Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Trolling on the Troll (nightshade pass)

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Jordizzle, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Soo, haven't fought the Troll in a while. I really hope it gets some love soon. My fight I just had with it was the most I've ever said "what the. ." in a long time. It would stomp the ground and even though I'd blink a good distance away I would still get knocked down and damaged. It would pick up a huge boulder and hurl it at me, even if I was standing right next to him, and he still would run away from me, until he reached a certain point, then he would super sprint back to his spawn point and nearly regenerate any damage I did. On a scale from 1-10, I'd have to rate the Troll fighting experience a 2 only because he looks pretty darn awesome.

Edit: I fought him again after I typed this up, he does this big clap that hit me even when I was clearly standing behind him. It feels like what is actually happening vs what is being animated is off really really bad.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

If I remember correctly, the special moves he does (rock throw, stomp, etc) hit the person highest on the agro list (i.e., the tank) plus anyone in the immediate area. So if you are fighting him solo, you really can't dodge effectively. I believe you can still avoid them by using special moves (combat roll, I believe, to avoid the stomp), but just getting out of the way doesn't work.

If he is running out of range and leashing himself, that sounds like a bug.

Jordizzle likes this.
  3. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I knew I could jump to avoid the stomp because I used to defeat him solo as a warrior, I've switched to mage now and figured I could move far enough away to avoid the stomp damage, doesn't appear to be so. He is definitely still running out of range and leashing himself so I guess I'll wait a couple of days until the next release drops, then if he's still doing that behavior I'll open a bug report.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.