Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The "What I Love About SotA/R26" Thread

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Solstar, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Lets use this thread to talk about the things we like about the game, and about the mass of changes in R26. The things we think have either been done well, or have improved in a positive way. We'll save the critiques for elsewhere. And remember, not everyone has the same idea about positive changes.

Let's keep it uplifting, folks.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Archery changes! Well, actually the idea, since I haven't really tried it all out yet.

I also love that I was able to grab a couple really nice lots this morning. :)

cartodude, KuBaTRiZeS and 4EverLost like this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I often write negative stuff - because I want those things be made better.

But I actually had some fun playing SotA. I started with the Courage part. By minimizing the UI so that there is nothing on the screen except for the compass and using backpack mode the game slowly starts to feel like a single player game, too. With a real dialogue window and the chat being removed from offline play, this could work. Of course there still need to be lots more details, things to discover in the scenes and the quests need to be more fleshed out (why is the bard having the key for the gates?) but I can see SotA becoming a good game.
    Multiple savegames, sleeping to advance time, interesting NPCs with schedules and cities that feel more distinct and unique would be another big step for SotA to actually become a good single player game, too. Still I remain sceptical and will point out what I don't like.

4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I loved that all the Archery skills are finally in! (now if only we could convince them to use less arrows for the final skills....)

I loved that I only need 1 type of arrows! (but I miss the ability to be cheap and not use any arrows)

I loved that I could buy arrows in bundles! (and never again am I ever going to try to buy out the store - especially if I don't have a house or a chest set-up. Though it was interesting that the bank could hold all of those arrows - all 20K of them:eek: although it wouldn't let me put in anything else after that.)

I loved that I could eat and have effects! (but the constipation.....)

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I've only explored a little bit so far, but I LOVE Aerie. So incredibly breathtaking and huge. This was a really well put together scene and I love it.

Thanks Portalarium for a terrific release! :D

4EverLost, Sir Cabirus and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  6. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

I liked all the notes and papers to read giving us backstory to the region in the starting area.

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The list will grow, but for my first couple of hours of play:

I love Aerie so much that I toyed with the idea of placing my add-on store row lot there. But practicality won out so I defaulted once more to Ardoris because of easier access to a greater number of beginner adventure scenes at the present time.

I loved starting out as a mage and actually being able to do damage with my spells. Little brown spiders, come and get me, I dare you!

I loved harvesting Maple tree bark and Pine tree bark in beginner areas. (I hope they are still used in dye recipes.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.