Troll in Nightshade Pass

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by pyro660, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyro660

pyro660 Avatar

Just wondering if anyone else noticed an adjustment to this troll's difficulty today. I killed him a few times this morning. Logged back on in the afternoon and I cant kill it - tried several times. Just to be clear - I killed him after today's patch (567) was installed.

what was fairly straight forward early in the day seems to have become impossible for me over the course of a few hours.

Standing here looking over my gear and deck to be sure i have the right gear on, buffs up, yada, yada, yada....

head scratcher :(

Leelu and Numa like this.
  2. tomcat_de

tomcat_de Avatar

From 567 patch notes:
    Is that him?

Edit: There's also another thread here

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Spoon and Leelu like this.
  3. pyro660

pyro660 Avatar

I understand that TorcDawl is in Ravensmoor? Not the same troll

4. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

The nightshade pass troll had the same adjustments as the big troll, more magic resistance, confusion effect added to his stomp. It used to be a fun diversion and time waster before, used to stop by each time I was in the neighborhood, but I've decided he is not really worth fighting now, with the loot he drops (and the annoying behavior like leashing himself, then running back to heal, lag stomps, chain stuns...). I'm assuming the same was done for all the trolls.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Garfunkel Humperdinck and Selene like this.
  5. pyro660

pyro660 Avatar

interesting that after loading the patch, he was still his same old 'punching bag' self. This morning on my first kill i got an artifact.

Didnt expect to see the effects of a patch so long after patch loaded. Also thought patch notes might give us a clue - guess it wasnt important info

6. Gix

Gix Avatar

7. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

I'm not clear on what you mean about same old punching bag self, he still has the added "difficulty" from the last patch. Which is not really difficulty, just added annoyance...it's the same fight it always was except:
    It takes longer since my magic glyphs don't really do any damage, e.g. a 5-stack of obsidian arrow or searing ray doing 11 damage
    The confusion is an added annoyance, but doesn't materially change the fight

I've killed him a hundred times since the artifact drop rates were nerfed 2 days into R38, and not a single artifact or recipe has dropped from him. It used to be a fun fight, and even with the leashing/super-healing himselflag stomps, chain stuns (oh and I forgot to mention the unavoidable rock throw when I'm standing right in front of him) I kept coming back for more even though nothing good was dropping. Part of what made it fun was stacking glyphs and the movement/jumping required. Now there's no reason to touch my glyph bar, so that part of what made it interesting was removed and it takes 3-5 times as long. You won't be seeing me fighting him anymore, and I don't know why anyone would. I had an artifact from from a kobold the other day, guess I'll stick with them.

Oh this is fun, nothing to do but brace for the unavoidable damage/stun...no reason even to stack glyphs while I'm stunned because they do no damage
    [​IMG]

Woot, look at all that crap loot...actually this is not a bad drop, usually it's much worse
    [​IMG]

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.