Thinking about resetting my quests

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Stabbath, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

I seemingly ran out of quests to do that are doable. My exp pool has been sinking, not growing past few days. I've done all the outskirts and started, truth, courage, love questlines. Picked up all side quests I came across. Figure I've missed some side quests, but dunno for sure. There a list of quests by tier I can look through, that gives starting location and npc? Rather look through this before resetting quests. Thanks.

2. Nick

Nick Avatar

https://ladykathleenrealm.com/shroud-of-the-avatar-quests/

Tried them yet? :D

For a sinking XP Pool, perhaps you could visit a higher tier scene. Or if you are in a town and see someone with an obscene Health or Focus, you could ask him or her to take you along for their next grind. You can observe and learn.

Feeyo, Jaesun and majoria70 like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm not sure why you would want to re-set your quests. I've been here since 2013 and quest re-setting was established for broken, changed, fixed, and updated quests being in our journals. Lots of changes over the years and some wanted a fresh start.

You can find quests by exploring in many Npc towns like owlshead has some. Braemar has a few. These are towns in Hidden Vale which was the first map in the game.

There are side quests in some scenes to do also. Of course not as many as I feel we should have. If you love questing explore and do these. Some are cute like the witches quest and lost horse quest.

And as mentioned if xp is dwindling you are either training too many things and draining your pool or you are in too low of tier scenes to gain enough xp for your skill levels and character level. So perhaps set skills to not train and build your pool back up again.

Jaesun, Kara Brae and oplek like this.
  4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

You've probably got a lot of questing ahead of you. To get back on track, I reckon there are two good options: pick at the looae threads in your journal until you pick up a chain, or go visit the hospitallers on discord and write out the quests in your journal. I suspect the first option would be less tedious.

If I were in your shoes, though, I'd ride the rails a bit. Take a nice long walk across Novia/hidden vale and look for anything with four skulls or less. Jump in, test your mettle, seek our puzzles and quests. You'll come out the other end a different man altogether.

I do envy the new adventurer.

majoria70 likes this.
  5. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Since you are fairly new, you are probably training too many skills at once. Open your skill tree windows and select the green arrow that is next to all skills and set to "-" (Not learn), Don't select the red down arrows because that is unlearn. Just set everything you have with a green arrow to the "-" (Not learn) except the one or two you want to raise. The innate skills (ones that raise by doing something else) cost 4x the XP points of the non-innate.

Stay in the areas that are yellow to you and kill stuff.

Feeyo, Lord Trady of Blix and Jaesun like this.
  6. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

I've disabled a lot of skills early on. rerolled many times even because I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I wanted to reset my quests because besides stumbling on two quests today in a previous area (which I was happy about), I have been running around in barren towns for hours/few days talking to npcs and not getting any.

I'll try Owl's head if I can find it. I hear it's hard to get to. Through a portal you have to wait a long time on, or has this changed?

There is a lot of towns in the middle of the map I haven't frequented. Are there a lot of quests there or no? Maybe I've just had bad luck running into many many seemingly barren and unfinished areas. I'll give Owl's head a try first, then look at the other suggestions. Thanks all.

7. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

oh, one of my issues may be some of my gear. I am having a very hard time finding needed molds and recipes that aren't over priced (seemingly) for two handed sword and bows. I can find blades and hilts, but not the mold/pattern and/or recipe for full weapons. If there's a decent area to farm for recipes,molds,patterns that are tier 3 under let me know. Or for decent gear. I can do some tier 4 stuff but not if I get more than two on me and even then I have to use poison, all buffs, potions, food etc. It's slow going too. Rather wait until it's easier to fight a lot in tier 4 areas. I can handle t3 areas fairly well so long as I don't have like 4-7 on me which happened in nightshade pass I think it's called. Had to run. Also a troll there too I didn't bother fighting lol. Although it was tempting :)

8. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

@Stabbath
    Just towns with a banner at the overworld map have possibly quests (that are visible in your journal). I think you are talking about the settlements around Brittany? These are mostly PoTs and that means towns purchased and owned by a player. There are quest possible too but you have to keep track of these avatar made quest by yourself and even if you might get a reward it will not be exp as that cannot be traded between avatars.

You should also visit the low level combat scenes as there can be found quests too.

Many random encounters offer quest rewards if you are able to kill all enemy waves in the scene. Normally a single NPC appears after killing the final wave that is offering e.g. a bounty slip that can be delivered to a NPC town to get some gold and exp but you should be able to survive in T5 scenes before trying that.

To visit Hidden Vale (Owls Head) you can also use a ship I think it was in Brittany to reach Kingsport.

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Stabbath. if your motivation for questing is to try and bolster your XP pool, I think its worth mentioning that questing is probably the very worst way to get XP in the entire game.
    The quest rewards give a pittance of XP for the amount of running around you have to do, not to mention the other...issues...with the quest system.
    Instead, rejoice in the sandbox! You will get more experience giving yourself goals and going and doing them without relying on the npc to mete out a measly few hundred gold / few thousand XP for hours of effort.
    Find me in game (Shimizu) I will be happy to show you some XP acquisition spots and/or give you quests myself for things I need doing...
    Shimcorp is an equal opportunity employer with great quests for all avatars of all levels....

On a completely unrelated note, how do you feel about pie dough?

10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

There are quests in Soltown, Desolis, and Ardoris that should keep you busy for a while if you haven't done them yet. But like others have said, if you're just doing it for xp, that isn't a very efficient way.

If you want to go hunting some time add me to your friends list. I can probably find some scenes for you to solo that would be good xp and fun at your level. Also if you want to try some harder content, you can make over a million xp in an hour in a lot of the higher tier zones if you want to party up.

Windmane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.