Um where do groups go now ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fel, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullman

Bullman Avatar

But the real question here is what adv lvl/build are you? You may be able to solo them cause you are a beast, I don't know :p

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Fel

Fel Avatar

you are either lvl 90+ or you are lying .

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Jaden344

Jaden344 Avatar

add Jaden anytime i`ll show you
    adv 82
    you are probably just learning the game and don`t know good build yet

Time Lord likes this.
  4. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

He's lying. You can solo the first few waves and then back out and reset it. That part is probably the truth. No one will solo the last wave, it's not mechanically possible. They will kill a 600 hp tank in full plate in 10 seconds.

The problem is the first waves are manageable then on the last wave it becomes nearly impossible. That's why the original poster wrote where do groups go, not where can I solo.

Why bring a group if you can solo it? Sanctus for instance is easy. Then the last wave shows up and they're all of the sudden 10x more powerful.

What we need is regular zones with creatures around the power of the rise wondering around so groups have viable content.

Time Lord and Marcus Antoninus like this.
  5. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

What does it mean +2-4 minutes, that you can tank 5th waves of undead which will come again and again for this time ?
    Why sanctus spine 4/5 and eastreach gap 5/5 ? Imho Undeads are stronger they can ressurect.
    Can you make a video ? It will be really epic...

A little bit of thinking: If he not use some kind of obstacles I see only one possibllity - he actively use mesmerize, and has very high level fire resistance buffs ~75% in a sum, then it is possible but pretty long from my point of view. Not sure that is possible to tank them, so only very good crowd control, and even CL would not help much here(if it works now as earlier 3-4 maximum targets)
    But there is a problem: If I understand right on last waves there is smth like a timer, if you in a combat with 4th wave too long 5th wave will appear even if you didnt kill 4th. (many times I saw that we didnt kill 4th and 5th wave appears in Sanctus spine)

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Battle Focus isn't Always in the Numbers or the Individual's Chosen Skill Style~o_O
    There is no doubt that we have a need for increasing player numbers as our game progresses forward. I wonder if we will ever be able to field a large combat force which has always been one of my personal goals to help in it's achievement. I want to see 400+ players all very happily killing each other :D It's been done in UO and it's a very antiquated game o_O... But there is an element here which is much deeper and that's the focusing of any group's true power.

I've noticed that there has been only one single comment mentioned here about the strategy within the cards and I do know what to say about this because the most powerful statement here has been overlooked. I haven't heard a comment of any group engagement that ever spoke here about the power within the group's chosen cards.

The Tank Healer crosses into this, yet doesn't fully describe any strategy any deeper than building togetherness. When any championship fighter enters into their following competition, the wisest of them switch around their cards building a new deck. Taken such winning strategy much deeper into the power of any group, their decks and card placements when combined through better strategy would make for a much better whole as a team.

There's deeper strategy to be had and power increase within a team's cards through more coordination of the planned attack rather than the assimilation of player numbers.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

7. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I saw Jaden on a control point, he has nice tactics - tank by mobility, obstacles usage and fire resistance. DPS by fire. And yes he make 5th waves solo :eek:

8. LikeAfox2

LikeAfox2 Avatar

That's insane. Can I add you in game and take some pointers on my build? I just hit AL 72 and am wondering what I'm missing. But, 461k exp/hour is amazing.

The highest I've gotten to solo was 245k exp/hour

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Phoenix2

Phoenix2 Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Currently it seems the only incentive to group is if you're exactly equal skill level as the other person.
    In almost every other circumstance, someone is doing the lion's share of the load and/or dragging a lower level player around.

There's no bonus or benefit to grouping as there's very little content that requires a group, and the content that does require a group (control points, The Rise possibly, ghost corpion, dragon killing, etc.) gives so little reward that other than being able to say you've killed it, you're better off solo grinding.

If there was some cool loot, or some sort of xp share bonus, it might be better.

postulio, Time Lord and Modu like this.
  11. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Im rdy fo zones 20 skulls open PvP.

smack, Modu, Time Lord and 1 other person like this.
  12. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

I'm in the same guild as Jaden ( Guardiens Du Lys ) ( making some advertise here ;) ) and i confirm he is not lying , this guy is a beast ;p many of us ask him for advice on how to build.

Would like to say that imo those who say we were a group of lvl 70 etc.. seem to forget that its not wow. Being adv lvl 70 don't mean that your are build right and have focus on the good skill and don't forget gear can make a huge difference too .Im pretty sure that there is some lvl 50 that are more powerfull than some lvl 75 out there. If you are in full set of +9 gear with the right bonus that could make a huge différence.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  13. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

hence the problem with knowing the adv level and using it as a benchmark. It's not in the game for a reason, people need to stop referring to it like it is a sign of power

Fauxpas, smack, Beli and 1 other person like this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I agree...
    [​IMG]

~Evaluating True Power~
    This is one of those brain farts everyone has when entering SOTA :confused: But it's a natural one that happens to all of us because all we have to go on are the terms from other games. Personally I evaluate true power within the 2 elements of a player's personal finger dexterity and their ability to master the card decks. What to call such a combined this escapes me to come up with a catch phrase but the 2 are what now matters most.

MMOPRG the term invented by Richard Garriott in 1997...
    Kingdom of the Winds... of 1996 inspired,
    Ultima Online... of 1997 inspired,
    Ever Quest... of 1999 inspired,
    WoW... of 2004
    Maybe it could be evaluated on how fast a player can shoot the finger and play some mean card decks within the group o_O?'... *we're not in Kansas anymore toto* o_O...
    ~Time Lord~:cool: *don't look at me, I suc, but I know what it takes not to* ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    helm likes this.
  15. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

So you only spent an hour and a half failing on what is supposed to be difficult content? What's the problem? That's exactly how things should work.... if it were too easy, then it wouldn't be difficult high level content. I remember spending days failing in raids when they first came out in other games. You keep trying until you figure out what you need to do to complete it effectively. Maybe your groups tactics or decks are all wrong. Maybe you need players playing certain roles rather than just "DPS the sh*t out of everything!" Do you have a dedicated healer helping to keep you alive maybe? Maybe that's what you need. And I don't mean someone who's just dabbled in Life magic and switches their deck to all heals. Maybe you and your party members need to work on their defensive stats and skills. There are many reasons why you could be failing these CPs with a group other than "they're just too hard for a group to reasonably do."

That said, I don't think the rewards are good enough still for these types of things. It's the same with The Rise... sure it's a cool area and a good challenge for a group or high level well geared solo player, but what's the actual point of going there besides experiencing it for the first time? Nothing special drops there that I know of.

Beli and Time Lord like this.
  16. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Our guys in the republic are out there doing the CP's all the time and I've yet to hear a complaint about failure or it being too hard? I know for a fact we take lower level players too so it's not just 70+ folks (not that level matters at all for power anyway).

Dariog and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.