Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

trade-window

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Gaelis, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

I missed the trade-window with the ability to sign my transaction so much.:(

It would be nice if player-sold stuff like iron-swords can stack, so you don't have to scroll 34534657568 same swords :D

2. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Yes, I miss that trade window, what happened???

3. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Sadly, we had to remove the trade window for vendors for R9. (That UI still exists for player-2-player trading at least.) Here's what's going on:
    For R9, we changed vendors to have an inventory that is synchronized so all players in the instance see the same contents. The feeling was that the vendor's stock would be too volatile for a shopping cart style UI. You could pick out 5 items over the space of a few minutes and then find that the sale fails because someone bought an item out from under you. We considered locking the items in the cart as you pick them (so no one else can grab them), but there was a concern about griefing (players holding on to things they don't intend to buy). There are some work-arounds there, and we may re-visit that element later.

Showing the 31212 copies of iron-swords in the UI isn't that useful. It makes sense to just show one sword stack. Our intention with vendors is to have them be a re-seller of items that players have traded in. I have noticed that various vendors seem to be picking up a collection of iron-swords. It does seem odd to find the fruit vendor selling swords too.

4. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

if we can keep that trade window/cart with the signature part but still have some level of functionality that makes the mercantile system work great... awesome! i am fine having my buying fail because someone was quicker at snagging a great item at a great price before me.... but then i have no clue how most of our community feels about that.... some of my feelings like when it comes to player death have been very much the minority. :D

Dartan Obscuro likes this.
  5. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

It was of great help the shopping cart system, i hope we can keep it.

Maybe if the player goes AFK the merchant could cancel the transaction.

Golem Dragon and Dartan Obscuro like this.
  6. Kether

Kether Avatar

One concern I have about this new window is that is too easy to erroneously double-click something you don't want to buy/sell (being an item on top or below of the one you actually wanted to) so you can end losing money with transactions you didn't want to do.
    Also, sometimes the windows refresh moves items in the list while you're double-clicking them, so it makes things even worse.

Golem Dragon likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Maybe this is a whole other topic, but in some cases, I don't think the list view for vendors is the ideal way to present the items for sale. For example, you have vendors selling rugs that have different patterns on them, and you want to be able to see the rug's pattern when you buy it. In the list view, the representation of the rug is tiny and you can't make out the pattern. You don't know what you've bought until after you've bought it.

The bag view probably wouldn't be ideal either. What would probably make sense is some type of irregular grid view like in games like Diablo... though with item stacking, or whatever is needed to make it work well for players.

8. stile

stile Avatar

Someone tried to give me gold and couldnt... They held it out to me and i looked it going "i want it, but cant take it!"

Golem Dragon likes this.
  9. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I liked the shopping cart and signature UI too. I'd rather lose my chance to buy from being too slow than lose that cool interface. Maybe if the vendor only has one of an item and someone else goes to buy it the vendor could prompt "Someone else wants to look at X are you going to buy it or not?" and force the player yes/no. And maybe if you keep a cart for more than 5 minutes, they say "Are you buying something or not?" or "Get out of here I have paying customer to attend to!"

Either you shouldn't be able to resell weapons to fruit stands or they shouldn't try to resell them to players. Are markets are overwhelmed with the more easily obtainable / craft-able items.

Golem Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.