Tools of Prosperity.

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Are there any more Tools of Prosperity to be released, or are the 15 currently available all that there will be?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I'm sure there will be more, I'm also sure they will always be available in the store, I'm waiting for black friday myself or some other sale

mitchellhamilton likes this.
  3. Curt

Curt Avatar

Well our best source of what tools there is it the Magic, Combat, and Crafting Skills thread and it has quite a lot of tools in it.

Gathering skills
    • Mining - Pickaxe, Facemask (for toxic fumes)
    • Forage - Gathering Knives (sickle)
    • Forestry - Axes, Saws, Fishing Poles, Taming Collars
    • Agriculture - Hoes, Scythes, Plows
    • Field Dressing - Skinning Knife
    Refining skills
    • Smelting - Smelting Table, Crucible & Tongs
    • Milling - Milling Table, Saw
    • Butchery - Butcher’s Table, Cleaver
    • Tanning - Tanning Table, Punch
    • Textiles - Textile Table, Loom Needle
    Production skills
    • Smithing - Smithing Table, Hammer
    • Carpentry - Carpentry Table, Claw Hammer
    • Tailoring - Tailoring Table, Needle, Punch
    • Alchemy - Alchemy Table, Bottles, Mortar & Pestle
    • Cooking - Cooking Table, Pot, Spatula, Spoon
    From R2-R3 we learned about a few more tools , cubit measure , wood rasp, tanning knife, loom shuttle, scissors.

Underlined them i saw in the addon store and may have missed some.

Personally i think they should have made 3 packs for the prosperity tools
    • gathering tools
    • refining tools
    • production tools

mbomber and smack like this.
  4. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Probablly a few more for baking? and alchemy? Havent seen anything for those yet.

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Thank you. Curt. That was extraordinarily helpful.

mbomber and Time Lord like this.
  6. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

I'm sure there will eventually be "packs" for the prosperity tools just the like the 6pks release up to this point but keep in mind that some people (me) have no interest in carpentry as an example so the "packs" of multiple tools for multiple crafts don't interest me.

When the "meltdown" program is launched this will all become simpler.

7. aevans

aevans Avatar

Note that these represent my current thoughts.

I updated the list to include known tools and names from crafting recipes and Prosperity Tools.

I removed Facemask since it will (probably) be used in mines and not on crafting tables. Likewise Taming Collars since those are crafted and will be used around creatures and (probably) not on crafting tables.

I removed saws from Forestry since the Axe is probably sufficient, but there is no reason you couldn't substitute a saw for an axe. I removed saw from Milling as I think it as actually part of the milling table.

I removed Crucible as I think it is actually a part of the smelting table.

I italicized Wood Rasp as it is known in game, but doesn't have an 'of Prosperity' tool yet; I'd expect one soon. Also expect something for Alchemy. I'd also expect at least one more item to fill out the 3rd six pack. Possibly an extra tool for Alchemy or Cooking. Beyond that it's up to whatever is needed for future recipes, but the 3 six-packs might be a good stopping point for Episode 1.

Gathering skills
    • Mining - Pickaxe, Facemask (for toxic fumes)
    • Forage - Sickle, Gathering Knives (sickle)
    • Forestry - Axe, Saws, Fishing Pole, Taming Collars
    • Agriculture - Hoe, Scythe, Plow
    • Field Dressing - Skinning Knife
    Refining skills
    • Smelting - Smelting Table, Crucible & Smelting Tongs
    • Milling - Milling Table, Saw, Cubit Measure, Wood Rasp
    • Butchery - Butcher’s Table, Cleaver
    • Tanning - Tanning Table, Punch, Tanning Knife
    • Textiles - Textile Table, Loom Shuttle, Needle
    Production skills
    • Smithing - Smithing Table, Smithing Hammer
    • Carpentry - Carpentry Table, Carpentry Hammer, Wood Rasp
    • Tailoring - Tailoring Table, Tailoring Scissors, Needle, Punch
    • Alchemy - Alchemy Table, Bottles, Mortar & Pestle
    • Cooking - Cooking Table, Cooking Pot, Spatula, Spoon

Some other possible items may include Pruning Shears for Agriculture and individual bushes or plants. Something to apply poison to weapons under Alchemy. Frying Pan for cooking. I don't know if repair or enhance skills need different tools or can reuse the existing ones.

8. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I'm holding out for a Muffin Tin of Prosperity cuz who doesn't like a good muffin.

Budner, mbomber and DimwitTheWise like this.
  9. Amaranthus

Amaranthus Avatar

I find that they have priced them unreasonably high. Seeing as that they are merely collectors' items (serious crafters will definitely use the better tools available), the 6-packs should be closer to $25 than $50. I'm pretty sure they would have sold more than double by decreasing it. I would have bought them all at that price, but with $150 for three six packs, I have a hard time justifying my urge to get them :( Doubt there will be a sale, as those who have already bought them would, with good reason, be outraged at that.

10. lock426

lock426 Avatar

Are you certain that there will be better items available? Do you have a quote or a video where the developers said that? If so you just saved me from wasting $50.

11. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I would like it more, if these tools would be a little bit more universal. Still not sure how lockdowns will be handled, but if I see already the number of pledge items and the single items from the store, I start to wonder about the clutter.
    Somebody without house and a backpack full of tools - will he even be able to move?
    Would be also nice, if they put additional tools at some stage into already existing packs, instead of raising more and more.
    I know, with two or three of the current packs my saturation level is reached - also financially.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  12. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

This is an excellent point. I would hope they could give us some kind of tool box that would make things easier for carrying these tools to a table. Not everyone will have a house, so there should be a way to make it more convient for those situations. Maybe even take the weight down a bunch for having that toolbox. I'm getting a bit concerned myself with the sheer number of tools molds etc you will need just to craft, especially if you are like me and dabble in multiple crafts. I am fortunate that I will have a house, but I don't think I will have all the crafting tables right away, so a way to carry all of our tools will be greatly needed, else finding the right tool for the right job will take 10 minutes or so of sifting thru our packs :)

Time Lord and Olahorand like this.
  13. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

It has been stated that better tools can be crafted in game, but they will not be indestructible like the Tools of Prosperity. However, the Tools of Prosperity will be very close to best tools available.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  14. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

You will probably need the prosperity tools to make better tools

15. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I wish you the best of luck Lord Baldrith on your quest for obtaining all the crafting stations. Apparently, crafting stations will be the second most expensive item in game. Tax-free lots being the most expensive.

16. Silkie

Silkie Avatar

One way to handle tools, and crafting resources, is to keep them in a bank while making them accessible at the crafting table. That way they don't have to be carried around but can be accessed when crafting. That is the way Elder Scrolls Online is handling crafting resources - which is a bloody good thing because on-person inventory is so limited and so expensive to raise. Of course, the tools in that game are automatically available, e.g., you come up to an iron node to harvest and when you click on the node a pickaxe magically appears and you chip away, or at a cooking table you choose to make some soup and a graphic appears of you stirring the soup in a bowl and tasting, so the issue of carrying around tools hasn't come up for them. Making tools and resources automatically available from a bank decreases verisimilitude but does simplify things considerably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.