take a job working for $10 Yen per hour or $10 Lire per hr in Italy, jobs probably start in the $10,000/hr range in those countries...

Constantly adding gold to the players, is bad for the economy and causes inflation...

14. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

You are funny, concerning Italy.

My advice is the exact opposite. Hold on to your ressources, if you can afford it. Once you decide to take up crafting, you will need tons of them, and if you haven't saved them from the very start, you'll end up buying them at double the cost you once sold them for. Of course, when gold is urgently needed, or if you have the time to mine two or three hours a day, by all means sell them. I've been hoarding my ressources for more than half a year now, since I started playing, and I am always short on everything. Can't afford to buy too many ressources either, though, as I have yet to find the skeleton spawn that drops 7.5k gold an hour. Someone give me a hint. I have 30 minutes a day to spare for that, and 3.75k a day is enough of an income for me.

Numa, Nelzie, Elwyn and 3 others like this.
  15. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I agree with you Helvig Ingvildsdottir. I should have mentioned if they don't plan on crafting to sell all the resources they can gather. If they do want to craft, keep only the resources for the crafting skill they want to get into. at least sell until gold isn't needed as much.

I know people used to make a nice profit on corpse wax, not sure if that is still the case or not. Tier 5 skeletons probably drop close to 7.5k an hour.

16. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Thank you! I'll hit Sequanna Colossus or Deep Ravenswood tonight. :D

17. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I don‘t believe this but I will try it if I find the zone you are referring to. I never ever earned more than 3000 g in an hour anywhere.

Numa, Montaigne and Cordelayne like this.
  18. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

You are out of touch - Italy‘s currency is the Euro :D

19. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

I do think the recipes for bronze/constantan/etc sheets/maceheads/hilts/etc are maybe a bit too rare, but to be honest newer crafters shouldn't even be bothering trying those recipes until their masterwork/enchant is high enough to bother using special mats. They should stick to copper and iron/pine and maple/cotton and leather stuff, although they don't know that and want to try making special stuff. So I'm honestly not sure, in my opinion I'd say let it play out for a while.

What would have been really interesting is if they'd taken those recipes away from all of us when they made them drop only. Then you'd see some crazy prices. :)

Nelzie likes this.
  20. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Oops again - DEFINITELY do not post before coffee:D
    My (pathetic) excuse is that it used to be, when I was a boy - and the point is that you hand over many thousands of whatever’s and get not very much in return.
    Maybe Port could do what Germany did in the 1930’s - after a period of hyperinflation ditched the mark and replaced it with the Deutschmark (and I hope I got that right)

Cordelayne and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.