Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Time

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Xander Xavier, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I agree that Everything is too slow. Even with potions of expediance, things are still way to slow.

For metal armor and weapons you can reduce the raw ore costs by 1/2 by using metal scraps, they are easy to come by, just go any place you would normally farm weapon drops and salvage them instead of vendoring them..
    By your second trip you should have enough salvage skill to get fair number of scraps per item.

6 scraps = 1 ore.

I can't help you on Beetle carapices they don't seem to drop off of farmed cotton, and I haven't found a zone with enough cotton to get many carapices.
    Suet, is just a matter of Farming Deep Ravenswood or similar 5 skull wolf and bear zone.
    Although with the new skinning slowdown, it's going to take foreever also.
    However, I think pure crafters are supposed to be like a cliff I think.

You start out farming materials to craft something. repeat until you can afford materials you can buy that are less than the cost to sell completed item.
    When you finally have enough bank roll to buy all your mats, then you spend your time crafting more stuff to sell off.

One way to make a fair amount of money when your just starting, is by converting Copper Ore into Copper Ingots via ore and metal scraps.
    25 ingots sell for more gold than 100 ore, so your able to double your money every round, (assuming you can farm enough metal scraps, to keep your supply up)

After your bankroll is built up, then you can start, making armor or weapons to raise you skills.

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

AGREE

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

I considered posting about lumber harvesting, but having actually worked in a sawmill, I find the Portalarium's whole approach to forestry so out of whack I don't know where to start in addressing their system. 10 timbers to make a bow-stave? You mean like the railroad ties lining my driveway?
    Used Railroad Tie-Cresote Treated (Common: 7 in. x 9 in. x 8 ft.; Actual: 96 in.)
    and you want me to make a bow-stave out of 10 of these?
    Of course if a bow-stave required 5 wooden bindings, though it would actually require the same amount of material, it would actually make sense if you think in terms of a composite bow.

XX

Time Lord likes this.
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im a casual gamer when it comes down to it. I work and have 2 kids. I still had my full bonze chain made from hand within a few days after wipe.

Fister Magee and Time Lord like this.
  5. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Unless it changed recently it takes a couple trees to make a summoning whistle. What kind of inept crafters are we? Should be able to get a whistle from wood scrap.

Wooden pole requires two wooden timber

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  6. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

@Chatele

Ok that make s a lot of sense then,
    and yet your right on for the most part with this.

Know the only think we can do is to stick together and speak out about all the INJUSTICES AGAINST CRAFTERS .
    please join me and make the DEVs know we are upset about then ruining our trades.

@Rofo
    I totally agree with you on how slow everything is,

Check out this post on how slow pots made us.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/more-bang-for-my-buck.52697/

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.