1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mysterious Chamber at the Confluence

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by Scottie, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Thank you so much!

Since this is posted in Dev+, would it be ok for us to share those images and information publicly?

As far as the audio, you guys do have a SoundCloud account.

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Ice Queen likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Scottie likes this.
  4. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

You're welcome! The seven thrones were specifically for the seven members of the Cabal of sorcerers that held court deep in the Epitaph, although it seems the Obsidian Eye had his own throne once deep in the chamber containing the Pool of Destiny, which later fell into ruin (the floor collapsing into lava) after the fall of the Obsidians, leaving only the crumbled, floorless chamber holding the stone bowl set to catch the same water that once filled the Pool of Destiny... Don't forget that there were several more thrones (4 in total) in the reception chamber at Hilt, too.... Do you know who the 13 thrones you mentioned were supposed to be for? I'm not sure, myself.... Lum might know... They may have just been a random designer fancy during decoration...

Scottie ^_^

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't know, I felt like the Obsidians being an "order" would be very strict about these types of things. Not that every table had to have 7 seats at it, but the special ones would. This being Midras, I would suspect that Obsidian Chairs would be 7, not more and not less. Just wanted to bring it to your attention thinking that it was probably created by a world builder that missed the memo. :)

Acred likes this.
  6. Browncoat Jayson

The Crypt of the Avatar is the one beneath Midras, which I don't think has any connection with the Obsidians (other than they conquered Midras). Perhaps the Lord Avatar who was buried there had dozen Companions which visited him when he awoke from his dirt nap. Who knows.

I thought the thirteen chairs was a callback to Charlemagne. If they are Obsidian chairs, that might be different. However, there is no reason they SHOULD be, since Midras predated the Obsidians.

Acred likes this.
  7. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

The four thrones in the reception area were for the four generals of the Obsidian Army. Hilt was built as a monument to the Army initially, rather than to the Obsidian Order.

Acred and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  8. Scottie

That's right, Jack.... The Obsidian Generals building Hilt actually pissed off some of the Cabal, and was evident of the rift growing between the two forces within the Obsidians... A presage to their downfall, if you will....

9. Scottie

I believe you can share them, since we already shared that info publicly during the Telethon...

Heh! You guys know more than I do about our SoundCloud account, so I'll have to look into that and see what I can do... (I'm a bit of a luddite at heart, you know... I literally recorded my recent attempt I was going to try to post in our echoing elevator shaft here at work on my iPhone... ^_^) At least, for now, Jayson uploaded what I said during the Telethon here for you... Thanks Browncoat Jayson!!!!

Scottie ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.