Ultima Online, Pre Trammel - The "Good Ol' Days"?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Phredicon, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

@lordrex uosecondage.com is likely the closest you'll find, even during off-peak hours like right now they have around 400 players online. They likely hit thousands on the evening and weekend..

No shard ever had 200,000 players on it. UO hit 100,000 pre-trammel, and 250,000 3 years after trammel came out... so any discussion about trammel killing wow is BS, no basis in reality.

so pre-trammel UO 100,000 people spread among.. i can't even remember how many shards there were back then.. i think 10, so 10,000 per players per shard.

but yes, I'd agree age of shadows killed UO... the timeline even fits to statistically prove that.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. lordrex

lordrex Avatar

@Sir Mishri, @Silent Strider: what's a zero amongst friends?

3. Stranger

Stranger Avatar

The UOsecondage.com numbers are incorrect and have always been incorrect. I played there for a long time and know that in down time you will hardly find anyone at banks or in dungeons. The people that are logged in are either macroing off murder counts or macroing a skill in a house.

I have to agree that one of the biggest factors that makes private servers not nearly as much fun is the small communities. These small communities make PKing seem much worse due to there being fewer players around to pk, so the farmers feel that they are always being picked one. It also makes griefing worse because such rivalry is created from running into the same people every day. It makes me wonder if this is the cause for some people being worried about the pvp, because they experienced the harshness of the private servers.

4. lordrex

lordrex Avatar

@Stranger: I played there for a long time and know that in down time you will hardly find anyone at banks or in dungeons. It makes me wonder if this is the cause for some people being worried about the pvp, because they experienced the harshness of the private servers.

yeah, thats the problem with private servers... not enough game for the apex predators (pk's), so everyone starves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.