Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Travel Speed on Overworld Map Is It Too slow? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by Miganarchine, Feb 28, 2015.

?

Travel Speed on Overworld Map Is It Too Slow?

1. Yes Speed It Up Please!

60.2%
  2. No It's Just Fine As It Is!

39.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

I would really love to see that the walking speed will be increased at the overland map. I like the overland map, but that slow walking is really annoying and boring. Its a fun killer and i have no fun to explore the world in such a low speed. Hope that will me modified.

2. Knight Commander Tyncale

Knight Commander Tyncale Avatar

Map looks beautifull, but HATE the slow pace of travelling, especially outside the roads. What's up with that? The slower pace off-road does not add anything positive, it's just frustrating. If you have drawbacks like that, there need to be perks too. There aren't any, it just makes me want to log out.

I was never a fan of the old overland map-travel either and supported anyone who said that we should simply have a Baldurs Gate type map where we could click on stuff that we had already visited. I do not see me ever liking the "random"encounters, or even the roaming monsters either.
    Avoiding these roamers will be annoying, and if people want to seek them out, they should actually make that feature so rich that it takes away from the regular scenes. Ok, so you see a couple of wolves to the right of the road: that's not very enticing.

It could be cooler if the Overland Map would show the occasional rare spawn: that would make roaming/travelling the map actually worhtwhile and add a lucky draw mechanic. Else I do not see the Overland map ever becoming more then a (beautifully landscaped) hurdle.

Terminator likes this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Completely agree. But, with reward comes risk. By taking shortcuts from well-travelled roads, you should be at risk to more Random Encounters or Roving Encounters that patrol those areas. As it is, you are exposed to the same risk but at a greater penalty, without actually saving time by taking a shortcut to get to where you want to go.

Speed it up so its the same as road travel but make it more risky. Not rage quit risky, but enough to make you think twice about cutting through the forest at night. Taking shortcuts like that should not take longer, all things being equal.

Only caveat being perhaps dense swamps or snow travel where you need a different mode of transportation. But forests? Not really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.