Thinking about pvp // full loot // karmastatus

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Tupelo, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

I'm sorry, are you saying that the mandatory full loot option for PvP would be innovative? I thought that including features from games literally decades old would count as retrospective.

cam2009 and Katrina Bekers like this.
  2. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I did not say that.

I said:

The sad thing about this 1000 vs 99 000 argument - it is counterproductive thinking if you want something new, something unique, or something different or innovative

I think it is pretty clear what i mean in my post.

Dean Hall , Game Developers says it this way:

“I don’t care what the market is doing,” Hall told a crowd of developers and industry people at the SlushPlay gaming conference in Iceland this past week. “I don’t care what the competitors are doing. I don’t care what the numbers show. I just care about what I want to play.”

I believe this was the same thinking Richard had when he made his first games.

I think it was the same thinking how Ultima Online was created.
    They thought : I want to make this, because i would play it myself!

And that is how i think you approach it. :)

Today all is very mass focused, and the Full Loot PvP means for me: Our Game Developers wo created Ultima Online loved the first idea of it.
    But had to decide - do i love my game, or do i need to grow User and change the game i love to appeal to the mass .

This Crowdsourcing must be a truly different experience for our Game Developes.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  3. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

That IS in fact how I approach this! Would I want to play this game? Can SotA drag my gaming hours away from League of Legends, replaying Fallout3 and New Vegas, or even playing Risk or Ultimate Tic Tac Toe.

Right now the answer is no, but I log in to play as if I was doing household chores, to check the progress on making the game fun. If they ever succeed, I'll be thrilled, if they don't at least I tried.

I have to say, though, that as one of the 99,000 in this PARTICULAR example, that being forced to endure full loot would instantly have the game uninstalled. This has been rehashed HUNDREDS of times, and I don't get why this thread hasn't been moved into PvP by now.

There is absolutely no chance of non-consensual PvP, the devs have stated how they intend to do looting, and there is no point in whining about this. We just have to endure another round of protesters on the sidewalk chanting about "Full Loot is Fun" or the "False Dalai Lama" or some other such thing each and every time a new member of that community joins the forums.

I welcome the extra minds and voices, but can't we at least put this in the forum it belongs in???? Or better yet have the 1000 stop trying to proselytize us every chance they get.

An online, multiplayer, sharded and instanced version of SotA with ZERO PvP is desired by a large enough market to justify the server space. A second, larger group want the right to hop in and out of that world, visiting more PvP zones as they like. And finally there is a smaller group, non insignificant, larger I think than the purely NO folks, who want PvP all the time. They deserve their own server as well. As the game grows, probably more such servers, in all three categories. And I want them all to have that fun.

I think, however, that as much as pure creativity is nice, market pressures deserve to be considered. Those 99,000 have a right to want a game that suits them. There's a reason they are the larger group, and it's not a derogatory one.

Weins201, Xandra7 and Katrina Bekers like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.