Tonight's Hang out was awesome... BUT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironkiller-Pacific, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

That was a great hangout! I tried to watch it as much as I could while I was at work, so many thanks for the summary Kuno! I guess I can put it on the second screen to catch the parts I missed while playing R2 this weekend :)

And congrats to all of those that were given Royal Warrants and granted ONBE status!

Mordecai, Dame Lori and Kuno Brauer like this.
  2. mike11

mike11 Avatar

That was a pretty epic hangout... They pretty much avoided most of the 'tough' questions IMO but they did reveal a few things such as they are still shooting for multi-player in the 100's-ish per instance but still no info at all about how it's all going to piece to together.

3. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

They can't answer questions to which they don't themselves know the final answer for. :-/ So many of the things people keep asking about have not been finalized, they are still trying multiple things and figuring out how it will work themselves. Once they know, they will let us know. They aren't holding out just to be annoying/build suspense.

And unfortunately, the community has burned too many bridges to get them to tell us what the "current thinking" is without a final answer.

NRaas, Mishri, Kuno Brauer and 3 others like this.
  4. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

Smitty,
    I think you officially made Joe Garrity a professional musician :)
    I saw your comment on the light brick while scrolling back. I'm glad I did not disappoint.

Joe
    The Unseen Dragon

rild and Kuno Brauer like this.
  5. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I find it difficult to agree, but while at the same time I don't want to criticize a pre-alpha game too and much frankly this team has made dozens of games including UO which I think is what the holy-grail example of what Sota should be most akin to.

I'm looking forward to a lot more 'multima' features later on, and I will be expecting a large amount of time spent to this as well as things like PvP, dungeon crawling, open world setting.

All these type of game revivals (I hate to stereotype pre-release) but they usually are rushed to complete on time, don't get the beefy features and the game ends up feeling small and repetitive with little to do after the primary story is complete. They will usually add a few different ways to complete some quests.

Neverwinter is good example of a game that was pushed back and pushed back in order to add more features and stuff like the mod-community system.

Saying that the budget isn't big enough 'excuse' doesn't cut it for me because most of these things revolve around re-using the game assets cleverly (just like those old-school rpg's) to do things like have a larger world, larger reusable areas larges dungeons, many quests, end-game.

They've gotten a couple of dungeon packs for unity completed but are they even going to be using those to expand the game?

6. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Kuno, that was beautifully said! Thank you!

dahak and Kuno Brauer like this.
  7. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

It would only let me like your post once... :-/

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  8. Holt

Holt Avatar

I'm not sure Ironkiller meant for this thread to be the place where people took his headline and harped on the Celebration.

I had a blast, and maybe I'm just that way because I am not really looking for spoilers or depending on advanced information about the game. I'm positive I'll enjoy it, because of the great quality of people I'll get to play with! To me, how we solve crafting issues, or pvp, in the end is quite secondary to the richness of the story, music and adventurous environment.

This was a very exciting night for all of us humble invitees. We were surprised and honored. I was really interested to see the faces and hear the voices of these passionate souls (especially Dame Lori. I think we'll have an official competition of writing her love poetry. ;) hah!)

That said, gosh some of you are hard to please!! R2 is released, we get to run around in Kingsport AND have a virtual SotA party, all in the same day. My most exciting day of 2014, I'd have to admit.

If you decided that the invited community contributors were boring, and you had no questions for them when their turn to be asked questions came, does it not suggest merely that you are not really interested in the 'Community' part of this whole process? Something to think about, since the importance of your own voice, positive or negative, relies on the community giving it weight.

I think the title of this thread should be: Lessons in Irony.

THE BARD HAS SPOKEN.

9. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Yeah! I can't believe they made me sit there through that whole thing while you guys talked about things. It was so horrible! :D

/sarcasm

I didn't think that was the intention of this thread either. It just wasn't what we were expecting based on the description. It was still good stuff.

Kuno Brauer and rild like this.
  10. Smitty

Smitty Legend of the Hearth

Thanks Dame_Lori and jdrasin! Him playing was well worth it. Also, awesome lego creation ( I have quite a bit of my own).

:D

Kuno Brauer and Dame Lori like this.
  11. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

LOL! Ahhh I caught an awful lot of attention considering I barely spoke. Maybe that's the secret... :cool:

NirAntae, Kuno Brauer and rild like this.
  12. Holt

Holt Avatar

More like a woman's secret. The minute I shut my mouth I disappear.

13. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Well, I bother them so much, I was half expecting a restraining order.
    Glad it was a hat and a medal instead.

Thank you, everybody, for your enthusiam, even if we don't quite agree on some things.

14. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Not to worry, I was creeply staring at the dudes too while they weren't on the main screen. Amusing to watch people's expressions and facial twitches. I actually think Holt had some of the most amusing expressions when not talking.

Yeah... creepy huh?

[​IMG]

Kuno Brauer, Dame Lori and rild like this.
  15. rild

rild Avatar

I'll have to try that next time.. haha

Kuno Brauer, Dame Lori and Mishri like this.
  16. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

I'd love to see your collection.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  17. stile

stile Avatar

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  18. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

No Kuno, no regrets, it was perfect!

19. stile

stile Avatar

Bah, you put a disclaimer on it, and it was a quick recap. don't worry about it! It was good.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  20. stile

stile Avatar

*nods in agreement* you see half the stuff I write Kuno? Now THATS bad! *grins*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.