Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thieving Skill

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Cupid, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

aka: "Don't like it, leave!"

I personally don't care how "okay" you think it is. There's clearly a problem, otherwise we wouldn't be pointing stuff out. Brushing off issues with mediocrity will not help this game.

Nice talking to you.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Patch notes says this bug is fixed. Everyone can relax now. :)

Relentless, Oba Evesor and Time Lord like this.
  3. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

That isnt what I said. Youre not hearing valid points because you don't want to accept that their valid and your desire to dilute the unknown variables in pvp to increase your chances of winning (or not failing) aren't realistic.

Nice talking to you as well. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

First of all, it's a very realistic and reasonable goal. Second, that's not my goal: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...he-r30-hangout-today.52280/page-6#post-572549

If you're not flagged PvP, you should not be capable of PvPing as you're telling the entire system (and those playing within in) that you're not participating. Just like a player should NOT be able to steal from another player in PvE as the very nature of that act is specifically PvP.

My goal? Promoting a system that makes sense.

Right back at you.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. icekiss

icekiss Avatar

Well, interesting.
    Now that I found that thread, I know where all my items went sometime yesterday. I only noticed it when I could not cast the air elemental because all the ingredients were gone.

I was really thinking hard whether I could narrow down the time window when they went missing, or anything else to allow me to file a bug.
    Fortunately I don't think I was carrying anything too valuable around with me. I assume the time window for reclaiming it from the oracle is long gone, right? Would have been nice if there was some kind of UI indicator that there was something to reclaim... o_O

Steam doesn't want to finish the update and is idling at 12kb/s, so it'll be a bit before I can have a look ingame (waiting for the update to finish is when I discovered this thread).

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is it really fixed?

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Relentless

Relentless Avatar

Confirmed you can no longer pickpocket non-pvp flagged avatars.

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Truly theft really isn't too bad if the ransoms are lower than PvP kill looting.

If it is just a 100 gold for a stack of 50 reagents that seems reasonable but still annoying, and could make a huge difference in a combat if you didn't notice all or most of your black pearls are gone. Although if they loot a potion of the obsidiaslns right after purchasing then that might make me want to res kill murder over and over again on that creep.

However it makes spells like reveal much more useful since thieves might be sneaking in places like that, and quite frankly I like that.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  9. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Hey @Relentless,

Was that you standing next to me outside of Northwood a few hours ago? Someone commented about the siege, saying "nice bonfire" and I saw a message that I had been pickpocketed. I didn't think anything of it until I saw on my skilltree that it was only usable in PvP. I wanted to check and see if you were able to pickpocket anything? Or will I still see the message if you try to pickpocket a non-PvP avatar? I can't 100% remember the name of the avatar, but I think it was Relentless. I'm wondering if I should report it as a bug?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

If you were pickpocketed you should see that an item is in "the Price of the Oracle". You should be able to access this screen simply by hitting the period button on the keypad (remember to have num lock on).

If you have never gone into a PVP zone or flagged for PVP, then you should report this as a bug if there's an item on that screen.

Pebbles likes this.
  11. Relentless

Relentless Avatar

@Pebbles, a thief always has his ways! You can prove nothing!

Pebbles likes this.
  12. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! :-D

13. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Cool, thanks! I checked right after it happened and see anything on The Price of the Oracle. If that is empty then it means it wasn't successful, even though I saw the alert message?

14. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The Price of the Oracle should have an item in it if you had something stolen.

But you shouldn't be getting an alert message. I think that's worth submitting a bug report. Describe everything you can remember about where you were and what happened and let Portalarium check the logs. If it's bugged and not working as expected, we wouldn't know what was going on, or what was "safe".

Pebbles likes this.
  15. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

No item, but I defintely did get an alwrt message. I will submit a bug report with as much detail as I can remember and volunteer to be a test victim if they want to try recreating it. :)

Thanks for the info and explanations!

16. Relentless

Relentless Avatar

I'd be happy to relieve you of your trinkets for testing if you like...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.