The List of Daily Quests

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Anpu, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I wanted to provide this information to people, as many people are not aware of the several quests that can be done, once daily. These quests can be done once, every 24 earth hours. I will only be listing quests here that are set to a 24 hour turn in time. The XP and gold provided from these, may or may not be worth your time, but I will let you evaluate that for yourself.

Please feel free to make any comments or suggestions for this post.

Of note, doing quests gives you both Adventure and Crafting XP.

This list is current as of Release 73. These are listed by Difficulty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The List of Daily Quests

Daily Extortion Quest

Head to the town of Broocash and go to the docks. You will see a NPC named "Street Scholar". Speak to him to start this quest. This quest can be completed with or without a loss in virtue.
    Click the help keyword
    He will then give you the name of 1 of 2 different people (it is random).
    Click name of person he says.
    Click "I'll scare the gold out of him."

Retrieve a Rune Bag

To be able to even find these Rune Bags as a drop, you MUST finish the quest from Sigrunn at the docks of Noreach. You will NEVER be able to find these Rune Bag's as drops until you finish Sugrunn's quest. So finish this quest first and then you can proceed to do this daily.

Once you have finished Sigrunn's quest. After 24 earth hours, go to South Boundless Forest and kill the various Barbarians there. Eventually a Boundless Forest Rune Bag quest item will drop from a Barbarian. You can only have 1 of these on your character at a time.

Go to Yew and speak to Pendro. Click on the rune bag keyword and give him the Boundless Forest Rune Bag.

This quest now can be completed as many times as you want. It's no longer once a day. This seems to have been changed for Release 75?.

Retrieve the 5 Love Letters

Head to the Necropolis Barrens and go to the West Entrance. You will see an NPC named Hyun there. Speak to him.

If this is your first time doing this quest for him, you can complete the quest and then do the quest one more time. After that, return to him after 24 earth hours, and you can help him again daily.

4 of the letters can be found on the ground throughout the area with the Imp's and Ghosts. These are:
    Love Letter from a Child
    Love Letter from a Fiance
    Love Letter from a Soldier
    Love Letter from a Young Romantic

You can have multiple copies of these letters on your character. Occasionally an Imp will also drop one of these letters as well. They are easier to find from the ground though.

The Imp's in the area will drop the final 5th letter. This is the Love Letter from a Forlorn Wife. You can only have 1 of these on your character at a time.

Get Dragon Tooth
    Go to Ulfheim and at the default entrance is the NPC Kaiser. Speak to him to get his quest for the first time. Once you have finished his quest, you can return to him every 24 hours and return a dragon tooth to him.

Collect Arcane Catalyst
    None reported
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updates:
    12/14/19 Added OP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  2. Toular

Toular Avatar

Nice. Just completed the rune bag quest and the love letters. A dragon tooth is a bit beyond my capabilities at this time. Did the extortion quest a long time ago - I took the "no virtue hit" route.

Ellrynn, Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

1. Go find a siege encounter.
    2. Talk to a scout - near the entrances to get the quest.
    3. Fight the siege engineers there to collect enough arcane catalyst - 18.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  4. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I guess the repeatable random encounter quests should be added to the list too.
    After fighting the last wave in a random encounter there is a chance that an NPC appears. Either a merchant or one of three NPCs who are offering a quest.

Ecology
    Delivering a certificate of attendance to one of the by the NPC mentioned Magic Shops. E.g. Britany Estates the magic shop southwest of the north-gate
    At the shops merchant you have to answer 3 questions about the ecology of the scene.
    Just as a hint you have to click the keyword "question" to continue. The NPC is not automatically continuing after you answered the first question.
    I think 4000xp and 200 gold is the reward

or

Headhunter
    Delivering the bounty slip to one of the by the NPC mentioned Headhunter offices. E.g. Britany Estates south of the west-gate
    You are asked if you did it alone or in a group to split the reward or keep it just for yourself.
    I think 4000xp and 200 gold is the solo-reward

or

Pilgrim
    Delivering the membership card to one of the by the NPC mentioned pilgrims. E.g. Brookside at the harbor
    I think 4000xp and 200 gold is the reward

As far as I know you can do these quest multiple times a day and you can have all three quests simultaneously active but you have to finish e.g. the headhunter quest before you can get another headhunter quest item.

Anpu, Sean Silverfoot and Numa like this.
  5. Aldo

Aldo Avatar

The siege quest pays good exp and gold. Turn in 18 arcane catalyst a day. You can collect 18 per pass through, or 17 if you want to avoid an encounter with a cabalist.

Anpu, Sean Silverfoot and Numa like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

As stated specifically in this guide, I'm only going to list quests that can be done once a day (in general). The specific quests, from doing Roving (Overland) Encounters can be done at any time endlessly (as long as a random NPC does appear, once you clear the wave battles). Those are not once a day. But that is some good information to know (if a person didn't know that). :)

I will however probably put that in a separate guide, a list of repeatable quests. As well as any others.

Elgarion, Chatele and Alley Oop like this.