The value for PvP what don't produce Misery from PvE'ers?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Stundorn, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

sure agree, but then in PvE Zones lets drop Gear for PvE too.

That said, do you want split gear for PvE/P?

2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

PvE zones *already* drop gear for PvE.

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

You mean that rusty, shoddy and "normal" stuff?
    But what would the PvP Gear then special about?

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ok ill bite........Lets go over PVP first.

You have to actively flag for PVP! So no one can say i was forced into PVP!

Wants and Needs are 2 different things, I want that trophy/resource etc..., but i do not need it to play or enjoy this game.

Now for PVP wants, this is my opinion and im sure some others also share them, not everyone, but some. Im going to put them down then put a response from the other side to that and ill let you guys figure out how stupid those differences are..........keep in mind you have to actively flag PVP for these to become a problem.

Full loot - I can clean you out if i want (except for purchased items from add on store, thats real money not fake gold) Counter - but i dont want to lose all my stuff to a kill!!! (solution dont flag pvp)
    I know a lot of people are against the idea of full loot, because you can lose all your stuff and have to replace it! Monsters never drop anything worth anything anyways, it would be nice to have creatures that are tougher to have a lot of gold on them! With the way prices are now on items crafted, or won, its no wonder you can hardly afford to replace items that are feasible! That seems to me as an economy problem.

Titles - the despicable, the honorable etc... just a nice fashion statement and a warning on who your getting ready to fight! This is one thing that doesnt effect the game whether pvp or not! (it does create wants!) in order to get those wants your gonna have to flag period.

Bounty Board - would be awesome, but the bounty has to be placed by the individual wanting that bounty completed, not the game! reason is if the game says "ok level 40 guy is worth 40000k", then that is money paid from the game itself and not an individual, way open for exploit!! But if i have 20000 gold then i could put that up for the bounty, that money would come out of what i have gained from killing things etc.. and if people are gonna exploit that they might as well give 20000k to their friend instead of posting a bounty! So i dont see how that could become exploitable if its my money that i have on my character?

Timeline (please read whole thing before raging) - if you flag PVP you have to stay pvp for a day or two after you go to remove the flag! a 48 hour period is suffice, once the 48 hours is up you automatically revert to PVE ( i dont see a problem with that at all) same with going to PVE from pvp, a 48 hour period of pvp until automatically switched to PVE. that is fair on both sides.

In General monsters should have a tier of treasure based on their level/ example hardened skeletal mages should have more gold and more special items than a grunt skeleton in the first few levels!

I still am a firm believer of randomly spawning somewhere in a scene upon rez, most pvp/pkrs wont like that since they cannot predict where you will spawn and rez kill you! ( i understand! now they have to work harder to figure our where you will spawn, oh the complications of a PK!! That also would give the victim a chance at a surprise attack on the guy that killed them!) I dont see any problems there either.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PVE -

Again monsters should have a tier of treasure based on their level as described above.

There should be places where there are high level items that do not require being flagged to get. ( for those that absolutely will not PVP) ( Not same items as in PVP) that way if PVP want it they will have to un flag to get it that seems pretty damn fair to me!? (yes it falls under the want category for both sides)

Bounty Board - (whoa! What how?) Heres how, players can put on their boards looking for 1000 silver ore ill pay 10000gp for it! (but again that money has to come from the player only not the game itself!

Random Spawning is not needed since you can rez at an ankh in PVE that has no monsters waiting to kill you.

Titles - We have them already. The title for PVP are like warning signals to other PVP (red/blue) but if you flag pvp you can get those as well.

Timeline - i think is quite fair. for both sides. (Thats the reasons i really didnt include them in the PVE part here, it works both ways!)

Quest lines specific to the story for PVE- (most pvp people that just like to fight each other could care less about the story line in the game while in PVP) they are making their own stories by killing each other for whatever reason. Again if PVP want those quest lines they can unflag, simple solution.

Side note...........

No deco should be pvp/pve specific (except skulls of the victims you kill)

I am open for discussion on what i posted here, not fighting, i am so totally bored with forum fights by this time, ive been here for quite sometime it gets really old fast. I am open to new ideas as long as it doesnt effect either PVP or PVE in a way that it breaks the game or becomes unfair to either side. Sometimes if you want something you have to go get it (not that you really need it in this game but want it!)

majoria70 likes this.
  5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Pretty pricey for a staff. That must be nice!

6. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

what do you guys think of a No Loot PvP option? will it encourage non-PvPers to at least give it a shot since there is no risk of losing anything...???

Stundorn likes this.
  7. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Im not for no loot. But since some people unstack and some dont or dont understand that concept, it would be nice to have a kind of limit to no exceed in therm of ransom. Some player cant afford paying more than X gold. Should be 100 gold each 10 level of the player imo. level 1-10 pay 100 gold ransom max, 11-20 200, etc lvl 100 pay 1000. I think anyone at that level can afford that much. We could also limit it at 500.

If a newbie farm in a shardfall and collect ton of obsidian that worth alot when they drop it and if they drop a good piece with it its done for them. Its gonna cost their arm. Same thing if someone buy a deed or something with a big value in town and drop it. Thats the kind of thing that make you rage quit.

I could also add that killing someone and getting 100 gold isnt really worth it. He might not get dry looted knowing he already got nothing.

kaeshiva likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

NO! Thats my opinion. Why go kill someone if you cant get their stuff? Im all about getting some people into PVP if they want too, but im not going to give up my right and my game style just to get somone into PVP that will probably never want to go PVP anyways. There has to be some kind of sacrifice if your going out to kill people. By making no loot then there is no purpose for PVP! There is duel option if you just want go around and say "YAY i just killed you" that would be a good place to put the no looting. Looting is a major part of PVP in some form as far as im concerned. It would also take away the risk that i like when going into a PVP area or flagging PVP, personally i dont care about dieing or losing stuff, its just part of PVP.

9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

[​IMG]

Numa likes this.
  10. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

That staff needs a name.

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@blaquerogue @devilcult actually if the don't balance the system and make it possible for casualgamers to match up to min max hardcore gamers PvP is only for a minority who are willing to min max and do not care for a "authentic class based" character.

No accusation/ special pointing on that fact, but then i think most players are out , including me.
    My time hardcore pvping is over, if i ever was seriously in.

What i wish for pvp in SotA is a mediocre way and a limiting factor such as a good soft cap to make it for everybody possible to be competetive one day and that not spent time, fotm skills choice and gear make the difference but playerskill.
    Actually playerskill counts in after you made an optimally build char neglecting authentic "class based" characters .

Yes we have a classless system, but if PvP means I am forced to build that fotm char I am definitely out.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

That's the Staff of the SeiĆ°men of the Brotherhood of the Grey Path :D

@Corp Por will make you one, he has nice wands at his Vendor in Owl's at the Market too.

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I would be happy to be able to loot 3 or 4 things from thier pack/body. Stuff that you bought with real money should not be lootable, it should not also be better than something crafted (wanted add that) so you can see i feel you keep what you bought with real money, the stuff youve crafted or found can be crafted or found again. Also if you go into pvp areas you should not bring stuff you cant replace! It was attainable at one time and so can be attained again. Thats just the breaks if you lose in a pvp fight. It would be nice to have titles based on if your good or bad that would be superficial and wouldnt effect one side or the other! I kind of liked the way UO did it - if you just go on killing spree you get evil type names and a red color, if your defending yourself against an attack then it should not be considered evil or bad if you kill somone in the process. the good people had a blue color and the bad had red. This was good cause you would know who the spree killers are and could hunt them down with a bump on your good meter, vice versus with evil people that killed others just becuase got a bump on thier evil meter.

This would open for a bounty board as well for either side good or evil. Personally everything takes so long in this game, unless your constantly playing and honing your skills it could be a long time to match the best of the best. (everything takes so long in this game!)

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

On the other hand like PVP if you spend hours crafting you get better at it and a higher skill level- so i dont see the difference between the two as far as how good you are or not. Honestly i am not at the top of the PVP pyramid, I get killed more than i kill but i am better at PVP becuase my one character has devoted time to PVP instead of crafting and questing ( i think ive done 10 easy fast quests and that was it, and i suck at crafting so there you have it between crafting, questing and PVP, im better at PVP than the other two (because i spent time working on it) and im a firm supporter of others making gear for me to buy! So all my gold goes to the players more so than the NPCs! Youe welcome crafters! :D I fully support any crafting needs you have!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.