Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

This Bug is as Old as the Hills, but I don't see it in "Known Issues"...

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by SmokerKGB, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

6/27/2015 2:17 PM
    Title: Crafting table Bug
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no

Details: When in List mode, and crafting at any table, and using Take All, the items are moved to my inventory, but if I try to pick back up say my smith hammer to craft something else, then all of the items that once was on the table before, returns to the table again. Even if I try to split my stack of resourses, using shift key, all the old items will return to the table.

Steps to Reproduce: Open the smithing table (or any other table), usually my inventory and recipe book opens too. Drag your smith hammer and all your needed supplies to make any item in your book, when the craft button lights press it, repeat by dbl clicking the recipe icon, then press take all (after you've made a couple of the same item). The smith table is now empty, and your items are back in inventory, drag your smith hammer only back to the table, and all your items are returned to the table as if you had never taken them off in the first place. This odd behavior does not happen when manually dragging each item from the table. You can fix this odd behavior by closing/reopenning the crafting table or you inventory.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32723
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU RAM: 4027
    SotA.PreAlpha.Win.64.285.Date.06.26.15

2. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

This isn't a bug per-se.

It's just that all the items removed from the crafting table are highlighted (selected) in your inventory still, and so moving 1 is the same as moving them all.

You need to single click on the smithing hammer before you drag it, if you intend to drag it alone.

Incidentally this is the case for anytime a group of items changes location, even from container to container, inventory, etc ...

SmokerKGB likes this.
  3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I'll have to try that, I don't recall doing that, only trying to split the stack of ore/coal for the next item made... I found that if I just leave the smith hamer and drag off everything else, I can continue to the next item fine...

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Like you said not really a bug items dragged in a Group Stay grouped until another item is clicked, This can actually be useful at times, especially when crafting.

I trick I learned when crafting was have a Chest on the ground near the stations you use (Tailoring, BS, Leather, etc) and drag the whole box into your inventory, this give you access to it ALL and when done, drop the box back down and all the resources stay in Box, cant rem who taught me that but is a nice tool for crafting.

5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yes, it's a selection issue and not a Bug... I clicked on another item before dragging and it was fine... I'll try picking up the entire supply box I have for each trade, but I got a lot of coal, ingots, ore, etc, hope it all fits in my pack...

6. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I should be moved to feedback, because it is a bad design which should be improved. It is not really visible and I know it also from trades and such things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.