Player Basics - Speaking to the Oracle Daily

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Anpu, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Player Basics - Speaking to the Oracle Daily

This guide will go over the basics on how to speak to the Oracle and answer her correctly correctly and receive a daily reward of gold and Experience. This guide will be quick, easy and fast to get you going right away.

Speaking to the Oracle Daily

[​IMG]

You can visit any Oracle Conservatory in any town (or Player Owned Town) that has one, and speak to her every 24 Earth hours and take her "test". If you answer this test correctly, you will receive gold and XP (of note, this is Adventure AND Crafting experience).

Before taking her test, make sure you know how you are currently standing in each of the 3 Virtues. She will give you this information, you just need to ask her first.

It's important to note, that her report about your standing in the 3 Virtues, is based on the actions you are doing and have done in the game.

How to see your Virtue

Speak to the Oracle in a Conservatory. She will give you her default greeting message:

The Oracle: Yes, hello, Asar Utet. Do you seek my counsel on the path before you? Perhaps you are here regarding my protection? I can also test you on your knowledge of yourself, if you so wish.

Next, type in the word truth. She will then respond with a message that you either find this specific Virtue important or not. This response is dependent on how your Virtue in Truth currently stands.

The Oracle: Truth, without which communication with each other is a wasted endeavor. The elves of the Vertas plain search for the truth of their lives. How will you guide them? What example will you show?
    The Oracle: I have observed your actions regarding your journey towards the nature of truth. What I have witnessed in general shows that you consider this virtue important. I have also witnessed the impact of a recent decision you have made: You gave a grieving widow the last possessions of her beloved. How this will reflect on your exploration of this virtue is up to you.

For this specific player, they are currently following Truth. The Oracle specifically states "you consider this virtue important".

Next, type in the word love. She will then respond with a message that you either find this specific Virtue important or not. This response is dependent on how your Virtue in Love currently stands.

The Oracle: Love, the guiding principle of our need to be with another. The land of Ardoris is beset with the consequences of love forsaken. Yours is the path of Love. How will you guide them? What example will you show?
    The Oracle: I have watched as you have continued on your journey towards the nature of love. What I have witnessed in general shows that you consider this virtue important. I have also witnessed the impact of a recent decision you have made: You returned to someone a keepsake that was thought lost. How this will reflect on your exploration of this virtue is up to you.

For this specific player, they are currently following Love. The Oracle specifically states "you consider this virtue important".

Next, type in the word courage. She will then respond with a message that you either find this specific Virtue important or not. This response is dependent on how your Virtue in Courage currently stands.

The Oracle: Courage, without which we fall to our own devices of those who seek to take all that we value. The island of Norgard is struggling with the need for courage in their darkest hour. How will you guide them? What example will you show?
    The Oracle: I have witnessed your actions regarding your journey towards the nature of courage. What I have witnessed in general shows that you consider this virtue important. I have also witnessed the impact of a recent decision you have made: You decided your needs were more important than another's rest. How this will reflect on your exploration of this virtue is up to you.

For this specific player, they are currently following Courage. The Oracle specifically states "you consider this virtue important".

Taking the test

Now that we know how we stand in all three Virtues, we can now take her "test" and answer correctly. Type in the word test.

She will ask you a question about one of the three Virtues (this is completely random). Since you now know how you stand in all three Virtues, answer her question correctly.

The Oracle: I have observed your actions while walking along the Path of Courage. Do you feel your actions demonstrate how to live according to the Virtue of Courage? Simply respond 'Yes I do', or 'No I do not'.

Asar Utet: Yes

The Oracle: My observations confirm you are following the Path of Courage, Asar Utet. Here is a small reward. Please return tomorrow if you would like to take this test again.

For this specific player, they are following the Courage Virtue (she reported that I find this Virtue important). I answered Yes, and that was the correct answer.

And that's all you need to know about taking the test every day correctly! So you can head off now and go do that and go get your reward daily. Again, you can take this test every 24 Earth hours.

I'll now go into some further details if you want more information, but the above information is just the basic information you need to take the test.

Consequences of your actions

When you ask the Oracle about each of the Virtues, she will specifically remember the last action you did that effected a specific Virtue. Whether it was negative or a positive action. She will always mention an impact on a recent decision you have made:

Truth
    I have also witnessed the impact of a recent decision you have made: You gave a grieving widow the last possessions of her beloved. How this will reflect on your exploration of this virtue is up to you.

Love
    I have also witnessed the impact of a recent decision you have made: You returned to someone a keepsake that was thought lost. How this will reflect on your exploration of this virtue is up to you.

Courage
    I have also witnessed the impact of a recent decision you have made: You decided your needs were more important than another's rest. How this will reflect on your exploration of this virtue is up to you.

In this example for this character, when they asked about Truth, Love and Courage, she responded with this information for each Virtue. It's pretty easy to see which actions are giving you positive virtue, and which actions are giving a negative virtue.

You are free to follow these Virtues however you want to play. It's all up to you!

How to raise or lower your Virtues

As seen above, by asking the Oracle every day about your three Virtues, you will soon discover which of your actions are effecting your Virtue. I'll also share some other quick and easy ways to raise (or lower them):

Truth
    To raise your Truth Virtue, when speaking to an NPC for the first time, type the phrase My name is YOUNAMEHERE. For example, I have a character named Asar Utet. When I speak to an NPC for the first time, I type in My name is Asar Utet. You must type in your full name.

Most NPC's will acknowledge you have told them your name. But some do not. But it's good practice to just tell all NPC's you meet your full name.

To lower your Truth Virtue, follow the above example, but give the NPC a name that is not your actual characters name. For example, I have a character named Asar Utet. When I speak to an NPC for the first time, I type in My name is Fred Smith.

Love
    Many of the larger towns (not Player Owned Towns), have Beggars in them. Simply speak to the Beggar, they will ask for you to give them 1 gold. You can then give them 1 gold (raise Love), or refuse to give them 1 gold (lower Love). You can only do this once a day.

Courage
    I DO know of one thing of which the Oracle DOES mention. And that is killing Satyrs (who are controlling Fauns near by) will raise your Courage. Killing Fauns (that are controlled by Satyrs near by) will lower your Courage.

At this time, this is all the information I have on this specific one. I will update this if more information becomes available.

Developer Sannio also revealed a few daily things you can do to effect your Virtue once daily:

Your virtue is affected when giving/refusing a beggar a coin, but only once a day. Beggars are in a few cities throughout the world.

Your virtue is affected when giving/refusing a news hawker a tip, but only once a day. News hawkers are currently only in Aerie.

Your virtue is affected when telling/not telling some innkeepers "about your day," but only once a day. Innkeepers of this type are in a few cities throughout the world.

I believe (but I do not know this for 100% fact), finishing all 3 Outskirts areas main quests (you get a Banner for each Virtue for each Outskirts area you finish, this is how you know if you have finished the Main quest for each Outskirts area), may also raise each of those Virtues as well. I do know from creating an entire new account, and playing though all 3 Outskirts areas (and receiving all 3 Banners), I then spoke to the Oracle about the three Virtues, and she reported that I was following all 3 of the Virtues. If you do not wish to be a virtuous Avatar, you can still finish all 3 Outskirts areas, but follow the above suggestion to then lower the virtue/s of your choice.

And that's all the basics of taking the Oracle's daily test as well as how to monitor and modify your Virtue!

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions on this, or I didn't make something very clear.

My other guides:
    Anpu's Guides to Getting Started - The Outskirts and Beyond

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Good job on the Oracle basics @Jaesun , and a smart way to start your SotA day ! ;)

Lesni, Synergy Blaize and Jaesun like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's been some confusion in the past about "the path you are on" regarding the oracle vs the quest path one starts on, e.g. "i'm not on the path of courage because i started at solace bridge." it's worth noting that when the oracle asks, it's not referring to whether you are in the midst of the {virtue}-line quests or not, but just how you have expressed that virtue in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.