Troubles in looting/opening doors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robby, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robby

Robby Avatar

Is it just me or are blood minions unlootable. I'm killing these red jello blobs and I put my cursor over to loot and nothing happens. Click away for almost over a minute and give up. one of them was called a, "memory of ghost" or something....
    I also have troubles opening doors sometimes wondering if I'm the only one? I click away at doors but they don't open. So what usually works, is I reposition my toon till it opens from my click. I at least am able to work my way through an openable door, but the gel creaturs I cant loot and I'm hoping I'm not missing quest item/good loot by not being able to open their loot boxes. >=-(

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Robby can you please do a /bug or bugreport so the Devs get more infos about your machine and the debuginfo they need to reproduce your problem

maybe it helps to open doors / loot with the "E"-Key and not the mouse click if your lag is too great and try free mouse mode for looting to get the right spot

3. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

I've mostly only noticed having issues with doors when I first load into a zone. I never noticed it before because I never had to interact with any doors upon entering a zone, but I started noticing this in some Player Towns that have buildings close to the zone in spot.

My only thought is that maybe some of the zone hasn't finished loading yet so it can't open the door?

Please note that this only happens roughly about 30 seconds to 1 minute after I loading into a zone. After that the icon lights up green to interact with the door.

Hornpipe likes this.
  4. eli

eli Avatar

Yea so two problems touched upon here:

clicks do not register when your frame rate drops to a certain point. For these cases, your cursor goes green but even spamming click does nothing. The work around here is to use E to interact.

For hard to loot corpses like psilocybin, the key is to hover your mouse to about waist-height above where the mob was standing when its death animation began. Lowering your camera to Avatar level and paying attention when it dies can help with this.

If you PvP and pay attention to where tombstones are left, it is a similar thing, though exaggerated by how fast players move.

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.