Tips for Farming XP to Quickly Build my XP Pool

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quinn Zorich, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinn Zorich

Quinn Zorich Avatar

Hi everyone!
    I am really enjoying the game as I am roughly a month hardcore into it. I have one GM (Ranged) and most skills are at 40.
    What I am trying to do now if focus (no pun intended) on increasing core stats like INT,DEX,STR and Healthy to at least 80 apiece. I realize this will require an extreme amount of XP.

Why question is where is the best place to simply farm XP? Do all instances or scenes respawn at the same rate? My feeling is a fast respawn 3 skull would be quicker than a slower respawning 5 skull.

Any thoughts or best practices?
    Thanks,
    Clay aka "Quinn Zorich"

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

As before hit my up if I am online, we can figure out your bottom limit for speed vs exp amount and then go grind some higher tiers to boost quicker :)

Quinn Zorich and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Fill your XP pool up before you start.
    For those innates do them one at a time.
    Turn off ALL other skills.
    If it takes you longer than 1 min or so to kill a single mob, fight something else.
    I would suggest Twins Foothills.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Already show in MANY post not totally true does apply to some skills Innates like oyu said below - AND above 80
    Sure but only after level 50
    ONLY if oyu are working on a very hard skill at a higher level - I turn off everything to gain point to dump into taming - especially since taming gains Zero skill for exp.
    Kill whatever you can as long as your exp is still going up for what you have set to train. - - If oyu are using more exp than gainin and only have a few skills on then look for higher tiers.
    BTW there is like some kind of cap where you get 5k max then a HUGE difference to killing some of the Bosses or almost impossible places until you are at Adv level 70+

Go wherever you like as long as you can gain more then you spend with a few skill set to raise

Once above skill level 60 in ANY skill you have to start thinking.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-sota-leveling-guide.41503/page-9#post-845589

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I do a lot of solo farming in a 5 skull zone where I can kill the archers/mages in one or two shots. I rather find a guild or group and do XP runs. That is way more enjoyable to me.

Quinn Zorich likes this.
  6. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

All regular mobs respawn at the same rate in every zone. Boss mobs have different slower timers. Mobs respawn faster if you loot the corpse so it disappears.

Try Serpnt Spine Foothills. Its one of the best mid level exp grind zones in the game. It has two camps of fighters, and about a half dozen 2-4 man pattols. All mobs are melee, easy to round them up and AOE them down. Also has a ton of resource spawns if you want to gather wood/cotton/etc. Lots of rocks through the zone that you can jump on to make a quick escape if u get overwhelmed.

When farming SSF, suggest that you sell/bank in Brittany Estates, its just south of there. The blacksmith in Estates gives excellent prices for lewt and he is immediately at entrance. Mage shop and bank are very close to entrance also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.