UI Changes I would really love to see

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by disorder, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disorder

disorder Avatar

I know they are currently working on UI changes and I am not sure where best to post this for visibility, but I really hope someones see's this and considers it.

Things I would really love to see:

UI Scale Slider - The ability to make the UI Elements/Icons smaller or larger

Enemy Health Bars - They are too large and take up too much screen space, but as a Tank, I need them. They should be made MUCH smaller and slimline so you are still able to see the action. Right now I often cant see what way I am facing. Take a look at games like Diablo or something.

Friendly Health Bars - The ability to turn this off. At the moment I press N and just get a screen full of massive health bars. There may be an option already to turn these off, but I cant find it!

Drake Aedus likes this.
  2. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Scaling would be great, especially when I have to play on my 1366x768 laptop screen.

There is an option for large health bars, maybe yours is on? Its somewhere in the interface screen...

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yes, scaling/resizing of all UI windows is what I would love to see most and have been asking for it for years!

Some other things I would love to see:
    - Ability to move any element around the screen (and lock down) to my liking. Not everyone likes things in the same spot... give us freedom to display things where we prefer them.

- A separate hotbar for favorite emotes/dances/music sheets. With so many emotes available to us and the ability to have sheet music, it would be nice to have 6 or 12 "favorites" available with a quick mouse-click. (Might require unique icons to be made for each emote though). A bonus would be if this had a minimalistic macro editor included to allow us to add text before/after the emote or song being played. For instance, it would be nice to send a message to local chat saying "Hail and well met." with the /wave emote.... or something like "How about a little Space Bards?" before playing "The Return of Lord British". Perhaps the editor would let us do multiple emotes in succession?

- A separate hotbar for "consumables" (Could be usable when out of combat only if there is a balance issue.) I know we can add them to non-combat bar now, but that is limited and shares spots with other things that are needed in and out of combat. I'd like a bar that I can add TP/Recall scrolls, favorite foods, or even a few potions that get used in preparation of combat as an alternative to searching through my bags to find what I want to use every time I go out adventuring.

Drake Aedus likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Here are my UI wishes:
    • Add a "bookmark" to the Crafting book on a specific recipe, or even one per skill. When you open the crafting table, if you have the ingredients for that recipe, they default to the table and your cursor starts in the quantity field. Bonus points if the field defaults to the maximum number of those you can craft, based on your skill and inventory. Crafting 500 of something at a time, and having to a) doubleclick on the recipe, b) click in the quantity field, and c) enter a value greater than 20 (or whatever if its a refining material) is very tedious.

• Split the "Use current inventory" from decks into a new inventory view where you can assign specific items or placeholders for "keep current" or "empty slot". Lots of people want to roleplay, and using decks for clothing would be great if it was easier to manage.

• Return the calendar info by the compass to New Britannian. Sundai, Janus 1; it still gives us a connection to Earth months and days, but lets us know they are NOT the same thing.

• Tie some UI elements to inventory. The compass should only appear if you own one. The state of the moon should only appear if you you have an Astrolabe (since the actual moon doesn't reflect waxing or waning, we shouldnt be expected to know whats happening celestially). The exact time should appear if you have a pocketwatch (or are near a clock). Then make those items available in-game.

• Make combos/spellweaving work with locked glyphs. Make charging consistent; its laggy with keypress and release, and sometimes just doesn't activate correctly. Highlight glyphs when they would have effects (help with reactive glyphs, know when opening is available, etc); the only ones currently are available combos, only when unlocked, and (apparently) only when using peripheral lighting.

• Lock window to location, not just lock if it can be hidden or not. Hate moving windows around when trying to move with the mouse.

Jaesun and Drake Aedus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.