Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Time

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Xander Xavier, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

When I consider the number of hour I have spent in this game I can't help but wonder just how much time you are expecting the normal gamer with a job and a family to spend in this game. Consider how long it can take to gather the resource to make one set of plate armor. Now let's talk about making an exceptional suit of armor. If you believe the percentage chances on the crafting table you have a 20%-25% of making an exceptional piece of armor. So multiple the material needed by 5. Of course you will want to enchant and master craft your armor, so expect to destroy about a quarter of the pieces. This means you will be making 5 replacement pieces for each piece destroyed during master crafting or enchanting. This makes for a lot of hours of gaming.

XX

2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Good?
    But really your talking about getting end game gear. Why shouldnt that take a long time?
    it should take at least a few months of build up work.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

:) This will indeed take some time for one person to make an exceptional, master worked, enchanted, suit of armor and weapons.

But while you are trying to make this understand that a simple non exceptional, non master worked, non enchanted suit and weapon will work more than adequately for an extended length of time. During that time you will tweak your template, train different skills and gather more and more resources to eventually make your "Dream" equipment.

So simply this plan they have to have a lasting game that players will play and enjoy is working. It is not an out of the box level up and have a Diablo Hell Level suit in the first few months. That is AWSOME.

I would seriously consider making, and will most likely do exactly this, a simple leather or meatal suit which I can maintain easily enough while gathering more and leveling more over time. I also have the stuff that come with a pledge which is more than sufficient to do all this without making anything :)

Also consider that most of the crafting is still in its infancy and there is so much more coming that what you see now may not even be close to what you want in the end.

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Our End Game Gear~
    [​IMG]

I think that's a really good point... I believe that even with my ability to play 18 hours every day, that these would be more game if I could always search for better, or more custom to my skills I should say. Our evolution of gear is very important to me, because if I can get it all very swiftly, then it really becomes quite a highly disposable sort of thing.

I enjoy the deterioration within our game very much! Even if I get what could be called "end game equipment" this means that my search would never end looking for replacement for when it goes kaput... :confused: Our deterioration also means that I will have to look for long term solution to that proses of replacement or collecting reserve gear for when it matters to me most.

A game with more game left over... "I like that allot" :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Beli likes this.
  5. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Boring .... that's all I can say .... sounds like an endless grind to me reading this post .... Won't be bad if gear lasted a lot longer, and It didn't take Obsidian rares to repair it. I saw the prices of them in-game on vendors, and it is NUTS.... as I thought they would be. After all, people get greedy and sell at ridiculous prices. All the trouble to make special gear, just so they can break. Since they will break, then getting them repaired shouldn't cost an arm and a leg, and a rare. JM2C

Dariog, Snikorts, FrostII and 4 others like this.
  6. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

A listing price does not mean it is selling.

Dariog and Time Lord like this.
  7. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Time. I am a casual player (2 kids) that plays maybe 3 hours a week since last wipe. By myself I made a full set of supple leather and hardened leather combo armor (epic) plus a bronze war hammer with hard maple handle and 2 great axes (meteoric iron and bronze). Started to learn enchanting, Now have 50 gold ingots.
    So 2.5 months of casual play for that? Almost too easy. Once I get my clan playing in December, a team of four will work much faster (or the same when double experience drops). All this is casual, no gms, just up to 70 skill in a few things.

It feels about right to me, but there still needs to be balance, of course, but the time is good.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry but LMAO -

You saw prices that players are asking for them, since not any type of economy is even close to being established, sure 10k sounds about right LoL.

Durability is being worked on as we speak and has been ever since those CotO where implemented for sale . . .

There is not much trouble to make "special" gear it is all what you call special, my plain leather suit with max durability is special since it works GREAT and is easy to maintain.

Sorry but players really need to stop just beating down a system that is not even close to being even 20% implemented, and make intelligent suggestions, as to how to make it work.

CotO are not going away and are going to be used in restoring Durability so don't even bother with that.

Durability needs a lot of work and I still say - - -

Max durability should not go down at all during play only at the time of repair . . .

I wish there was much more diversity in how the materials are being used, sorry but adding Tungsten and Zinc to already created recipes is just a cope out. It would have been better to just leave them with no use until they could have introduce more variety.

The Masterwork / Enchantment are works in progress but I strongly feel the implementation of Seasonal / Location properties is a bad idea. Only locations one I like are like the Obsidian Forge, have on in Rise that give a special property . . . . other than that nope.

Definitely need a serious look at what skill levels for crafting mean - ATM 68 is maxed out and that is not good at all. There is no reason at all to go higher NEEDS FIXING MASIVLY.

And with these the time neede to gather and craft the items is fine, no need to have the "Best" in a month of even a year.

9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Took me about a year to make my way to end game content when I started WoW. Burning crusades was end game. Obviously I didn't read any "how to power level guides". Just plugged away and did what I wanted. Seemed like a good pace. To get a years worth of entertainment for so little $ was fine by me.

By the time people hit level 80 and GM a gathering skill of their armor type I don't think it will actually be that bad.

The RNG and yet to be adjusted crafting %'s aside as that's not nailed down yet.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Hey what's good for the goose isn't necessary good for the gander ... Just saying. As for me? I will adjust, I always do, I will under cut the high prices to keep things fair. Or shall I say TRY lol depends on how much time and money it will take me to craft the items ... or I will simply harvest goods to sell , and have it support my Archer as I venture out into the cold cruel make believe world .... A win win ... I am not making sense (cents) or dollars even, must take a short snooze ....

11. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

I have to agree with most here
    Crafting is % is still way broke 95% success means you fail 10 times in a row
    Skill is no were even close to being correct, I believe Weins 201 said it best 68 skill is max
    its all basically a mess still.
    How ever I do belive every one should be entitled to decent crafted gear.
    There is no End game gear, sorry that's a mith, since their is no end game.

Chatele and Time Lord like this.
  12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

This game is still in pre-alpha with game wipes. Current prices are irrelevant in regards to what prices will actually look like after persistence.

Time Lord and Bluefire like this.
  13. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

True, prices will likely be much higher as we'll have many more people running around creating money at much higher rates. (Money is literally created by killing creatures that drop gold).

Snikorts and Time Lord like this.
  14. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Time ... for playing the game? In the last 30 days I might have been ingame for about two hours, and this mainly to check aspects of localization to German.
    And I do not assume, we will be nearly finished with localization around release.
    Travel to and from work and work hours are consuming my time on weekdays from 6 AM to 7 PM, then I have a house and a garden, which want to be maintained not only by my wife (children are living elsewhere), the hobby metal detecting takes also the one or other hour.
    So what I am ahead with pledging I will lose very fast in gold, gear or game experience.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I am a bit confused - does the OP imply that we should just click a few buttons and with little investment all produce the greatest endgame gear?

Which is prime opportunity to undercut your competitors and take control of their market.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Which is exactly what I ALWAYS do..... But to me getting the crafting materials to make anything is quiet a chore in itself ..... takes a long time, so many diff components to make 1 thing .... i prefer if I am making a bow, all i would need is the wood, which I would have to make accordingly to what type of wood it is much like u do now, and bow string (as a fuel item) . Instead I need to make the bow string, ( turn animal hide into leather) then you have to make the bow stave (which you will need to make the Timber from wood for) then the bow, and not to mention the steps for the arrows, and hope it doesn't fail or all that work was for naught and you lose your supplies which took some time to get.... BOTTOM line is, why do we need to loose all the material if we FAIL? Why can't we just loose the fuel which cost gold ..... ?????

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

With the current system I foresee crafter's being unable to provide a decent supply and players losing complete interest or concern for player crafted items. In the end it's a lose-lose for crafting. Once I get my most desired gear I will be forever done with crafters except for repair kits. Since it's such a grand once-in-a-lifetime concern I'll likely grind up the crafting professions I want and gather the materials myself - rarely wear/use it and buy COTOs to repair it. I'm sure that's the system we were after.

Chatele and Time Lord like this.
  18. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

@Chatele
    Have you ever crafted anything? since like R27 you are way off base with how things are made, I'm not trying to insult you but what your Quoting is completely incorrect.

You do not loose any of your materials if you fail, You Only loose the fuel

So for you bow example making a Bow
    First the stave
    1 Carp Hammer, Wood rasp
    1 wax (FUEL)
    10 wood timber
    If I fail I loose the 1 wax, which is the fuel.

leather Bow string
    1 Tailoring scissors
    1 curing salt (FUEL)
    5 leather
    If I fail, I loose the curing salt which is the fuel.

Now for the bow
    1 Carp hammer, wood rasp
    1 bow starve
    2 leather bow strings
    5 wax (FUEL)
    If I fail I loose the 5 wax which again was the fuel.

Now Eqnchanting or the new Master Craft, is a hole different ball game
    since The SOTA RNG is the most messed up system I have ever played with my advice is to not do it,
    at 95% success I fail 3 out of 5 times with either system. The RNG (Random Number Generator) is BROKE but they wont admit it, but hopefully fix it some day.

19. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

No it has been awhile since i crafted on the most part, I did not like it, have been a crafter in every game i have played, not sure here .... so I apologize , was responding to what some peeps have been saying .... I misunderstood them I guess, was going according to last release. I haven't crafted much since cause it's a pain in the arse, or WAS .... and yes the rng for enchanting new master craft stuff to me seems like something I don't care to do ever, till they fix it, and I don't like the idea of when you do craft you can loose durability on what you crafted/ .... when u enchant etc ....Masterworks, and the only way to get it to max is with RARE Crown of the Obsidian . Not going to spend $5 for 5 crowns, that's $1 ec, I know they need to make money but OUCH that adds up. The lower the price tag on theses the more people will buy them, hmmm maybe that's why they didn't lol... Since all gear looses durability and weapons, that's a lot of repairs .... won't be doing masterworks or enchanting that's fer sure ... not worth the aggravation, this is the most frustrating crafting system I have ever played ,,,, m2cents

Bluefire, Time Lord and Aldo like this.
  20. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Don't forget, it takes 60 wood to make the timber for the bow stave. Something is still out of whack. Adjustments to things like this will make crafting much less vulnerable to criticism.

Lord Baldrith, Chatele and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.