The MAGE skills

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

heres another skill set i have been working on based on complaints about mages :)

Mage Builds (again theres are probably some spells out there already)

------------------------------------Flame Strike---------------------------------------------
    Magic Missiles--------------------Blindness----------------------------Shield------------
    Lightening Strike-------------------Freeze-------------------------------Fog--------------
    Fireball------------------------------Ice Shards-------------------------Wall of Stone----
    Forked Lightening-----------------Earth Elemental------------------Wall of Ice--------
    Erupt Ground-----------------------Ice Elemental--------------------Wall of Fire-------
    ---------------------------------------Fire Elemental--------------------Force Cage-------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitions-
    Magic Missiles- up to 6 missiles based on points. Damage also based on points.
    Forked lightening- (AOE)
    Erupt Ground- (AOE) lava erupts from ground under opponents and damages them.
    Ice Shards- (AOE) shower of ice shards at opponents doing damage.
    Shield- Magic Shield around caster, or friend. deflecting, interruption and melee damage only.
    Fog- Causes a fog that reduces attack of opponents.
    Force Cage- magical cage around opponents that does electrical damage, and holds them in place.

I want the mages to have single attacks as well as the aoe's. With some protection while wearing cloth.

there's always room for adjustment :) Also some skills we already have to fill the slots im sure, just goingoff top of my DM head!

2. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I'd like to see more interesting spells, like flesh to stone and polymorh, maybe some charms and illusions like ghost sound and silent image , as well as a whole slew of none combat related spells like, create water, create food, magic lock, knock, scrying!, dimension door, true seeing, fly(those this is most likely to expoitable lol) , spider climb, obscurring mist and my favorite suggestion is illusionary script, intended only for a certain reader ;)

it would be great to be able to cast spells on the envirnment as well.

3. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I also think more can be done with reagants, maybe focus items for certain spells, like a spider eye, it doesnt get consumed when you scry on someone like the other reagants but with out it you can't cast the spell.

blaquerogue and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm all for ritual magic of any kind.

Magic shouldn't just be damage and buff spells.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I want rift magic in the moon tree.

I want circle of protections in the elemental ones.

I want social magic as emotes from innate abilities.

I want weather magic for farming.

I want crafting magic like runes.

I want, well, more magic-magic and not just combat magic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.