Thinking about quitting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alrick, Jan 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

This is a forum, everyone here cares. If not, there would be no posts.

I might expressed myself in a bad way, I just wanted to make people aware that the game isnt even finished, and they are complaining about it. Its too soon to complain.

And in a way I agree with you too, opinions are like asses, everyone has one.

2. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

When is the right time to bring up any issues then? People will be saying the game won't be finished until after Episode 5. So how many releases past 5 must we wait before bringing anything up?

Ajivani and Paladin Michael like this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Hehe exactly, one does not have to care to have an opinion and thats why there is alot of bad quality feedback, also keep in mind that in 4 years of development, we are well aware of the repetitive nature of feedback and the deepening of its inherent symmetry and political nature.

That is why we want to encourage people to come on here and drop what they have, regardless if its repetitive or just another ragequit post. Because else, if the social pressure is too high that is one less feedback and one less chance that some people see a reflection of their own feedback in someone else's opinion and be inclined to participate.

It can then be moderated, moved or responded to accordingly by the community and devs.

In short we weren't born from the last rain :) we can take some flames...

Oeneusc and Paladin Michael like this.
  4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I think it's good to share thoughts about everything concerning - in a good way - and as soon as possible.
    There is a difference between negative complaining, constructive feedback and bug reporting.
    Complaining about bugs, I never tried to report is a good example for an illogical way to go ...

The more concrete feedback and examples, the higher the chances it will be changed in another way.

Unfortunately there are insulting threads/posts. I am sure, most writers don't want to do it, but disappointed of their expectations, they are often driven by negative emotions ...
    Sometimes it happens, of course you never wanted to do something in this direction!
    These days I got my first uninviting from a (public) thread and I really was confused about this, because I wasn't outside the thread theme.
    At last I was asked why I am attacking someone (in fact someone, who writes very offensive posts) - and I wondered again, how different words are interpreted ...
    My question, what exactly gave the appearance of that wasn't answered. It seems always easier to claim something without explanation. Communication often is not easy :(

Well, it is sad to read such threads or posts over the time, because they show how unheard people feel about their concerns.

Unfortunately there are not enough people to handle it in another way - yet.
    May be something like a kind of FAQ and SERIOUS answers to serious concerns would be a good solution to show, concerns are heard ..
    Talking about what made people angry or fearing - in a good way - would be more satisfying for a lot of people, I assume ...
    Especially helpful before the point they are thinking/writing "about quitting" is reached ...
    May be a "one (serious) hour" where developers take time to discuss about special concerns (high frequented threads/pollings) and how they will be seen from Portalariums perspective, would be helpful?
    We will see :)

Understanding is no one-way street ...

"Well, the world turns..." (Elvis Presley)

Ahuaeynjgkxs, Xandra7 and Mykll like this.
  5. Numa

Numa Avatar

6. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    We used to get posts like this all the time on stratics forums etc.
    Personally, I'd hang around till release 1 at least maybe a few builds after that.

You might consider taking a break (ie don't sell your account just yet).
    Personally if I feel a little burnt out on SOTA, I just take a break.

My favorites to alternate between are,

Path of Exile
    Secret World Legends
    Lost Sphear
    Spintires: Mudrunner

I paint in Corel Painter every now and then. Sometimes you need
    a break from gaming in general.

On the other hand if you need to leave, farewell for now.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

this is the problem no one should feel burnt out in this game, it is still in development which means things should progress and get better (they are not)

to many players are actually just not even here anymore, and even though you are just hanging back and pop in every so often, you have not yet really taken the bait and stick around because why??

That is the problem and it is not getting fixed.

The Niche sticks around and vehemently opposes any neigh saying, in the end they will be alone unless something changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.