Today on QA (R91)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coswald_Dirthmire, Jul 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

We got the first viable QA Build of R91 toady, so time for a new thread!

QA Build 1217:

Artifact shields cannot receive a regular gem socket, though it was mentioned in the release notes that they would be able to. Tested multiple artifact shields of various rarities, legacy and non-legacy.

The Novian slide still occurs
    on the overworld. I travel mostly by scroll, so I don't know to what extent (if any) it was mitigated.

A Check-in on the following items showed they were yet to be added
    :
    • Combos receiving damage boost from imbued jewels (tested Smoldering Shiv with Flame Fist rings)
    • New Episode 2 Zone
    • Jumping Horses
    • Imbued Jewels/Gems from Pax Ring, Staff of Death, Staff of Anarchy, Warlock Chain, etc.
    Theses weren't necessarily expected to be in yet, but always worth a shot.

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'll look the shields over on Wednesday. Not sure what's up. In me notes.

FBohler, Time Lord, FrostII and 4 others like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

K, fixed. I missed something last time. Patch pending, R92 at the latest :) Thanks for the heads up Coswald :)

FBohler, Time Lord, Wilfred and 4 others like this.
  4. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1219:

Bait recovery soft cap seems to affect all baits, or at least some of the baits that weren't included before now are. If someone wants to do a more exhaustive test it would be greatly appreciated!

No changes on the new zone, combos affected by jewels (of those we tested)and still no jewel from the pax ring or from arties made of other arties. We'll keep checking on these things every QA release, though not really expecting to see a change until they're mentioned.

Time Lord, Wilfred and Violet Ronso like this.
  5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Awesome to hear, thank you! Hehe, now the fun part, grinding out those wicked caster shields... and resisting the temptation to salvage them for gems!

Time Lord, Wilfred and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

all checked. everything is at 16.7% for me except for the two gemmed lures, which are 10 even.

7. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1220:

Unlearned Recipes now highlight in blue! This is a great QOL improvement, though the contrast between the new blue color for unlearned recipes and the normal white is a bit low on my monitor and for my eyes. Luckily there is a Feedback Thread for discussion prior to it being patched on live. Very excited to be able to easily run around to a few NPC vendors and finish off some recipe collections!

Artifact shields can be socketed with non-imbued gems! We only tested with the Wicked Caster shield for now, at uncommon level. Regular and Ward gems look to work fine, and a number of Imbued gems were tested and none were able to be fitted. (This is as intended; artifacts do not accept imbued gems as a rule).

8. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    Coswald_Dirthmire, Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  9. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1223:

Tabbed sorting has been added back to the inventory and vendor windows, in addition to the new dropdown system. This best of both worlds solution seems nice, though it seems to have caused some crunching on the vendor interface.

Unlearned recipes have been given greater contrast and now sort with learned recipes as intended. This is one of the things I'm most excited for this release; going around to various NPC merchants and filling out all my recipe collections.

A dismount button has been added in the lower right, though it doesn't disappear if you dismount via hotkey rather than using the button. I've never found dismounting options to be a problem, but it's something others have mentioned so hopefully this is helpful to some.

Aether Infusion has been added as a crafting component
    , as mentioned by Gwendolyn above. It's available on NPC town and POT Alchemy and Cooking merchants, and no hints that I've seen as to what it will do. Aether things (such as Vial of Disti1lled Aether potion or Aether Corpion Poison) tend to be Focus based, so interested to see what this item goes into.

Unicorns now drop haunches instead of processed meat and each haunch looks to give "normal" levels of meat (2-3 per haunch at a guess, based on testing done by Gwendolyn).

Dead Body Containers can be salvaged
    into Copes Wax (8), Rotting Flesh (5), and Skeleton Bones (2). This is a refining recipe, so the quantities given are for the base drop, before efficient refine chance is added.

Clearing a Great Threat in an overland encounter prompts a "Great Threat Has Passed" message. Not sure on the exact wording, as this was found by Gwendolyn as well.

Things checked but unchanged include:
    • Horse Jumping
    • Misc Gem/Jewel Drops (Pax Ring, Warlock Chain, Ancient Staff of Death, Ancient Staff of Anarchy)
    • Tiered Artifacts (Instruments, Cabalist Hoods, Cabalist Weapons, Boots of Sulking, others)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

11. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Yay x 3 :)

Having to reach for the keyboard to get off your mount in 2021 (GUIs were invented some time ago now) was just stupid :p

12. Coswald_Dirthmire

QA Build 1226:
    Presumably most of what we found today will be covered in the release notes tomorrow, so I won't got into much detail or post all that many clips/pictures today. If some of these things aren't in the release I'll expand those sections with whatever we can learn.

Crunching in the Vendor Interface seems to be fixed, and things are displaying nicely.

The Dismount Button for mounts has been modified to a much more fitting style, looking good.

Health, Focus, and Regeneration potions of all levels apply a -25% Consumable Power Bonus debuff that affects most potions, including Wolf Speed, Haste, etc. This debuff can seemingly stack 3 times for each potion used, and can stack across multiple types. For example, chugging 3x health, lesser potions, then 2x health, greater potions, then 3x health, imbued potions will give 3x + 2x + 3x = 8x debuffs. This is nominally -200%, though there's some softcap system that prevents potions from hitting zero efficacy.
    [​IMG]

A new expanded stats section has been added under the paper doll, though some aspects seem not to update correctly at the moment.
    [​IMG]

Flame Fist DOTs still apply at the same scale as the initial hit.

Frost Giants are worth 3,000,000 base XP, so 3,300,000 XP in Open mode. Their loot table looks unfinished (might be a troll table with troll-specific loot removed?) and it seems obvious that loot and XP and other things on them might get adjusted as the mob is tuned and refined.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A huge thanks to AMoldyPotato for the fun we had running around today!

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

goddammit

FBohler, Time Lord and Barugon like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

[​IMG]

How long did it take?

FBohler and Time Lord like this.
  15. Coswald_Dirthmire

Killing the giant took a while, given they have 343k HP. That said, if you can get it to -100% healing modifiers (very doable) and get a group that can put a bit over 5k DPS into them (also very doable) they can theoretically be dropped in around 1 minute to the tune of 1.125m XP per person in an 8 person group, as an example.

But we shouldn't get carried away until we've seen him hitting properly back.

FrostII, Barugon, Anpu and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.