The new town "Sieges" are not really sieges, sorry they are just another encounter.

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Weins201, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Hm. That reads a lot like "You think calling it a town siege is misleading? Get over it, and stop talking about it."

Honestly, Berek, that feels surprisingly dismissive coming from a dev/community manager. Why can't a member complain because a feature isn't turning out to be the way he (justifiably) thought it was going to?

2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The OP is free to suggest a new title of course.

3. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

Again I don't see the reason for the big fuzz here. Alrighty, you have expected some more from this first shot for adding this new feature. Maybe something like those instanced super-cool stuff you have seen in other games like Wow, DaoC or whereever you might come from... What we have here is a fist version, a first shot, a first try. Will de devs find this "satisfieable"? Probably not. It's not an easy task with lots of problems and issues to be solved. So why not give this first shot a first look and give some constructive feedback so the devs get an idea what is working, and what not. Yes, of course you are free and meant to discuss your expectations about this topic, too. But pleast stop raining all death and oblivion about a feature that is obviously not even close to it's final version... this will lead to nothing.

Fister Magee and Miracle Dragon like this.
  4. Sakarisei

Sakarisei Avatar

Well... tbh, I'd like to see sieges made by players too, and not just by NPCs. It's okay that NPCs can annoy many times to POTs, but we must remember that this game is, iirc, focused mainly in PVP, so sieges made by players should be a high priority imo. Furthermore, losing the house by losing the siege map should be a risk in those sieges, mainly because I don't imagine people hiding in the houses, even the siege is won by the NPCs.

I'm sorry if I'm doing some mistakes in this post, but I hope we can see more PVP from guilds conquering Novia and/or Hidden Vale...

Rada Torment likes this.
  5. Numa

Numa Avatar

I can see this happening to PvP towns but very unlikely in the case of non-PVP ones. What would make sense to me are NPC sieges of non-PVP towns and player sieges of PvP ones. This way everyone gets the kind of gameplay they signed up for.

6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Maybe the town sieges should be renamed to blockades. Would make more sense.

When hearing about town sieges, I think of this:

[​IMG]

Rada Torment and Boris Mondragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.